The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

Wait...I can't keep up with the changes in bigfootery. I have a hard time believing Paulides or anyone would take the same position as MK Davis on any matters.

The how to hunt guy is still the "outsider."  He's just stoking trouble. I'm still of the opinion Paulides will not be forthcoming enough to take a stance on anything.

Wes is doing what any small business owner would do to retain paid subscriptions to his podcast. What does the majority of his listeners believe? That's what road Wes will take and he'll reverse it as soon as this issue is proven wrong our stops trending.

Edited by Arvedis

52 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Wait...I can't keep up with the changes in bigfootery. I have a hard time believing Paulides or anyone would take the same position as MK Davis on any matters.

The how to hunt guy is still the "outsider."  He's just stoking trouble. I'm still of the opinion Paulides will not be forthcoming enough to take a stance on anything.

Wes is doing what any small business owner would do to retain paid subscriptions to his podcast. What does the majority of his listeners believe? That's what road Wes will take and he'll reverse it as soon as this issue is proven wrong our stops trending.

There is a link earlier in this thread with an article entitled "Here We Go Again". Inside of it David Paulides is stirring up trouble over the supposed massacre. 

The guy in the video I posted said he is affiliated with Paulides' bigfoot research group and said the woman who told him the story was affiliated as well. 

Steve Isdahl was at a bigfoot conference a few months ago and was very chummy with Paulides. At the very least they're friends, but I got the feeling that they were research partners as well, or at least talk about the subject.

2 hours ago, Acolyte said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQhzAf3u85o 

I haven't seen this posted yet.Another guy supporting Isdahl's claims. It seems like all of the people in the Paulides circle believe this theory.

shots freaking fired by howtohunt and his group man.   steve has said repeatedly that they are coming after people that lie and slander and as you know he has done a couple of recent segments on the same thing as is in this video.  steve is a needle mover and has given other people the courage to come out with knowledge then have.   those emails in the video you put up date back to 2011 if i remember correctly.

i like howtohunt quite a bit.  all i can say though is he better be right about all the people he is taking swings at. 

3 hours ago, Acolyte said:

There is a link earlier in this thread with an article entitled "Here We Go Again". Inside of it David Paulides is stirring up trouble over the supposed massacre. 

The guy in the video I posted said he is affiliated with Paulides' bigfoot research group and said the woman who told him the story was affiliated as well. 

Steve Isdahl was at a bigfoot conference a few months ago and was very chummy with Paulides. At the very least they're friends, but I got the feeling that they were research partners as well, or at least talk about the subject.

Do you mean the Scott Carpenter vid? I can't find another link you posted in this thread. If so and we are talking about the Bobbie Short details, I'll pass.

This thread has progressed from Paulides finally taking a side in his own debate to siding with MK Davis in the span of a few hours. 

I can't see him ever saying there is truth to the Bluff Creek massacre hoax. There's nothing to it and a smart guy like Paulides would never put a confirmation out there unless he has lost his mind.

Edited by Arvedis

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

Do you mean the Scott Carpenter vid? I can't find another link you posted in this thread. If so and we are talking about the Bobbie Short details, I'll pass.

This thread has progressed from Paulides finally taking a side in his own debate to siding with MK Davis in the span of a few hours. 

I can't see him ever saying there is truth to the Bluff Creek massacre hoax. There's nothing to it and a smart guy like Paulides would never put a confirmation out there unless he has lost his mind.

I was referring to this 

http://thomassteenburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/The-massacre-at-Bluff-Creek.pdf

"Dave Paulides had said this to Al Hodgson … “I actually got my hands on a fairly old copy of the PG film, full framed with segments on it nobody has seen. It is in the experts hands and many of our impressions of what actually occurred is playing out. I actually believe that John Green and Gimlin are harboring a very, very dark secret, really.”

As usual David is a bit coy, but what else could the very dark secret be? especially since we know people who are involved with his research group believe the story of the massacre.

21 minutes ago, Acolyte said:

I was referring to this 

http://thomassteenburg.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/The-massacre-at-Bluff-Creek.pdf

"Dave Paulides had said this to Al Hodgson … “I actually got my hands on a fairly old copy of the PG film, full framed with segments on it nobody has seen. It is in the experts hands and many of our impressions of what actually occurred is playing out. I actually believe that John Green and Gimlin are harboring a very, very dark secret, really.”

As usual David is a bit coy, but what else could the very dark secret be? especially since we know people who are involved with his research group believe the story of the massacre.

