Jump to content

The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary


Recommended Posts

I hope he doesn't but if he drags in the one to prove it, respect given.

Edited by zeebob889
Reposted first one was duplicate because browser locked up
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot

It has been interesting to see how Isdahl has been received by "prominent figures" in the Bigfoot community.

 

Some people; like David Paulides and Scott Carpenter...seem to see him as a breath of fresh air.Screenshot_20191225-212444.thumb.png.989f5e470de0eeac36021cd8da5797d5.png

 

Others....not so much.

 

The blog linked in the image above has been deleted, but given the "how NOT to hunt" tagline, as well as the fact that it has been deleted gives me the impression that it was not favorable to Isdahl.

 

 

 

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
Link to post
Share on other sites
spacemonkeymafia

Bigfootery is plagued by huge egos. I'm sure Steve is pretty sure of himself and remember he doesn't mind giving his opinion of researchers. 

There's a lot of thin skin in this field.

Somebody's always gonna be xXxX hurt.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It has been interesting to see how Isdahl has been received by "prominent figures" in the Bigfoot community.

 

Some people; like David Paulides and Scott Carpenter...seem to see him as a breath of fresh air.Screenshot_20191225-212444.thumb.png.989f5e470de0eeac36021cd8da5797d5.png

 

Others....not so much.

 

The blog linked in the image above has been deleted, but given the "how NOT to hunt" tagline, as well as the fact that it has been deleted gives me the impression that it was not favorable to Isdahl.

 

 

 

 

 

Confirmed, went looking and couldn't find that entry. Wonder why he took it down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think that one bona fide for a would-be Bigfoot hunter is to have hunted and killed a top predator at some point. If there is a parallel species in N. America it would be the grizzly. IF he wanted to step up to try and bring in the type specimen, he has this qualifications. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WSA said:

I would think that one bona fide for a would-be Bigfoot hunter is to have hunted and killed a top predator at some point. If there is a parallel species in N. America it would be the grizzly. IF he wanted to step up to try and bring in the type specimen, he has this qualifications. 

 

 

Go big or go home!

Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn

I do not think that he is looking to kill one of these creatures . He is putting the word out about the truth of the creature and this is the reason for his videos. I happen to agree with him. It is not about the fame nor is it about going around to conferences and talking about who is right about how much ones knows about these creatures. It is about getting the truth out and sharing it. It does not matter whether you believe him or not. He has been out there and has encountered them and has even placed the bead on one . Yet, has found the truth and is now sharing it with others.  He has done things that others might have never done in their life time.  So he knows what he is talking about.  We'll find few people like him in this world willing to share what he is doing. Bravo Zulu 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

I do not think that he is looking to kill one of these creatures . He is putting the word out about the truth of the creature and this is the reason for his videos. I happen to agree with him. It is not about the fame nor is it about going around to conferences and talking about who is right about how much ones knows about these creatures. It is about getting the truth out and sharing it. It does not matter whether you believe him or not. He has been out there and has encountered them and has even placed the bead on one . Yet, has found the truth and is now sharing it with others.  He has done things that others might have never done in their life time.  So he knows what he is talking about.  We'll find few people like him in this world willing to share what he is doing. Bravo Zulu 

 

 

i get a similar impression, he sees himself as an outsider to the Community and is speaking for the witnesses. Time will tell.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 5:16 PM, ShadowBorn said:

I do not think that he is looking to kill one of these creatures . He is putting the word out about the truth of the creature and this is the reason for his videos. I happen to agree with him. It is not about the fame nor is it about going around to conferences and talking about who is right about how much ones knows about these creatures. It is about getting the truth out and sharing it. It does not matter whether you believe him or not. He has been out there and has encountered them and has even placed the bead on one . Yet, has found the truth and is now sharing it with others.  He has done things that others might have never done in their life time.  So he knows what he is talking about.  We'll find few people like him in this world willing to share what he is doing. Bravo Zulu 

 

On 12/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, spacemonkeymafia said:

Bigfootery is plagued by huge egos. I'm sure Steve is pretty sure of himself and remember he doesn't mind giving his opinion of researchers. 

There's a lot of thin skin in this field.

Somebody's always gonna be xXxX hurt.

 

 

Great points and others in this thread.  The problem is MANY YouTube videos of all stripes are long winded, not just the BF ones. I can't watch those.  Seems like people think what they have to say is really important but they don't know how to edit their stuff properly. Just get to the point.

 

People do get damaged by BF but it is a taboo subject. Are people going to tell a medical doctor or mental health professional about an experience they are damaged by? The only source of support is the BF community which turns inward on itself as a matter of course.  There are solid ties of friendship in the community but it is cliquey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
okieman

I seem to remember him saying that he didn't intend to shoot one.  One thing he also said is that he doesn't think they're animals, that their intelligence level makes him believe they're some sort of relic hominid. In the research area I've been in over the last 10 years or so we've had numerous experiences with these creatures and we've seen nothing which would lead us to believe these are nothing but animals. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
14 hours ago, okieman said:

.......In the research area I've been in over the last 10 years or so we've had numerous experiences with these creatures and we've seen nothing which would lead us to believe these are nothing but animals. 

 

To what do you credit their absolutely amazing ability to remain "undiscovered"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
MIB
38 minutes ago, Huntster said:

To what do you credit their absolutely amazing ability to remain "undiscovered"?

 

I know you're asking him, but I'm going to throw my answer in the hat: "illusory superiority".     People are incapable of grasping their own incompetence, especially in the woods.    Remember that half the people have to be below average in competence, that's what average means.    We have a whole lot of bottom 20%-ers who cannot comprehend that they are anything less than to 10%-ers.    (Dunning Kruger Effect)    When you put those functional morons up against the absolute master of the woods, failure is necessary, yet incomprehensible.   

 

MIB

Link to post
Share on other sites
vinchyfoot
18 hours ago, okieman said:

I seem to remember him saying that he didn't intend to shoot one.  One thing he also said is that he doesn't think they're animals, that their intelligence level makes him believe they're some sort of relic hominid. In the research area I've been in over the last 10 years or so we've had numerous experiences with these creatures and we've seen nothing which would lead us to believe these are nothing but animals. 

 

They're likely more than animals. Other great apes have all been discovered in areas much more remote, they haven't. They are smarter.

2 hours ago, MIB said:

 

I know you're asking him, but I'm going to throw my answer in the hat: "illusory superiority".     People are incapable of grasping their own incompetence, especially in the woods.    Remember that half the people have to be below average in competence, that's what average means.    We have a whole lot of bottom 20%-ers who cannot comprehend that they are anything less than to 10%-ers.    (Dunning Kruger Effect)    When you put those functional morons up against the absolute master of the woods, failure is necessary, yet incomprehensible.   

 

MIB

 

Apes living in the wilderness in Africa, etc, have been discovered. Sasquatch hasn't in our own backyard. They're smarter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...