Submitting A BF Sample To Science

hiflier

BFF Patron

The other factor finding a body is that I am convinced that they tend for their dead.     The relatives find a missing bigfoot and haul it off.    We have several reports of that happening.     That factor alone makes it as unlikely to find a BF body in the woods as it would finding a human body.    Other than car wrecks, I have never found a human body in the woods.    Then again I am not a hunter where that is more likely to happen.   I pretty much avoid being out during hunting season.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I pretty much avoid being out during hunting season.  

Smart man. Ditto. Wearing bright orange and staying on trails and making noise is about  as good as anyone can do. There areas of NF areas closed to hunting though and most state parks prohibit it. Still......things happen. Autumn is the worst time, late winter/Spring the best. Too much foliage in Summer and the heat and insects have already been working hard on a carcass. As far as removing their dead goes, dying in winter, freezing, and getting covered in snow may work to have the body not found by other BF's before they leave the area. So there's always a chance for success. One simply has to stay positive on the discovery front

BFF Patron
36 minutes ago, hiflier said:

. As far as removing their dead goes, dying in winter, freezing, and getting covered in snow may work to have the body not found by other BF's before they leave the area. So there's always a chance for success. One simply has to stay positive on the discovery front

That is why natural disasters are the best shot at finding one.    Avalanches,   tree falls,   wind blow downs,  fires,   volcanoes, or receding glaciers,  are events that can make something happen.   Even extended severe cold could do the trick.     They like us are one broken leg away from being too far out to get back to family.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

That is why natural disasters are the best shot at finding one.    Avalanches,   tree falls,   wind blow downs,  fires,   volcanoes, or receding glaciers,  are events that can make something happen.   Even extended severe cold could do the trick.     They like us are one broken leg away from being too far out to get back to family.  

How have they not found an Alma in all of the receding glaciers/mud flows in Russia?

Where they find all of the still preserved mammoths/wolves/etc.

• Upvote 1

Dunno, maybe they got on the mammoths that were left and rode them away? Or just smart enough and mobile enough to follow the migrations into more temperate areas. Sure these are just excuses to cover what you're saying - which is a good point :) I will say this though, it's a heck of a lot easier to run down current science and knock on a few doors than taking a shovel to Siberia and digging into the permafrost. In fact there's a LOT of things harder and more expensive to do, not to mention risky, than writing an email or making a phone call. It depends on how serious one is about getting to the truth and then deciding on the best course of action to take.

Oh yes, there's nothing wrong with a bunch of people getting together and focusing on the same thing, the same place, or the same person. This isn't the same thing as having a couple of hundred individuals storming the gates at Area 51. This is about a creature NOT on a secret military installation. It's about talking to someone perhaps at a university? Putting it in that kind of perspective kinda whittles things down to manageable size. I mean Bigfoot isn't a new subject and TV shows have made sure that at least SOME young academics will have given the subject some thought or even become a bit more serious that that. I wonder how many zoology professors have had to field the questions those young academics may have had. And I wonder how many of those academics were satisfied with the answers they received.     

I will no longer discourage you @hiflier , in your own personal journey/attack, but my point is more than just valid....

I get more and more worried/pessimistic as the days go on that we will ever have closure...or that this is some flesh and blood animal like you and I or a lion, monkey, elephant, whatever.

Edited by NatFoot
  • Upvote 2

On 10/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, hiflier said:

Because I don't think a private citizen could get it through the mail without some inspector blowing the whistle on it being a "body part". My guess is after that the sender would get a knock on the door asking where the "victim" is buried and wanting to arrest the sender as a murder suspect and search the premises. That's why a BF body needs to be left in situ followed by a very careful orchestration of who it is that one notifies. If the finder doesn't have a friend who is an LEO then ask around one's circle of friends to see who does. Document everything on site and then document who goes there and what gets done and by whom.

It seems worrisome to ask whoever goes to see the creature to go off the record but under the circumstances, if explained, then whoever agrees to go just might do it privately. If it IS an LEO then they should be told exactly what the seriousness of the find could mean if the news somehow got out before the proper safeguards are in place to protect the discovery. Personally I would say nothing until an LEO is off-duty. That's why knowing one, or someone you know and trust does, is probably about the only thing that can be done. THEN have the LEO friend, since they have more credibility, agree to contact a biologist on the QT.

An LEO may agree to that once they go with you and see that the discovery isn't Human and definitely not a bear. Once that's done then a deeper discussion on how to proceed, and WHY, can be broached. It would be out of anyone's hands to stop whatever happens after that. One can only hope that the find will drive home the need for careful handling in order to get a sample looked at while under the direction and supervision of the biologist. If there is a better way then I would certainly be open to hearing it. Or expanding more on what I've just said.

Of course the usual precautions regarding electronic devices should be in place. Devices off and wrapped in foil with batteries removed. Once the discussions are over devices can go back on but nothing concerning the find should be mentioned. Write notes if need be.

No, no, it's cool, just notify Dr. Sykes of what you have and it can be shipped as long as it is packaged a certain way. You'ld have to leave the body because how in the heck are you going to lift a 1000-1500 pound corpse by yourself? It's not going to fit in a freezer without dismembering it, you also have to consider potential exposure to a pathogens that you have no immunity for, so hauling that thing anywhere is not a good idea. I'ld leave the LEO out of it completely. 

