AreaX

norseman

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, norseman said:

The data doesn’t support a bird. Nor being dropped by the host animal and being picked up again and again.

Again I suggest reading the paper. It’s far from conclusive that it was a Bigfoot. But I don’t think it was a bird or a squirrel, or both.

I have read the paper and its not worth the paper its printed on, its just a sciency sounding story, but it is well written and they have always done a great job of documenting the failures to prove anything they claim is happening. There's no doubt in my mind a bird either flew into the trap or it was on the ground and a bird picked it up.

If they do implement this in the future, just put a game cam on the trap and they will save themselves a ton of time or make a great stride in moving the ball forward. 

Edited by Foxhill
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, Foxhill said:

I have read the paper and its not worth the paper its printed on, its just a sciency sounding story, but it is well written and they have always done a great job of documenting the failures to prove anything they claim is happening. There's no doubt in my mind a bird either flew into the trap or it was on the ground and a bird picked it up.

If they do implement this in the future, just put a game cam on the trap and they will save themselves a ton of time or make a great stride in moving the ball forward. 

A sciency sounding story? That terminology sounds rather JREFery......

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, norseman said:

A sciency sounding story? That terminology sounds rather JREFery...…

Oh  my you've exposed me I was sent by JREF high command to topple BFF,  its really my own fault for using our secret password "sciency", the antithesis of our founding principles. Which leads to the real question here......how do you know the password?  LOL I hope you can appreciate my attempt at humor!

If it helps Norse I've been following this subject matter for way longer than most and its based on my own personal experiences which includes every type of encounter/experience other than a point blank face to face encounter. As I've stated in my intro I'm a skeptic, obviously I've been satisfied with my own explanations for these experiences.  I'd love for Bigfoot to be discovered.

But hey back to the subject at hand Area X, what do you find compelling about the "data" and procedures?   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BFF Patron
14 hours ago, Airdale said:

Not surprising that it sounds "sciency" as they have a medical doctor and at least one other scientist on the team.

Meh.....I don't really buy into the appeal to authority argument when it comes to the subject of Bigfoot. What about someone being a doctor grant's them more creditability than you or I on the subject matter? 

Now having a doctor around is no doubt a great move on their part since they are shooting at something walking on two feet adjacent to a National Forest!

• Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Foxhill said:

I have never seen burr stuck to a bird before....

So a bird picked it up and carried it around as shown below?

images.jpeg

They tracked SOMETHING, but it definitely wasn't a bird.

8 hours ago, Foxhill said:

........ I was sent by JREF high command to topple BFF......  

That isn't possible, try as the do.

........  ......how do you know the password?.........

It's all in the body language. 

8 hours ago, Foxhill said:

Meh.....I don't really buy into the appeal to authority argument when it comes to the subject of Bigfoot..........

Isn't that what skeptism is all about?  

7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

images.jpeg

As a big game hunter, I've seen lots of habitat maps marked up like that, but they were all done after multiple year studies had confirmed a pattern, not simply a single animal's movement in a single year.

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Religous Content.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

As a big game hunter, I've seen lots of habitat maps marked up like that, but they were all done after multiple year studies had confirmed a pattern, not simply a single animal's movement in a single year.

I will have to look back at the monograph, but I think that they were pretty open that this represented just that...a single animal's movement over the course of one year.  I could very well be wrong, though.  

As someone who has spent more time than many studying the movements of large animals, do you think that the ranges listed on NAWAC'S graphic seem believable for a large omnivore?

12 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

........As someone who has spent more time than many studying the movements of large animals, do you think that the ranges listed on NAWAC'S graphic seem believable for a large omnivore?

Most definitely, especially for Alaska. Even on islands, there's almost guaranteed to be seasonal movements in elevation. I fully expect the same of sasquatches, which are clearly omnivores, and who would move often following food sources just like bears and aboriginal homo sapiens did.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Most definitely, especially for Alaska. Even on islands, there's almost guaranteed to be seasonal movements in elevation. I fully expect the same of sasquatches, which are clearly omnivores, and who would move often following food sources just like bears and aboriginal homo sapiens did.

Thanks for the insight, hunster

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I have never seen burr stuck to a bird before....

So a bird picked it up and carried it around as shown below?

images.jpeg

They tracked SOMETHING, but it definitely wasn't a bird.

I haven't either nor am I suggesting that, a bird most likely flew into the trap, the device got tangled up on the bird and it flew around with it until it fell off. Pretty obvious in the photos below how that could happen.

But you make a great point on why and how the experiment was flawed from the very start about the burr, It was set up to fail from the very beginning by the very thing every researcher of any type or subject matter has to be aware of confirmation biases. As a long time lurker I'm quite aware of how beat that horse is on this website and I only bring it up as it relates to the experiment and what was trying to be accomplished. 

The experiment was way to specific to the assumed target that all other possibilities could be ignored, its not a bad concept for tracking known targets but is an utter failure when it comes to this subject.

I get it put it nine feet up, something that's most likely going to stick only to fur, small and lightweight, Bigfoot will never notice that!  Opps you put it right in the flight line of numerous large birds, that's why the game cam should have been on the trap. But hey its a great effort and great story!

image - Copy (2).jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Foxhill
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what fox hill is proposing above.  There is just as likely a chance that the tracker could have been knock from its placement by various animals.   Birds, coons, squirrels etc. lord knows the last two are very curious, clever, and mischievous.   Once the tracker is on the ground anything with fur could pick it up.

There is the possibility it was a BF, no denying that here.  But with no further data than it moving around,  it hasn’t really given us any new information.    IMO.  

Love the ingenuity and effort though.  This is the kind of thinking outside the box we need but let’s not make the data fit a desired narrative by jumping to conclusions or assuming.       

2 hours ago, Franco said:

My 2 cents, They tracked it by helio... and couldn't get eyes on it, no therm.... doesnt line up. 

Not surprising considering the canopy there.