The Jacobs Photo Is A Juvenile Sasquatch

Guest Forbig

Guest HairyGreek

...unless it's a starving bear with mange...

I think this is exactly what people are saying. Seems just as likely. If you can't discount either possibility, what does it really matter WHAT is in the photo?

Edited by HairyGreek

I think this is exactly what people are saying. Seems just as likely. If you can't discount either possibility, what does it really matter WHAT is in the photo?

That's basically the issue. JMO, it doesn't matter how good a pic is, someone is always going to say it's a 1) Hoax, 2) mis-identification, 3) If there are other animals in the pic sequence "it has to be what the other animal is", 4) Someone shoots the dang thing and they get crucified!

The mangy bear thing.........Has anyone ever dealt with a mangy animal at close range or owned one? The hair will possible "thin" first, or fall out in patches before it starts going bare. The Jacobs pics "do not" fit either scenario even in the early stages of mange. BTW, an animal with mange usually does not die from mange but from a secondary infection.

Bear conformation ratio.........Doesn't fit.

So it comes down to the same old chit, the ones who believe and the ones who don't. This will be repeated over and over again, a never ending scenario when pics are discussed.

It's amusing, when people post saying that if these things do truly exist, why aren't there more photographs with all the game cams out in the woods?.........................hmmmmm, I wonder why? I'll bet they do exist but people won't put out because--->Read below..........

Answer-----> Read this thread and others that have posted pics.

Kill one----->Read the Sierra thread about how the participants has been raked over the coals.

DNA--------->Read the Ketchum thread.

My immediate reaction the first instant I saw the picture way back when was chimp. Now I honestly just don't know what it is. Arguments for both sides are just too good I suppose :blink:

No matter what it is, the one thing this thread is showing is that once again, no amount of photographic or video evidence is really going to do the trick. It is DNA and/or dead body or bust.

If it can't be a bear, it's a blobsquatch or a man in a monkey suit. It's all just going in circles until something profound is uncovered through scientific testing of some sort of physical evidence. I just don't see it any other way.

Jane Goodall would take umberage with that... Clear, close, decisive video along with DNA would be enough according to Dr. Goodall.

Guest HairyGreek

Well, my email is in my profile. She can write me if she takes umbrage to my position. Somehow, I don't think I will be hearing from her. ;)

ah, but that is the trick...with DNA. That is my position. In must be in tandem.

Edited by HairyGreek

That's basically the issue. JMO, it doesn't matter how good a pic is, someone is always going to say it's a 1) Hoax, 2) mis-identification, 3) If there are other animals in the pic sequence "it has to be what the other animal is", 4) Someone shoots the dang thing and they get crucified!

The mangy bear thing.........Has anyone ever dealt with a mangy animal at close range or owned one? The hair will possible "thin" first, or fall out in patches before it starts going bare. The Jacobs pics "do not" fit either scenario even in the early stages of mange. BTW, an animal with mange usually does not die from mange but from a secondary infection.

Bear conformation ratio.........Doesn't fit.

So it comes down to the same old chit, the ones who believe and the ones who don't. This will be repeated over and over again, a never ending scenario when pics are discussed.

It's amusing, when people post saying that if these things do truly exist, why aren't there more photographs with all the game cams out in the woods?.........................hmmmmm, I wonder why? I'll bet they do exist but people won't put out because--->Read below..........

Answer-----> Read this thread and others that have posted pics.

Kill one----->Read the Sierra thread about how the participants has been raked over the coals.

DNA--------->Read the Ketchum thread.

I agree. We can have a clear cut BF photo, and it will be proclaimed to be a fake. It might just boil down to the character who took the photo.....honest type or.........shady type.

Guest Giganto Guru

I agree. We can have a clear cut BF photo, and it will be proclaimed to be a fake. It might just boil down to the character who took the photo.....honest type or.........shady type.

I second that what's needed is something with demonstrable physical characteristics. This would conceivably include any parts or pieces.

Disagree. The real problem is there simply are no "clear cut" BF photos.

It's easy for us to say no one would credit them, but where the heck are they? Then we'll discuss whether they'd be accepted.

BFF Patron

The problem with the "Jacob's bear" is that the heel has no more likelihood of being from a primate than the man in the moon.

The problem with the "Jacob's bear" is that the heel has no more likelihood of being from a primate than the man in the moon.

You do realize that any heel we think we see in these photos is HIGHLY speculative, right? At least that's what I'm told when I pointed out some of the "Jacobs Sasquatch" features that have proved it was not a bear.

I admit, ol' Ernst Mayr does look like he's up to something in my avatar photo . . .

So all this time I thought . . . and that’s not your real picture. . . anyway thanks for saving my butt. (G rated version) :wacko:

I’m glad we finally found something we can agree on. :D

Meantime, the Jacobs creature was a Sasquatch.

Guest krakatoa

Compare a bear to a BF below. Still think bear? Bears are fuller and have ears and a tail.

Yup. Still looks like a bear. Not the one in your photo. More like a mangy one that hasn't eaten enough.