The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

If Steve is going down a path that is make believe then he is truly naïve on the info that he is pushing. 

We are on page 32 discussing this guy, ppl here have viewed his videos to see what he’s all about, good or bad.   As Norse pointed out, even bad publicity is good publicity.   His tactics work as far as monetizing his YouTube channel.   

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Twist said:

..........His tactics work as far as monetizing his YouTube channel.   

Indeed. Like every other technological blessing of the past, people will screw it up for personal, political, or ideological gain.

I'm not fully versed in YouTube money making. I simply haven't been interested. I suppose I have to figure it out just so I understand more about the scammers..........

33 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Indeed. Like every other technological blessing of the past, people will screw it up for personal, political, or ideological gain.

I'm not fully versed in YouTube money making. I simply haven't been interested. I suppose I have to figure it out just so I understand more about the scammers..........

After initially having some interest, I stopped paying attention to his channel.  However, a quick glance at his channel shows him with 121,000 subscribers.  Some of his videos get over 100,000 views.  

Two things stand out to me:

1) I don't know what YouTube monetization is like, but he has to be pulling in some coin off of these videos.

2) There is a surprisingly large segment of the Bigfoot interested population who seem to find his message appealing.  

I think his message of standing up for the “ridiculed” appeals to people who don’t feel comfortable addressing the topic.  He’s kind of their “people’s champion”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Twist said:

I think his message of standing up for the “ridiculed” appeals to people who don’t feel comfortable addressing the topic.  He’s kind of their “people’s champion”

He does have kind of a WWE kind of vibe to him.

^^^^ The ironic thing, in the context of the picture above, is the Liberty Bell is relatively little thing.   The body of the bell is only 3 feet tall.  Overall seems like it's around 4 feet high.    I walked by it a couple times befor I realized what I was looking at.

On 4/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

After initially having some interest, I stopped paying attention to his channel.  However, a quick glance at his channel shows him with 121,000 subscribers.  Some of his videos get over 100,000 views.  

Two things stand out to me:

1) I don't know what YouTube monetization is like, but he has to be pulling in some coin off of these videos.

2) There is a surprisingly large segment of the Bigfoot interested population who seem to find his message appealing.  

For 100,000 views he might get upwards to $2,000 if people let the ads run during the video instead of closing the ads. And that is all dependent on the ads shown during the video. Those ads have to stay up and running for a certain amount of time to be counted as a view. A view of the ad, not the video itself. He makes nothing just on people watching the videos. But as I've done for years, I just click and close the ad before it has time to count as a payment to someone. And then they get nothing from my view of their video. You have upwards to around six seconds before it counts as revenue. Youtube has made it pretty hard in the last few years to make a lot of money unless you have upwards to half a million or more subscribers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/15/2020 at 9:25 PM, 7.62 said:

Can some one explain to me what he was hinting on with the Patterson Gimlin film ? 

Was he implying that they had shot one of them and there''s a film of the body?

He talks in riddles 

GO TO www.thomassteenburg.Com and search "here we go again" and "here we go again part 2" for some perspective on those claims

On 4/15/2020 at 1:28 PM, Explorer said:

Steve Isdahl is demonstrating the Dunning-Kruger effect very well.

He does not know much in the field (the science, the researchers, the history, etc.) and is making statements and drawing conclusions without much evidence.

Just because one had an encounter, does not make one an expert. 

Just because he is an expert big game hunter does not make him a BF expert.

He claims that he is not a BF research expert and is just reading emails.

But, the minute he starts drawing lines on the sand on who/what is the truth and who/what is a liar, is when he is pushing the scales with his "expert" opinion.

It is sad to see him go down the conspiracy route - where everything is possible and nothing can be proven.

That is what happens when you don't have the wisdom to discern the possible/probable from the impossible/improbable.

Dunning-Kruger Effect.png

He has been researching for at least ten years. I had conversations with him on the subject 8 or 10 years ago

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2020 at 7:50 AM, Huntster said:

Thanks, Bobby. I watched the video to make sure that he wasn't reading that from an email he had received. Nope. Those are his words.

I also never met John Green, but I'm pretty confident in who he was and what he was made of.

I now believe I know who Isdahl is and what he's made of...........

I only met John Green a couple of times and he was very nice and down to earth. I am good friends with a couple of long time friends of John and their opinion of him is quite high and I absolutely trust their opinion

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, Huntster said:

He's sure long winded. He's like a super talkative Clayton Mack, but with the Canadian accent instead of the Native American accent. Maybe I'm ADD, but I can't sit and watch somebody talk very long anymore.

Yes, this guy should only be for bored viewers who need help taking a nap.

As for monetization, if you are getting 100k  a week, that is good return. 100k overall is not significant. If his goal is just to talk, which would be my guess, then it is a hobby. If his goal is monetization and people actually sit through it 😪💤 then he has work to do.

Edited by Arvedis

5 hours ago, Arvedis said:

..........As for monetization, if you are getting 100k  a week, that is good return. 100k overall is not significant.......

$100K?! 

Do you really think he's made that much, even cumulatively?

32 minutes ago, Huntster said:

$100K?! 

Do you really think he's made that much, even cumulatively?

The poster above said that for a 100,000 views he might get $2000 if people let the ads run all the way through.

Most people won't, so let's just say $500 a video?  He's releasing what, a video a day?  Let's just say 4 a week.  So, maybe $2,000 a week?  For 15 or 20 minutes of painfully reading aloud some emails, saying the words 'honest' and 'hardworking' repeatedly, and spewing insults?  Not a bad day's work.

It's surprising how much support he has received.  Pretty much every wannabe Bigfoot celebrity is out for his blood, however their videos are getting a couple of hundred views if that.  Isdahl and Paulides are getting in the hundreds of thousands of views on each video.  And they are releasing a ton of videos.

I think it just goes to show how elitist and unlikeable most of the public figures in the Bigfoot community really are.  It appears that an extremely large number of people who are interested in this field have just been waiting for someone to come along and let these pseudo-celebrities have it with both barrels, regardless of the message. 

• Thanks 1

my bad, meant 100k HITS per week, not cash. That is high end traffic and can't see a BF video ever doing that well unless it was a great hoax or the real deal.  

What you actually make per view varies. It is not a straightforward formula despite whatever is said.  People come up with all kinds of math. Unless you can see the payout, it is likely a false guess. The more views a vid gets though, increases the chances of a good payout. So you need in the 100k hits range to balance out the drops and people blocking ads, etc which is the majority.  My speculation is a windbag like the guy talked about in this thread gets minimal plays all the way through (or even 50%).  If the vid is skipped through, that too impacts the payout formula.

Edited by Arvedis