Submitting A BF Sample To Science

hiflier

1 hour ago, SackScratch said:

The Space Aliens enjoy dropping off Sasquatches to mess with the humans, its a very popular Reality TV Show on their home planet!

The Predator franchise is very popular back at the Predator home planet. They have a love -hate fandom with Arnold.

Hiflier, how is that webcam sky monitoring activity going?

Hey, Cat, nothing on the sky cam. But then I'm one of those rare folks that have never seen what I would call an UFO. Everyone seems to see them but me. MUFON used to have a "free" live UFO Stalker map which showed current sightings reports. Now one has to sign up as a member and I refuse to because I won't play their game.

@Franco, I did an in-depth study of the Big Black Triangles about 8 years back. Created a database on them just to see what was what as I had a theory about them. That's quite a tale in and of itself. We should discuss it sometime? But in the meantime what I will put forth is a piece of my theory to you (if you can remember the exact date it would help): 1) Your sighting was in a clear sky, 2) there was almost no wind, 3) what little wind there was, was out of the West, Northwest, or Southwest, and 4) how close was the farm to Scott AFB?

Here's something you might like to read: https://www.ufocasebook.com/illinoissightings.html 

and: https://www.ufocasebook.com/illinoissightings2.html

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
On 11/15/2019 at 9:02 AM, Incorrigible1 said:

I am so freaking envious of your having piloted a supersonic jet! How awesome.

You know going supersonic is sort of a yawn thing now in airplanes designed to go that fast.    The airspeed sort of hangs up for a couple of seconds and then you are through.    The straight wing airplane  (Bell X-1) Yeager flew was much more exciting, bucking around and not liking being that fast.      The exciting thing in the T-38 was there was a high incidence of supersonic fire lights.    You got a fire light and did not know if it was real or not.     So you slowed, shut down the engine, and flew back home on one engine.     The supersonic airflow sort of messed with the temperature sensors in the engine bay and made some read hotter than normal.      That must have happened to me 5 or 6 times.       You gave a new student a burner climb,   supersonic flight,  and then some aerobatics on his first flight in the airplane.   We called it the Dollar Ride.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
22 hours ago, SackScratch said:

The Space Aliens enjoy dropping off Sasquatches to mess with the humans, its a very popular Reality TV Show on their home planet!

Never thought of that aspect.  Would explain the UFO sightings with Sasquatch involved.    I have always disputed Sasquatches being alien because they don't have any gadgets they carry around.    Maybe they are filming a naked survival reality show?    Scared human witnesses would be a good attraction for the show.  

14 hours ago, hiflier said:

Hey, Cat, nothing on the sky cam. But then I'm one of those rare folks that have never seen what I would call an UFO. Everyone seems to see them but me. MUFON used to have a "free" live UFO Stalker map which showed current sightings reports. Now one has to sign up as a member and I refuse to because I won't play their game.

I used to ask other pilots if they had seen any.   Only one ever said yes.     He said it was at night over North Dakota.    It was low, slow and shining a very bright light down at the ground.    Of course pilots as a rule do not report or talk about them because you get to go talk to the military or company shrink since UFOs do not exist.     

13 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

He said it was at night over North Dakota.    It was low, slow and shining a very bright light down at the ground.    

For my study, "back when", I would have needed more info on the sighting. No different than studying Bigfoot, right? So I would have to know the actual date of your pilot's sighting as well as the time. So far, what you've said was this occurred over North Dakota. You pilot observed not only the craft but also the light that lit up the ground. That tells me the atmospheric conditions were clear. Your pilot also was able to determine that the craft was moving slowly. The approximate compass direct that the craft was traveling in is an unknown along with the date, however.

Date, time of day, atmospheric conditions, and direction of travel (meaning the craft). Those were the four main elements that I plugged into my database.

29 minutes ago, hiflier said:

For my study, "back when", I would have needed more info on the sighting. No different than studying Bigfoot, right? So I would have to know the actual date of your pilot's sighting as well as the time. So far, what you've said was this occurred over North Dakota. You pilot observed not only the craft but also the light that lit up the ground. That tells me the atmospheric conditions were clear. Your pilot also was able to determine that the craft was moving slowly. The approximate compass direct that the craft was traveling in is an unknown along with the date, however.

Date, time of day, atmospheric conditions, and direction of travel (meaning the craft). Those were the four main elements that I plugged into my database.

Your end hypothesis was the black triangles were more like air balloons than high speed craft, correct?

