Jump to content

The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary


Recommended Posts

MIB
10 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Woo, that’s right up there with UFOs being able to disrupt car engines and radio reception. Especially bothersome that most websites filter out that information. Would that apply to BFRO reports too? (I bet I know the answer.)^_^

 

It's not surprising that the info is suppressed.   Bigfooters have been ridiculed by academia for a long time.    In order to repair reputation, recover perceived lost respect, the community goes out of its way to avoid whatever they guess academia will not touch.    Avoiding noticing the woo is just part of that agenda.   Probably rightly so.    It doesn't do the witnesses any good, though.   It will be interesting, when academia does someday accept existence of bigfoot and begin studying in earnest, how they're going to deal with the woo they run into.    My guess is most of the apparent woo is pretty normal stuff, misinterpreted, because we insist on looking the wrong places for answers.   Some is just plain creepy though and I don't have a good explanation.   There has to be some reason it appears so frequently and with such consistency .. delusion and attention seeking fail as explanations in that context.  

 

MIB

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot

Steve's recent postings along with some of the comments that he has made in his videos should paint a pretty clear picture of what he believes these things are...   

 

 

Screenshot_20200103-100712.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
georgerm

Hello BlackRockBigfoot, can you give a summary of what Steve thinks bigfoots are?

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
7 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Hello BlackRockBigfoot, can you give a summary of what Steve thinks bigfoots are?

Well, he hasn't come right out and said "Hello, my name is Steve Isdahl and I believe Sasquatch to be __________".

 

However, given the fact that he is aligning himself with Scott Carpenter...it would be very safe to say that he believes that Sasquatch is a hybrid being that abilities that we would call paranormal.  

 

This is not the first time that he has posted about Scott's books.  He is also a big fan of David Paulides' work with Missing 411.  And he has made comments in the past in some of his videos concerning the strange nature of these things.  Add to that his open disdain for Moneymaker and Meldrum for their pushing the undiscovered ape theory...

 

I think that it is pretty safe to say that he doesn't believe that these are undiscovered apes running around the woods.  

1 hour ago, MIB said:

 

It's not surprising that the info is suppressed.   Bigfooters have been ridiculed by academia for a long time.    In order to repair reputation, recover perceived lost respect, the community goes out of its way to avoid whatever they guess academia will not touch.    Avoiding noticing the woo is just part of that agenda.   Probably rightly so.    It doesn't do the witnesses any good, though.   It will be interesting, when academia does someday accept existence of bigfoot and begin studying in earnest, how they're going to deal with the woo they run into.    My guess is most of the apparent woo is pretty normal stuff, misinterpreted, because we insist on looking the wrong places for answers.   Some is just plain creepy though and I don't have a good explanation.   There has to be some reason it appears so frequently and with such consistency .. delusion and attention seeking fail as explanations in that context.  

 

MIB

I have often felt that part of the Bigfoot world is so desperate for the slightest hint of approval from the mainstream scientific community that they ignore things that don't fit neatly into the undiscovered ape or remnant primate boxes...even if that means ignoring consistent accounts and evidence.  

 

NAWACS talks openly about self illuminating eyes...does that sound like a species of normal ape that just hasn't been found yet?  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo
17 hours ago, 7.62 said:

What about an uncanny ability to avoid trail cameras . There is no other animal other than human on the planet that does that .I've read the  theories on plastic smells , electronic  noise the camera might make but no one what the answer is. It's like they know what this thing does and why it was strapped to a tree. I agree they are animals ..but what type,,

 

Animals can sense the presence of electronic devices. Humans have become numbed to the EMF that bombards us. Simple critters like ants and spiders love trail cameras. More advanced animals see them, hear them and smell them. The below link is old but is a good read. It is free. I think that it has been posted on the BFF 2 or 3 times:

 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212972/

 

I do not agree with everything that is in the report.

Don't use up all of your foils because EMF is projected out of the aperatures for PIR, lens and flash and blows through some shielding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MIB

Regarding trail cameras, one way around some of the problems is to use timed rather than triggered cameras.   Daytime-only, thus passive, nothing to see.   Originally I used the 2x lenses provided by DaySix, the makers of the Plotwatcher Pro cameras I use, but those lenses have been discontinued.   I found that I can use any lens made for a home video camera that uses a 17mm thread.   I still use the 2x lenses some but my favorite spot is a bit farther and I use a 3.8x lens there.    It is enough to get a pretty good look at who / what is in the lake I'm interested in from a hidden spot high on the far shoreline.

 

MIB

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Catmandoo

^^^^^ On the third rock from the sun, we have the 'law of the inverse square'.  Light, sound and evil EMF dissipates  with distance from the source.  Dissipation distances vary with the nature of the emission.  Using telephoto lenses can be an aid.  Flash lighting over distances is difficult.  Atmospheric conditions can wreak havoc with a telephoto set up. A 'long range' approach is worth considering  if the interference ( terrain / vegetation ) is low. I have 1 camera set up for focus at 150 feet.  Aiming takes patience.

Edited by Catmandoo
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
okieman
23 hours ago, NatFoot said:

 

How do you explain that?

 

IMVHO, what you explained points to something more human than just animal.

 

And if that's true, how and why did they get so big? Smaller would make more sense than huge.

