Is this a practical sidearm in case of an up close Bigfoot encounter?

langfordbc

I've held the Desert Eagle L5 but never shot it.  One of the advantages it has over a wheelgun is it holds 8 rounds vs 6.  Not sure if they make an extended mag for it. Put a red dot on it and you're ready to have a fun time. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

Yeah, no thank you.

Carried my G19 today on an outing into the woods...

IMG_20201111_150800942_HDR (1).jpg

What if your jumped by T Rex?

19 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

It was too cold for them to be out.

Oh no! Now we know they were just big bird! 😉

F24B10DD-2980-49E8-A295-F3B350550234.jpeg

BFF Patron

Anyone want to wager how long this weapon is available under a Biden administration?     

Just ordered this today...

Glock Gen 5 G23.  Difficult to find out here and prices online are crazy.  Had to order it from a shop in SC and still paid a few bucks over MSRP.

pix677717458.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new G23. I'm surprised it could be ordered. Dealers in my area throw up their hands and say they get what is allotted to them and that's all they can get.  Glocks are snapped up quickly.

You'll like that caliber especially if you reload.  I find spent .40 caliber cases at the range all the time. Free brass. Even though 9mm ammo itself is as difficult to find as teeth on a hen, spent 9mm cases are available everywhere.

I've got four other pistols in .40 S&W, including a G35 I used in GSSF competition.  I reloaded all of my match ammo and just ordered another 500 Speer Gold Dots in 200gr to develop some loads for woods carry.  I usually favor the Hornady 180gr XTPs for my .40 S&W and 10mms, but those are non-existent these days.

The downside of using calibers such as the .460 Rowland is that one doesn't find them on a shelf anywhere that I've seen, the upside is they are always available online.

I've had "notify me" from midway for a slew of different things outside of 460, always gone by the time I read the email. Wish we'd just get this revolution/civil war/endtimes---whatever everyone is preparing for---over with so I can just go on buying ammo when I wants it.

The main ammunition manufacturer (Vista Outdoors) says that they are currently 1 year behind on filling orders.  

Might be awhile before those shelves are full again.

I just got a call from Alaska from my favorite local gun dealer. I had placed an order with them for 200 brass cases in 300 WinMag back in August. They have arrived and are waiting for me. These folks have been pretty good at finding supplies. When I get home, I'll place some powder orders and see how that works out.......

14 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

Just ordered this today...

Glock Gen 5 G23.  Difficult to find out here and prices online are crazy.  Had to order it from a shop in SC and still paid a few bucks over MSRP.

pix677717458.jpg

Those Gen 5s are great.

7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Those Gen 5s are great.

Well they sure haven't gotten any prettier:) I jest, one would be hard pressed to go wrong with Glock, even though it may fall short, to some, in the fondling department. Best of luck with it PNWexplorer, I'm sure it'll serve well.