Missing 411

OhioSquatch

BFF Patron

^^^^Precisely.       Paulides examines cases based on his experience as a police detective then gives his opinion.  He cannot know what really happened in any of the cases  unless he was involved in the disappearance.         If you don't buy him or his opinion don't buy the book.   I have not bought any of his books, not because of belief or rejection his opinion,   I just don't want something that makes me worry more about disappearing.    BF I have had contact with have not liked me around a couple of times.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

I found a movie that deals with the 1600 missing people in our forests

it doesnt mention M411 though

its called she walks the woods

looks good

its the first horror movie about the missing 411 monster (that I know of )

5 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

looks good

Manbearpig

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

looks good

I think that I just saw this on Amazon.

Have you watched it?  The trailer came across super low budget, which in of itself doesn't preclude it from being a decent movie.  Big Legend had next to no budget, and I loved that movie.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

Manbearpig

Norse, what's a man bear pig? That says it all if you are a hunter, and want to fix dinner for your family and friends.

Some of Paulides reports are way more than 60 years old. It's not easy to make 411 connections if a cluster is spread over way too many years. What's the spread in some of the cases that you have read? We can expect some clusters since most people flock to the best trails and the most scenic areas of the park. 

9 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Norse, what's a man bear pig? That says it all if you are a hunter, and want to fix dinner for your family and friends.

Some of Paulides reports are way more than 60 years old. It's not easy to make 411 connections if a cluster is spread over way too many years. What's the spread in some of the cases that you have read? We can expect some clusters since most people flock to the best trails and the most scenic areas of the park. 

What's manbearpig?

b27647291dc1c855d859d65a5609c409--cereal

BFF Patron
20 minutes ago, georgerm said:

You will see clusters of accidental deaths.      We see that in the PNW on trails that have steep inclines, poor conditions,  and lots of people.     The upper Multnomah Falls trail in the Columbia RIver Gorge is notorious.     The Falls Trail in Yosemite is another that claims a lot of lives.   Year after year idiots prove Darwin was right.    Trail difficulty and conditions are a predicable indicator of accidents.        The ones that are interesting are disappearances on mundane trails with no definable hazards.      

49 minutes ago, georgerm said:

The monster in the horror movie Redhawk linked looks like a collection of parts. South Park has its own version that I just use universally.

Edited by norseman

42 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

You will see clusters of accidental deaths.      We see that in the PNW on trails that have steep inclines, poor conditions,  and lots of people.     The upper Multnomah Falls trail in the Columbia RIver Gorge is notorious.     The Falls Trail in Yosemite is another that claims a lot of lives.........

Note the common term "falls" in those trail names. That has a dual meaning: waterfalls, and people falls. I've never done the Multnomah Falls Trail, but I have all the Yosemite trails, in the early 1960's, and had a couple of near death experiences on them. One of those was (I believe) Misty Falls, where the mist from the falls maintained a slick moss on the large rocks of the extremely steep trail next to the deadly gorge. There is no possible way that "trail" is still open today without a waiting area for lawyers constructed at the base of the falls. 

BFF Patron

I have done the Falls Trail in Yosemite myself.    It is very slick.    We hiked up with backpacks,   spent the night in the upper campground, then climbed Half Dome.   Had a bear visit camp that night.     Commonly people wade in the stream above the falls, call in, and get swept over the falls.     Two or three a year.  

2 hours ago, georgerm said:

Norse, what's a man bear pig?

I assume he is referring to Ketchum's DNA results which seemed to combine segments of DNA from all 3 sources as if they came from one organism ... a chimera of sorts. 

Without .. hopefully .. beating a dead horse too much, those DNA results were a result of using inappropriate procedures for extracting the DNA .. too harsh so it broke the segments down too far for the "next gen" sequencer to correctly sequence, thus producing what seemed to be a hodge-podge of DNA from various critters.   Basically she degraded the DNA too far via her lab methods for the selected sequencer to correctly reconstruct it.

MIB

Edited by MIB

26 minutes ago, MIB said:

..........those DNA results were a result of using inappropriate procedures for extracting the DNA .. too harsh so it broke the segments down too far for the "next gen" sequencer to correctly sequence, thus producing what seemed to be a hodge-podge of DNA from various critters.   Basically she degraded the DNA too far via her lab methods for the selected sequencer to correctly reconstruct it........

Weren't the Sasquatch Genome Project dna work performed by several accredited labs and not by Dr. Ketchum?

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Weren't the Sasquatch Genome Project dna work performed by several accredited labs and not by Dr. Ketchum?

Supposedly.  According to some of the players involved, several labs and universities were involved until they found out that the study was related to Bigfoot. Then they backed out or demanded that their names not be used in connection with the study.

As usual, there are so many conflicting stories that it becomes difficult to discern truth from fiction.

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I would say "no."   Yes, other labs did some work.   We don't know how much.   We don't know how much Ketchum's lab did.    There were 109 samples tested, a few more that weren't tested.    I don't know if data that was not gathered by Ketchum herself ever made it into the scanty results we've seen since the labs reportedly distanced themselves from her.    We've been lead to assume a lot of things which might not be as solid as they seem.   At this point, I doubt EVERYTHING regarding the Ketchum project that I can't independently corroborate or can't read from the data myself.  

If 'n' when we ever do have some qualified scientist who is trustworthy, I would love to have them review, look at the data, look at the methods, and give a summary.   Everyone so far has an axe to grind though, either blindly supporting her or blindly tearing her down.    It would help if we actually had a type sample to compare to.  'til then, all is conjecture.    I guess that's what my agenda here is ... to keep this question a question, to convince people not to accept anything for the time being.   Everyone wants to believe this or that so badly that they can't seem to let a question remain unanswered even if they have to answer it wrong.

MIB