Yes, with a maximum speed of approximately 80 mph......WITH the wind. I also estimated at the time that there were no more than six units in the US with not all six flying at once. In fact, in my two year study, I never saw more than three concurrent reports in any given time frame. So I used two criteria: 1) the reported crafts needed to be 1,000 mile from each other and 2) had to have been in the air within a half-hour of each other. In other words, if a report came in and, a half-hour later, another report came in then under my criteria they couldn't be the same craft unless they flew like the French Concorde SST which had a speed of 2,000 mph. That's how fast one craft would have to fly in order to be 1,000 miles away in a half-hour. In two years there were only a handful of instances where more that two or three craft were spotted in a different locale at about the same time. All other times showed only one craft flying at a time with sometimes hours or even days between sightings.

It was an interesting study and observation which took me some time to figure out how I was going to make such determinations. In those days, sighting times were recorded in whatever local time zone they occurred in. So there was no way to easily determine if reports occurred at relatively the same time or not. I found my coincidence reports by converting reports from the four different main US time zones to the Universal Tome Code (UTC) once I did that then any closely concurrent flight times presented themselves. Before doing that it was impossible to tell. Back then, I wrote to MUFON about the time signature/pattern issue and I'm not sure but I think they may have switch to include both local times along with UTC time.

Also going through so many reports I saw fabrications. In one instance a witness in the East claimed to step out of their vehicle in some driveway and reporting seeing FIVE large Triangles overhead. I noted the date and time of the report..........that locale was steeped in quarter/mile visibility fog at the supposed time of the sighting (daytime) so there was no way anyone could've seen anything. There are more lies in UFO reports than most could ever imagine.     

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Also going through so many reports I saw fabrications. In one instance a witness in the East claimed to step out of their vehicle in some driveway and reporting seeing FIVE large Triangles overhead. I noted the date and time of the report..........that locale was steeped in quarter/mile visibility fog at the supposed time of the sighting (daytime) so there was no way anyone could've seen anything. There are more lies in UFO reports than most could ever imagine.     

Hate to tell you this but with less than a quarter mile visibility,  you often can look straight down and see the ground from the air.     Ground fog can be very thin and with 300 horizontal feet visibility in some situations you can see an airport from above.  But try to land and you cannot find the runway because you are looking horizontally through the fog.    If you looked straight up you could see triangles in the day time in that situation.     I saw this a lot when I was stationed in Central Valley of California.   We would get fog that lasted for days sometimes.    As a matter of fact I came home after dark last night and the visibility was less than a quarter mile.    I could barely see the house across the road.   But I could see the moon up overhead.  

You would have to know the top of the fog layer to know if could see up or down through it.     Our marine layer here in Western Washington can be foggy and very thick when it pushes in from the coast.     Sometimes so thick you get drizzle from it.   But the ground fog that forms through night time radiation cooling can be very thin.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Very familiar with fog being in Maine. The report I was talking about said nothing about fog of any kind. There was also a report about a Black Triangle crossing in front of a full on a night when there wasn't one. But we know all about that kind of story, don't we now. If anyone needs a refresher on a particularly bogus BF report just ask the infamous Don Keating. He created a Full Moon for his encounter when there couldn't possibly have been one. In fact, the complete opposite was true.

As far as UFO reports go? NUFORC? 300-500 a month? 650 just this past September? Seriously? Even if only 5% are considered valid it would be 15-25 a month and that's not even counting MUFON's. So much for NORAD and the USAF, Homeland Security, NSA and all the rest of the alphabet groups who, last I hard, really meant business when it comes to National Security. So sorry, I don't buy one bit of the Alien/UFO jive.

If there were only one or two reports every now and then, maybe I could see my way. But the sheer number of reports stinks like all get out. 3,000 to 6,000 a YEAR? Where are the torches and pitchforks when one really needs them? See if anyone can actually get a number for the amount of people abducted in just 2018? Or say, between 1950 and 2000? How about so far in this current century? Maybe 2000 to 2015?

Edited by hiflier

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Very familiar with fog being in Maine. The report I was talking about said nothing about fog of any kind. There was also a report about a Black Triangle crossing in front of a full on a night when there wasn't one. But we know all about that kind of story, don't we now. If anyone needs a refresher on a particularly bogus BF report just ask the infamous Don Keating. He created a Full Moon for his encounter when there couldn't possibly have been one. In fact, the complete opposite was true.