I have no idea how they've become so large. Maybe they're descendants of G. Blacki and they're this big naturally. I'd say the largest we've seen is about 8' and 600 lbs. Although highly intelligent we've not seen any evidence of a higher intelligence of say tool making or anything else similar to give any indication that we're dealing with anything other than a highly intelligent animal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
5 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

 

Animals can sense the presence of electronic devices. Humans have become numbed to the EMF that bombards us. Simple critters like ants and spiders love trail cameras. More advanced animals see them, hear them and smell them. The below link is old but is a good read. It is free. I think that it has been posted on the BFF 2 or 3 times:

 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212972/

 

I do not agree with everything that is in the report.

Don't use up all of your foils because EMF is projected out of the aperatures for PIR, lens and flash and blows through some shielding.

I am aware of that but all these animals that can sense these get captured on trail cameras all the time .

Yet Bigfoot like I said has an uncanny ability to avoid being captured on a trail cam. That to me shows that it's much more than just a wild animal when I responded to the member who said they are just wild animals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
okieman
23 hours ago, 7.62 said:

What about an uncanny ability to avoid trail cameras . There is no other animal other than human on the planet that does that .I've read the  theories on plastic smells , electronic  noise the camera might make but no one what the answer is. It's like they know what this thing does and why it was strapped to a tree. I agree they are animals ..but what type,,

One thing that we've noticed is that these creatures are keenly aware of cameras that have IR. They can see the IR in the cameras and any cameras we put out now we disable the IR capability. At one time we purchased a 9 camera security system with monitor and installed the cameras on a cabin we were using. Whenever we had the system on at night after we hit the rack we had zero activity. When we left the security system off at night we had activity including the apes coming up to the cabin and slapping the cabin, hearing footfalls, throwing rocks at the cabin, coming in close enough to hear them huffing etc. It was like night and day difference. As some may have mentioned the apes may have been watching when the cameras were put up even. We also wondered if the cameras made noise that only the apes could hear but we sent some off to a university for testing which revealed no discernable noises. We also found that game cameras did not work near as well as one would expect as we had on several occasions (bear if I remember correctly) walk in camp close to our cameras and the 2 cameras we had did not fire.

Edited by okieman
added more information
Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
3 minutes ago, okieman said:

One thing that we've noticed is that these creatures are keenly aware of cameras that have IR. They can see the IR in the cameras and any cameras we put out now we disable the IR capability. At one time we purchased a 9 camera security system with monitor and installed the cameras on a cabin we were using. Whenever we had the system on at night after we hit the rack we had zero activity. When we left the security system off at night we had activity including the apes coming up to the cabin and slapping the cabin, hearing footfalls, throwing rocks at the cabin, coming in close enough to hear them huffing etc. It was like night and day difference. As some may have mentioned the apes may have been watching when the cameras were put up even. We also wondered if the cameras made noise that only the apes could hear but we sent some off to a university for testing which revealed no discernable noises.

I won't disagree with that but that should tell you that they understand and can reason it out that it is some kind of detection device 

being set up to capture them . Other animals frankly really can't comprehend that. Even the coyote study is a hit and miss to me anyways.

 

I have captured the same coyotes on trail cameras time and time again. Now if you set some traps and they see one of their own get captured they are very smart in that regard but they can't comprehend photos of them being taken . I think there's a lot more to this creature and a whole lot we still don't understand about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
okieman
17 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I won't disagree with that but that should tell you that they understand and can reason it out that it is some kind of detection device 

being set up to capture them . Other animals frankly really can't comprehend that. Even the coyote study is a hit and miss to me anyways.

 

I have captured the same coyotes on trail cameras time and time again. Now if you set some traps and they see one of their own get captured they are very smart in that regard but they can't comprehend photos of them being taken . I think there's a lot more to this creature and a whole lot we still don't understand about it.

Yep, it's a mind boggling thing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
On 1/3/2020 at 8:48 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Well, he hasn't come right out and said "Hello, my name is Steve Isdahl and I believe Sasquatch to be __________".

 

However, given the fact that he is aligning himself with Scott Carpenter...it would be very safe to say that he believes that Sasquatch is a hybrid being that abilities that we would call paranormal.  

 

This is not the first time that he has posted about Scott's books.  He is also a big fan of David Paulides' work with Missing 411.  And he has made comments in the past in some of his videos concerning the strange nature of these things.  Add to that his open disdain for Moneymaker and Meldrum for their pushing the undiscovered ape theory...

 

I think that it is pretty safe to say that he doesn't believe that these are undiscovered apes running around the woods.  

I have often felt that part of the Bigfoot world is so desperate for the slightest hint of approval from the mainstream scientific community that they ignore things that don't fit neatly into the undiscovered ape or remnant primate boxes...even if that means ignoring consistent accounts and evidence.  

 

NAWACS talks openly about self illuminating eyes...does that sound like a species of normal ape that just hasn't been found yet?  


*Slaps forehead*

Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team

I recently listened to a recording of the December Radio show with him in it (3 hours worth) and am pretty sure he said he thinks they're human female mixed with unidentified something, or words to that effect anyway.

 

I do drift off on many radio shows, especially Sasquatch ones and especially when they're 3 hours long, but that's what he said.

 

There's more questions than answers where that's concerned though of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team
On 1/4/2020 at 10:03 PM, norseman said:


*Slaps forehead*

 

Joins a pretty long line of people that simply can't get the answers they want as to what this thing actually is and turn that way huh ?

 

He's definitely not alone there, I've read about more and more over the years that go on to think this way.

 

Who am I to argue or disagree but I must admit it doesn't surprise me as it's human instinct to conclude extreme reasoning when we can't work out something, and boy are we no closer to working out this subject.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...