Patty is a large Paranthropus?

norseman

So, have we an Australopithicene under a new name? In truth, because of the creature's apparent primitive brain, i.e., after 3.5 million years, no fire, no advanced tools, no wheel, no co-mingling with Modern Humans, I would have to sideline the hypothesis. It's why I keep saying the Sasquatch is in the primate evolutionary line but split off before any early Humans or proto-Humans began to develop their larger brain sizes and cognitive abilities.  

Edited by hiflier

14 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Patty is this guy....

Screenshot_20201228-184754.png

Water polo???

He would soak up the pool like a sponge with that pelt.

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

He would soak up the pool like a sponge with that pelt

Likely!   .. but it might serve him well in cold water helping retain some water already warmed by body heat rather than having it all escape .. reduce convection of a sort.   I wonder how that might apply to bigfoot?   Stiffer hair vs softer "fur", thickness of the layer of retained/pre-heated water, etc?  

Dunno, just triggered an outside-the-box idea. 

MIB

I don't think I've ever seen a man built like that. He's not Andre the Giant by any means, but his proportions are unique.

I wonder if he breaks @hiflier theory on shoulder width? I'm sure you can find some additional details on this guy on the internet in regards to height and weight. He doesn't look all that talk to me.

11 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I don't think I've ever seen a man built like that. He's not Andre the Giant by any means, but his proportions are unique.

I wonder if he breaks @hiflier theory on shoulder width? I'm sure you can find some additional details on this guy on the internet in regards to height and weight. He doesn't look all that talk to me.

The stats that I seeing on him don't seem correct.

6'6", but only 203 lbs???  No way.  He's got 150 lbs of body hair alone.  

That's a 300+ lb guy if I have ever seen one... especially if the 6'6" height is correct.

Screenshot_20201229-114956.png

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Looks like he was 203 in his olympics days and the pic I posted was once he got old....

Screenshot_20201229-125240.png

That doesn't even look like the same guy.

His shoulders are huge in that first pic.  

2 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I wonder if he breaks @hiflier theory on shoulder width?

There is no theory. There is only math. Average shoulder width of a guy 6'6 would be 19.5". At the musculature of the man in his swim years and he could have boasted between 20-21". Even later in life as his muscles got soft a fat layer would have still maintained his shoulder width somewhat. Don't forget, at 6'6, 19.5 " shoulder is an AVERAGE. So some men will be wider than 19.5", some not.

Edited by hiflier

36 minutes ago, hiflier said:

There is no theory. There is only math. Average shoulder width of a guy 6'6 would be 19.5". At the musculature of the man in his swim years and he could have boasted between 20-21". Even later in life as his muscles got soft a fat layer would have still maintained his shoulder width somewhat. Don't forget, at 6'6, 19.5 " shoulder is an AVERAGE. So some men will be wider than 19.5", some not.

I guess there's no way to know....unless there's a measurement out there of this guys shoulders.

@BlackRockBigfoot - no idea. Only what I found with a quick search. 

Sorry to derail the thread!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Paranthropus, of course.  Let's review apes and men.

Apes are adapted to  arboreal life. Apes are adapted to swing under branches through trees.  They have distinctive arm, shoulder and hand anatomy to do this.  Below the waist they lack a basin shaped pelvis, femur length is wrong for walking, spine is not "S" shaped, feet are wrong for walking, muscles attach in the wrong places for sustained upright locomotion.  So, for instance, there is no evidence Gigantopithecus ever walked upright.

Australopithecus, including Paranthropus, is adapted to arboreal life just like the apes.  They have the same arm, shoulder, hand anatomy as apes.  But in addition they have the walking anatomy of Homo, minus the arch of the foot.

Homo, has no specialized anatomy for brachiation.  Has all the special anatomy for walking.  

Bigfoot is seen in the trees and sometimes high up there.  Bigfoot is seen walking. The only creature which can do both is Australopithecus.  Bigfoot seems to lack the arch of the foot.

Now we know size is nothing.  We have the Hobbits and the new small creatures from the Philippines, and very small guys from Georgia, which have all the Australopithecus arm, hand and shoulder anatomy but are tiny.  If they can get small, they can get big.