As far as UFO reports go? NUFORC? 300-500 a month? 650 just this past September? Seriously? Even if only 5% are considered valid it would be 15-25 a month and that's not even counting MUFON's. So much for NORAD and the USAF, Homeland Security, NSA and all the rest of the alphabet groups who, last I hard, really meant business when it comes to National Security. So sorry, I don't buy one bit of the Alien/UFO jive.

If there were only one or two reports every now and then, maybe I could see my way. But the sheer number of reports stinks like all get out. 3,000 to 6,000 a YEAR? Where are the torches and pitchforks when one really needs them? See if anyone can actually get a number for the amount of people abducted in just 2018? Or say, between 1950 and 2000? How about so far in this current century? Maybe 2000 to 2015?

I cannot criticize the UFO community when I'm part of the BF community, even if I'm just an online believer at this point.

BFF Patron

There are undoubtedly many mistaken people making UFO reports.     The big planets and venus when they are nearest in orbit are very large and bright.    Throw in nystagmus and a stationary object looks like it is moving about randomly.     Most people would not know or identify what an F-117 or B-2 looks like in the air or at dusk.   You have to recognize normal objects to know what is abnormal.   Some of the large drones available and flown would look like a UFO at night.    They are not supposed to be flown at night but then again some seem to be a crazy lawbreaking bunch that like to fly around airports.    I suspect some are lighted intentionally to look like UFO's.   It is only a matter of time before some airliner runs into a drone and crashes.   Same kinda person that don's a bigfoot costume and runs around trying to be seen.    But as Project Blue Book found out,  some cannot be explained away with normal phenomena.   There are enough of those to raise the question of us being alone in the galaxy.  

On 11/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, hiflier said:

Do you subscribe to the null hypothesis? My state F&W biologist does because he told me that they are not sure they don't exist. Maybe you do, because you said they "probably" don't exist? Does this mean that you're not 100% sure?

Might you be able to suggest ways to find out?

I have read up on the null hypothesis. Not the case here. The probably don't exist comment comes from a place of logic and evidence. Not just personal belief. 

No proof of existence that I am aware of. Lots of evidence that can be explained away. Until there is a type specimen to examine ,test and  document then the only conclusion that makes sense to me is probably don't exist. 

Franco 

I have seem Africa and evidence of the others with telescopes  and other forms of scientific evidence.  I have also seen UFO'S in   January 1978 with my mother. 

I have not seen man apes in the flesh or evidence of their existence in the here and now  that convinces me of their existence.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:44 PM, hiflier said:

@Franco, I did an in-depth study of the Big Black Triangles about 8 years back. Created a database on them just to see what was what as I had a theory about them. That's quite a tale in and of itself. We should discuss it sometime? But in the meantime what I will put forth is a piece of my theory to you (if you can remember the exact date it would help): 1) Your sighting was in a clear sky, 2) there was almost no wind, 3) what little wind there was, was out of the West, Northwest, or Southwest, and 4) how close was the farm to Scott AFB?

Here's something you might like to read: https://www.ufocasebook.com/illinoissightings.html 

and: https://www.ufocasebook.com/illinoissightings2.html

On 11/15/2019 at 10:44 PM, hiflier said:

It was late June - NO wind that I remember, We were in Harvard, Illinois. Skys were clear. 320 miles south of Harvard... Had to look that up. 

On 11/17/2019 at 3:59 AM, NatFoot said:

I cannot criticize the UFO community when I'm part of the BF community, even if I'm just an online believer at this point.

Bigfoot is in your consciousness as well which is exactly what the UFO phenomena is all about too.

There is a good deal of non-crackpot discussion online and offline that says all paranormal phenomena is from the same or similar source.  Instead of a tangible explanation for all of it, there is only  paranormal reasoning that lines up.

I personally don't believe BF are linked with aliens but a good many theorists do believe that.

3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Bigfoot is in your consciousness as well which is exactly what the UFO phenomena is all about too.

I am not a firm believer of the UFO phenomena at all since I believe that are a part of the fallen and man made things. As bigfoot being a part of our consciousness it is only due to us constantly being on this forum or any other forum and talking about this creature.  Also when we are having deep discussion at gatherings in group or when we are in deep thought.  Having the awareness of this creature.

3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I personally don't believe BF are linked with aliens but a good many theorists do believe that.

I can truly agree with you here that these creatures are not linked to UFO's or Alien beings. They are flesh and blood creatures with abilities that we still might or might not understand. I say might due that there might be one or a few in captivity being studied as we write on this forum.