Missing 411

OhioSquatch

I think, regarding Paulides, that though he began investigating this as a bigfoot researcher fully expecting these to be bigfoot abductions, what he found has convinced him to distance himself from that original, expected conclusion.     If you've read all of the books, then you'll see it is pretty hard to attribute many, many of the cases to bigfoot.    There are a few that I think are, but well less than 10% of the total.   I suspect there are many causes.   Some look paranormal.   That makes me decidedly uncomfortable.   I don't truly believe in the paranormal but these cases SEEM to belong there and in a way, would be confirmation of things I do not want to think about, things I find more unsettling than bigfoot, even than the occasional bad bigfoot.    Some of the cases seem to require technology and others leave behind residual traces of drugs the victim was not a user of.

MIB

• Upvote 2

If something is flesh and blood, it can be defended against regardless of being outmatched physically.  If something is paranormal, how does one hope to protect oneself against it? 

When out alone in the backcountry, especially at night, it is not the thoughts of a stealthy sasquatch encircling my camp that can keep me sleepless. It is wondering how I could defend myself against something out there that is paranormal or not of this earth.  If that time ever comes, it's not my decision of whether I'm taken or left alone.

I'm fairly pragmatic, friend. Have never witnessed nor experienced the supernatural. I'm open to the concept of ghosts, believe they probably exist. Still, unseen by these 66-year old eyes.

Experienced definite telepathy a couple times in my life, and witnessed a Thunderbird as a youth. But a fairly mundane existence, since.

I'm not in a position to worry about haunts causing me harm. Natch, your mileage may vary.

Edited by Incorrigible1

BFF Patron

I have seen no evidence that BF is anything but a physical being.   If being close to one was deadly I would not be here.   Of course until DNA is accepted,   I would never rule out they are ET.   They just don't seem to fit what we know about human evolution,  which probably is not much.   

15 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

If something is flesh and blood, it can be defended against regardless of being outmatched physically.  If something is paranormal, how does one hope to protect oneself against it? 

When out alone in the backcountry, especially at night, it is not the thoughts of a stealthy sasquatch encircling my camp that can keep me sleepless. It is wondering how I could defend myself against something out there that is paranormal or not of this earth.  If that time ever comes, it's not my decision of whether I'm taken or left alone.

BFF Patron
13 hours ago, norseman said:

When I die I’m gonna become a ghost.....and haunt Bigfoot!

Now that would be something.    Especially if you found they are spirits and then you would not be able to tell all of us we are wasting our time looking for them. 

I don't know, I read his books, the only weird common denominator was finding bodies where they shouldn't  be with no evidence to suggest how it happened. The other people that were never found could have simply been abducted and taken somewhere else.  I've heard these stories before, but it seems like there would be ample evidence left behind if it was true, about an underground group that hunts other humans? 

Admin

I suppose until we "prove" what is and is not, most anything is possible...

5 hours ago, CallyCat said:

I don't know, I read his books, the only weird common denominator was finding bodies where they shouldn't  be with no evidence to suggest how it happened. The other people that were never found could have simply been abducted and taken somewhere else.  I've heard these stories before, but it seems like there would be ample evidence left behind if it was true, about an underground group that hunts other humans? 

What do you mean when you use the word "abducted"? Are you alluding to aliens or abducted by a human?

BFF Patron

While a big cat or bear makes a big mess killing prey,  because they tear up and eat the victim,   reports of bigfoot with deer and elk are disabling by breaking limbs and killing by breaking necks, then picking up the victim and hauling them off.    That leaves little or nothing to find in the way of blood if the BF does not leave tracks.    As I have mentioned the average hunter has a valuable gun and other gear that is easily to sell should a human criminal seek to take advantage of the woods to hide the body.      I have wondered if some hunters are accidentally shot by other hunters who choose to hide body rather than admit they misidentified their target.    Ones that do likely save themselves thousands in lawyers fees and the chance of being sued by the victims relatives.   There were two famous PNW serial killers that hid dozens of women victims bodies in the woods who were only found when the killers told the authorities where to find the bodies.   There are a lot of woods and finding a body in a shallow grave is very had to do without knowing where to look.    So there may be many reasons why people go missing in the woods.   

Admin

Yes, I think if you misidentify another hunter in the woods and kill them, then your chances of going to prison for a long time is pretty high. I suspect that somebody who would hide the body in the woods, are probably not going to take the time or make the effort to properly identify their target in the first place. But that would only account for a small percentage of missing hunters I would guess.

12 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

What do you mean when you use the word "abducted"? Are you alluding to aliens or abducted by a human?

Human trafficking and serial killers. 

My understanding is that Paulides only takes on a case when foul play, animal predation, and self-disappearance are not suspected by authorities.  I'm a member of SAR and when every square inch of an area has been searched and cross searched several times, there is a very high-level of confidence that the missing person is no longer there.  Having said that, there are also no signs that an abduction has taken place.

The most baffling one I know of is the Missing 411 case of Thomas Messick. Where is he? I have my own suspicion. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2019 at 10:54 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, it's that Dr J guy, but the distortion  that is filmed is similar to the cloaked figures earlier in this thread.

I saw something similar in the North Carolina mountains...or at least I think that I did. We were hiking during a storm and the rain had just stopped.  We had taken a moment to stop and adjust our gear when I glanced back down the trail we had just traveled. One sapling (only one) began to sway, as if something brushed against it.  When the water droplets that were collected on the leaves fell due to the motion, they didn't just fall directly to the ground.  They seemed to hit SOMETHING on the way down. Almost as if a piece of saran wrap was stretched through there and wasn't noticeable until it was hit by the droplets of water.  I stood there and stared at it for a minute or so, then walked down to that area.  

I couldn't find any traces of anything in that spot.  I never saw a cloaked figure depart that immediate area.  It could have very well been a trick of light...an errant wind that just moved that particular tree...it could have been any number of things.  But, it seemed extremely odd and I found it very unsettling.  If I had not been looking at that exact spot at that exact second I never would have noticed it. I don't believe that anything would have registered on my peripheral vision.  

However, at the end of the day, all I am left with is all that I saw.  One tree moving in the midst of many stationary ones, and the drops of water that SEEMED to hit some sort of distortion on their way to the ground.  Not enough to give me an idea of what may have caused it, or even if I merely misinterpreted a more mundane event into a more mysterious one.

For what it is worth, I don't believe that this cloaking (if that's what it is) is Sasquatch. I think that there is something else going on there... something that very well might be the cause of these strange disappearances.

An entity that was able to camouflage itself like that either through its natural abilities or through use of technology would be an apex predator, especially in a moderate to heavily wooded area.  

Its not cloaking its a bad photo. Dr J. being in the shot doesn't help perceptions.