Patty is a large Paranthropus?

norseman

1 hour ago, SackScratch said:

the dvd called "Bigfoot the Definitive Guide" speculates that Bigfoot may be Feral Humans or Relic Neanderthals based on sightings of them looking more Human than Ape!  Just one of many theories they throw out there.

Doesn't fit, doesn't "work" for the size of the "guy" I saw.   They should be close to us but I think that is too close for there to have been enough time.    I don't think we have any potential answers that aren't incredibly speculative at this point, so much so that nobody should be investing much ego in any specific explanation.   Instead, we should focus on refining the questions since we don't yet have answers or a way to choose among the potential answers.    .. but that's just my view.

MIB

• Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 5 months later...
Admin

What a great thread!

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, MIB said:

Doesn't fit, doesn't "work" for the size of the "guy" I saw.   They should be close to us but I think that is too close for there to have been enough time.    I don't think we have any potential answers that aren't incredibly speculative at this point, so much so that nobody should be investing much ego in any specific explanation.   Instead, we should focus on refining the questions since we don't yet have answers or a way to choose among the potential answers.    .. but that's just my view.

MIB

That's were I am at right now. 

Someone doesn't agree with me?  Who cares?  It's all speculation at this point.  No one answer seems to have a 'one size fits all' sort of answer to the phenomenon, so someone else's guess is as good as mine.  I have zero ego invested into any one explanation, because none of the explanations do a good job of explaining it. 

The video that Norseman posted is intriguing though.  Paranthropus lived in a warmer climate than we currently experience.  Could Bergmann's Rule somehow play into the size difference?  Can creatures who live throughout the eras get larger in response to global cooling?  Paranthropus was what....5 feet tall and some change?  Probably under 100 lbs?  That's still a huge difference from the average Sasquatch reports.

• Upvote 1

Bob Gymlan had a great video explaining how many creatures that came to the Americas across the Bering Ice bridge and Straight developed vigilantism when they arrived and became the megafauna here.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Bob Gymlan had a great video explaining how many creatures that came to the Americas across the Bering Ice bridge and Straight developed vigilantism when they arrived and became the megafauna here.

Vigilantism?

Like Charles Bronson in Death Wish?

death_wish_header.jpg

• Haha 2

I think like phone app spell correction, vigilantism maybe should have been gigantism? Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket I mean gigantism does seem to be a better fit.

Edited by hiflier

On 5/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, Madison5716 said:

OMG, I effing hate autocorrect. 

Gigantism. Big ass creatures. Fixed it. 😂

Thank you for making me laugh @hiflier and @BlackRockBigfoot

Edited by Madison5716
  • Haha 4

On 5/25/2020 at 10:16 PM, Madison5716 said:

OMG, I effing hate autocorrect. 

Gigantism. Big ass creatures. Fixed it. 😂

Thank you for making me laugh @hiflier and @BlackRockBigfoot

I was picturing a Bigfoot with a .44 Smith and Wesson sayin “Go ahead punk.....make my day!”

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, norseman said:

I was picturing a Bigfoot with a .44 Smith and Wesson sayin “Go ahead punk.....make my day!”

Um...Norseman? According to Madison that maybe should be big-ass Bigfoot? ;) And it would probably go down more like: "Go ahead pink, make my life!"

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

On 5/28/2020 at 12:36 AM, norseman said:

261b449626b1a946f088977ac8caa11d.jpeg

• Haha 1

Boy, those really high-forehead costumes sure seem popular. I guess they must be so the wearers don't get shot? The guns are a nice tough. Squatchbo?

Edited by hiflier

• 5 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, WSA said:

We talk here a lot about how the enigma of the Squatch morphology and behavior  lends itself to all kinds of speculation and (sometimes) dubious theories. I've proposed my share of those, and enjoy painting on this blank canvas as much as the next guy. With all due respect to Dr. Meldrum though,  my reaction to this theory is pretty much a shrug.  I mean, can you not cherry pick any characteristic of BF and draw conclusions about it being an ape, a hominid, an ape-hominid, a giant lemur, just about anything you'd care to propose? It might be some or none of those, for all we are able to say.   That Patty has a passing similarity to an extinct precursor of H. sapiens (which they MIGHT be)  is not much of a revelation, any more than saying a modern human has some similarities to a chimpanzee.   After all, when your data set includes the criteria: Mammal, bipedal, binocular vision, opposable thumbs....the similarities are as plentiful as the differences. That this somehow moves the needle towards proof that Patty was an ape, and not a human? Not so much, for me. 

That pretty much says it all!

On 11/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, SackScratch said:

There's a Bigfoot Lecture on the "Sasquatch Science" Bigfoot Lecture DVD that has Meldrum, Green, Bindernagel and Gordon Strasenburgh lectures. Strasenburgh thinks Bigfoot is the Robustus (paranthropus) species. 

In the Strasenburgh lecture he claims that the Giganto is a descendant of the Robustus and was in competition with other species. There's no descendant bones. In the various Paranthropus species, both males and females had sagittal crests which was more for their massive jaws and teeth rather than physical size. He compares the head structure of the creature on the Patterson Film with the estimated head of the Robustus. Lots of bones out there waiting to be found.  

I only recently learned that Gordon Strasenburgh passed away in 2018. His excellent old school article from 1977: Perceptions and Images of the Wildman is worth a read.

Edited by Arvedis

• 4 weeks later...

Dr. Meldrm, who once thought sasquatch was most likely Giganthecus blacki, has changed his opinion and thinks its most likely a branch of Australopithicene, the species just before Homo, because the Laitoli footprints, left in volcanic ash a few million year ago, shows a similar morphology to sasquatch prints with the midtarsal break.  He also believes that species walked with knees bent in a compliant gait like sasquatches.  

• Upvote 1