Edited by CallyCat
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, NatFoot said:

How have they not found an Alma in all of the receding glaciers/mud flows in Russia?

Where they find all of the still preserved mammoths/wolves/etc.

The same way are not found in wild fires of California and  the  Earthquakes of Nepal .

Probably don't exist. 

6 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The same way are not found in wild fires of California and  the  Earthquakes of Nepal .

Probably don't exist. 

Do you subscribe to the null hypothesis? My state F&W biologist does because he told me that they are not sure they don't exist. Maybe you do, because you said they "probably" don't exist? Does this mean that you're not 100% sure?

Might you be able to suggest ways to find out?

Edited by hiflier

7 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Probably don't exist. 

Have you been or seen pluto or Africa, have you ever seen Black holes, dark matter? Do you believe they exist? There is evidence - I haven't seen any of those place... But the evidence seems to point that they are there. 

We must keep opens minds, I respect your beliefs. But these are mysteries that we are all try to resolve! For me - thats the most fun part of all this! 

when I was young I had a UFO sighting.... As I got older I stopped telling people about it, why? Because Most laugh and ridiculed - Like I was crazy..... I was 10 yrs and watch it for about 5 minutes or So.

Does that mean they dont exist, To me,  They are real... at the time of the sighting - we didnt have anything like that, I am 60 now... You can do the math.

Edited by Franco

BFF Patron

Franco if you still think you saw a UFO at age 10 you likely did.    Myself I would not trust my judgement as a 10 year old to know what I saw after 52 years of flying.   Now I could evaluate the flight characteristics of something and have a better idea if what I was seeing could or could not be an aircraft.    I saw a couple of things that had me wondering during my flying experience but I figured out what was going on.     One was a high altitude silver mylar weather balloon that was about 50,000 feet.    They flatten out at altitude to a saucer shape.   I was flying below in a T-38 and saw it,    so was able to climb up close enough to tell what it was.     Another was the moon between cloud layers.   It was not until I was sitting on the beach in Seaside Oregon that I saw a single point of light object silently move along the coast and make a climbing turn straight up at an incredible turn rate and rate of climb.   Those rates were not something an aircraft is capable of,  or moving that fast without producing sound.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I was flying below in a T-38 and saw it,    so was able to climb up close enough to tell what it was.

I am so freaking envious of your having piloted a supersonic jet! How awesome.

For myself, anything moving in the sky, no mater how erratic, isn't a smoking gun. So what is? I'll tell you. We have helicopters, Harrier-type jets, and blimps/ballons and they all have one thing in common-  They can hover. Of the three, blimps are the only ones that can hover while remaining stationary (untethered balloons being wind-borne). But blimps are usually lit up somewhat at night and do make some noise when trying to remain in place. That leaves objects that truly hover silently as the best candidate for what "UFO" generally means to the public.

The ability to silently hover in place, outside of a tethered LTA craft, separates the men from the boys as far a I'm concerned.  

Edited by hiflier

Ok so may uncle owned a diary farm in NW Illinois... I being the Oldest Child in the family was recruit to work on the farm. It was just after we start getting ready to milk the cows. about 345-400 am in the morning. I Just swept the out the Chiller area and was standing in the Doorway looking out eastward watching the day light break. When i notice the bright light. it looked like what I would describe today as a very bright LED white Light. it was conical shape. At first I thought it was a search light of some sort. There were trees to the Left of me.  the light i notice was through the Trees about my 9 oclock.  at about my 11 oclock there was a field probably 200 acres. once the Light broke from the trees I saw a craft. I light hum was in the air. this craft was probably 300-400 ft off the ground. from where I was standing it appeared to be 3-4 Stories Tall about 60 ft. it was a dark grey. The outside was twilight so it might of been silver. it moved extremely slow. As though it was searching for something.  it just kept getting longer and longer. then it srear turned. it was now at my 12 olclock 

There was 4 rectangle strips of Light on the back going from the bottom to the top  I could see a bright singular light on the bottom center and the search light on the tip. It was a triangle craft. hugh.... it was now pointing dead east. The lights on the back powered up. [Got very Bright] and it disappeared. Gone. I was standing and my uncle was right behind me. I asked him did you see that. 

He told me to get back work, we have chores to Do. I tried many times that day. He wouldn't talk about it. 

As I talk or type this I can still see it as if it was happening right now............

Point once you have a experience with the unusual you believe

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Franco if you still think you saw a UFO at age 10 you likely did.    Myself I would not trust my judgement as a 10 year old to know what I saw after 52 years of flying.   Now I could evaluate the flight characteristics of something and have a better idea if what I was seeing could or could not be an aircraft.    I saw a couple of things that had me wondering during my flying experience but I figured out what was going on.     One was a high altitude silver mylar weather balloon that was about 50,000 feet.    They flatten out at altitude to a saucer shape.   I was flying below in a T-38 and saw it,    so was able to climb up close enough to tell what it was.     Another was the moon between cloud layers.   It was not until I was sitting on the beach in Seaside Oregon that I saw a single point of light object silently move along the coast and make a climbing turn straight up at an incredible turn rate and rate of climb.   Those rates were not something an aircraft is capable of,  or moving that fast without producing sound.   

So you understand, you never forget

Edited by Franco
  • Upvote 1

The Space Aliens enjoy dropping off Sasquatches to mess with the humans, its a very popular Reality TV Show on their home planet!