Finally, something tangible to look at. It is true, Paulides confides in people privately and says things he does not realize will be republished. But... that paper is just a rabbit hole. I'll let others cast their own thoughts on this. I'm not buying into any massacre theories. It came from Thomas "stick with the facts" Steenburg's site so maybe he has a blog posting covering this.

Indeed I do. Bill Miller and myself with John Green put out 2 articles concerning this nonsense back in 2009 and again in 2012 when it came up again. If you go to my blog site, thomassteenburg.com scroll down and hit January 2019. read posts titled "Here we go again" parts 1 and 2. Also I talked about this whole issue last night on Steve Kulls show.

Thomas Steenburg

• Thanks 1

The guy who runs the Paranormal Intelligence Agency (don't let the name scare you off just yet) has an interesting write-up on the whole thing on his website.

https://www.paranormal-intelligence-agency.com/

The reason why I found it interesting?

The guy who runs the site, Jack Cary, was involved with Crypto 4 Corners along with J.C. Johnson.  Johnson and C4C were involved with the Ketchum DNA study along with Paulides and Carpenter.  He is quite complimentary when discussing Carpenter early in the article.  

However, he then does a pretty decent job in dissecting the BCM story and pointing out some very obvious holes in what passes for the  logic behind it.  I find it interesting because this article has been written by someone who seems to have a great deal of respect for Carpenter at least...and even he finds the BCM story to be an inconsistent hit piece that falls apart under the slightest bit of scrutiny.

7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The guy who runs the Paranormal Intelligence Agency (don't let the name scare you off just yet) has an interesting write-up on the whole thing on his website.

https://www.paranormal-intelligence-agency.com/

The reason why I found it interesting?

The guy who runs the site, Jack Cary, was involved with Crypto 4 Corners along with J.C. Johnson.  Johnson and C4C were involved with the Ketchum DNA study along with Paulides and Carpenter.  He is quite complimentary when discussing Carpenter early in the article.  

However, he then does a pretty decent job in dissecting the BCM story and pointing out some very obvious holes in what passes for the  logic behind it.  I find it interesting because this article has been written by someone who seems to have a great deal of respect for Carpenter at least...and even he finds the BCM story to be an inconsistent hit piece that falls apart under the slightest bit of scrutiny.

Objectivity seems a rare thing in the BF Field.  Pretty sad when you consider how little we actually know of them.   

19 hours ago, trapper said:

i like howtohunt quite a bit.  all i can say though is he better be right about all the people he is taking swings at. 

Why? Sadly, it's just the internet and blow-hards will take swings when-ever and where-ever they want. He's just one more little fish in a big pond. He can pontificate all he wants and the world will just go right on being fine. There's really nothing that significant about this guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GuyInIndiana said:

Why? Sadly, it's just the internet and blow-hards will take swings when-ever and where-ever they want. He's just one more little fish in a big pond. He can pontificate all he wants and the world will just go right on being fine. There's really nothing that significant about this guy.

The argument could be made that he is now a medium sized fish in a big pond, if we are looking at the size of the other fish in this Bigfoot pond.

His popularity and social media engagement is quite surprising.

6 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

His popularity and social media engagement is quite surprising.

How to hunt guy is trending right now but according to viewing stats, is already starting to fade.  Bigfootery rotates dramatic themes to discuss so we should be out of this one soon. My only surprise is how anyone can watch boring monologue videos. 

Just now, Arvedis said:

How to hunt guy is trending right now but according to viewing stats, is already starting to fade.  Bigfootery rotates dramatic themes to discuss so we should be out of this one soon. My only surprise is how anyone can watch boring monologue videos. 

I honestly haven't looked at any viewing stats.

Is it a sharp decline or a gradual decrease?

It is sad to say that this whole episode about M.K.Davis  and the bluff creek would be the main thing that would push t " How To hunt "  Down. I mean that this would be his demise so to speak.  But Not just that it took down a lot of others who could have been well respected. Yet, wit no actual proof nothing can be said. I remember this M.K. Davis thing back in the day when He did have a video up on how it showed blood  on the ground where this killing all took placed. But it was all debunked and was what brought down M.K. Davis down from his throne. Now it might be the same with " How to Hunt " and the rest . It seems like Bigfooting seems to be curse to whom ever seeks them out. Distancing might be the first sign of things to come when things are not right with in a group. 

12 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I honestly haven't looked at any viewing stats.

Is it a sharp decline or a gradual decrease?

He has modest YT stats. I think FB newbie traffic and likes, shares can be overblown. It's just noise. We don't have visibility into discussions on blogs and podcasts but a general peek at those sites also shows low subscriber numbers.

Seems like there used to be more decent BF podcasts out there. My short list had dwindled lately.