The Ketchum Report

They also say there are no fishercats in Massachusetts, yet I have one that is living under my shed.

@PJam:

In your response above, you list some great apes, then a comment about folks studying 'similar' creatures like bigfoot.

I'm curious, do you feel that the great apres are 'similar' to BF?

Or do you feel that humans would be 'similar' to BF?

It took modern humans (modern = advanced technologically/academically) many years to discover certain tribes - and these tribes were stationary (for the most part, not nearly as nomadic as BF is claimed to be) and used tools, fire, built shelter.

It is STILL taking modern humans many years to discover new languages - and these languages are spoken by people that are much more 'civilized'.

I see your point (and maybe that's another question - why does NA not have any monkeys/primates - another exception to the rule), but I also see a wealth of possible evidence to suggest a BF.

Well, I don't know know if I have any concrete idea of what I think bigfoot is. I think the romantic in me loves the idea of some intelligent giant ape roaming the backwoods of remote areas. But but I think maybe there's not enough variation in humans to account for "giant + hairy", whereas that's more possible with "ape"? I'm not sure!

As for us discovering new tribes. I agree this would imply we can't rule out a tribe of "something" largely hiding from us in North America. But it's not like those tribes that have been periodically discovered world wide are in North America -- I think North America is too developed. Most of this happens in largely unexplored, dense forests.

And I believe there aren't apes/monkeys in North America because they are generally found in tropical areas. I'm guessing it's got to do with diet and climate, but I only know this from the few biological anthropology courses I took waaaay back in college, and from what I've heard skeptical scientists say when they explain why they don't think a bigfoot-type creature could exist in North America.

I too think there is evidence that bigfoot exists. It's just that there is so much counter-evidence in the form of years and years of knowledge built up about animals supposedly similar to bigfoot, knowledge about and exploration of their supposed habitat, and years and years of no absolute evidence (and I know Mulder thinks the tracks and sightings are absolute, but even he would have to admit a captured, live bigfoot would be better evidence).

Edited by PJam

Guest RayG

They also say there are no fishercats in Massachusetts, yet I have one that is living under my shed.

That's not a real fishercat, it's a muskrat wearing a fishercat suit.

RayG

I've seen them, I'm waiting for Dr.K to start me on the path of understanding what I saw. We are apes, they are apes, North America is butt deep in large primates.

P.S. A Morris Fishercat suit>

Guest Particle Noun

I don't know if this means anything, but Ms. Ramey posted a video of an interview with Thom Cantrell talking up the conference on Good Morning Northwest. When asked what the newest thing was, he mentioned Dr. Ketchum's study. He said, very clearly, it is IN PEER REVIEW, it has been PICKED UP BY A MAJOR SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL, and that it is due to be published ANY DAY. So, those are fairly unequivocal statements. Not sure how much to read into that, but it is pretty unequivocal. I'd imagine Mr. Cantrell would know whereof he speaks in this matter.

I'm really looking forward to the reports from our friends here on the forum who are going!

Guest spurfoot

In view of the controversial and highly interesting nature of the subject matter, it would not be surprising if the journal decided to forgo press pre-briefing and embargo until Thursday. This could mean that tomorrow could instead be the big day since Friday's are typical science publication dates (not always). On the other hand, neither would it surprise me that one or two more months will pass before publicaton. We are at the mercy of the journal. The author's have no control over it.

No one should fault the author's, most especially considering the onerous and unusual conditions the journal has imposed. The journal itself has good reason for those conditions since they would naturally become subject to much pressure to not publish if the journal's identity became known. For we who want this thing published, there is no choice but wait.

IF it is published, and has some creedence, well then, we can seriously discuss exactly HOW a creature like this could evade for so long.

Heck, we can do that now. But the problem there is that ordinary people would have to learn things about tracking, natural camouflage and other techniques for evasion. On other forums, I found skeptics to be particularly resistant to wanting to learn about such things. On one forum I got, to paraphrase, "I don't have to learn about tracking to know a hoax when I see one", in reference to the 3-mile trackway found in Minnesota this last March.

So when we have provincial attitudes like that, learning will not occur, neither will enlightenment.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone else heard of these inverted trees thought to have been pounded several feet into the ground by a squatch?post-17666-0-03664400-1336094293.jpg

Guest OntarioSquatch

First time I've seen a tree like that. I'd imagine it would take something very strong to do such a thing.

That's not a real fishercat, it's a muskrat wearing a fishercat suit.

RayG

I should have known it was a hoax.

BFF Patron

Has anyone else heard of these inverted trees thought to have been pounded several feet into the ground by a squatch?post-17666-0-03664400-1336094293.jpg

Yes, Robert Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch has one or more documented in coastal Alaska pictured in his book, can't recall if the video capture you posted is one of them or not.

First time I've seen a tree like that. I'd imagine it would take something very strong to do such a thing.

or very skilled with photoshop...idk.

Guest BFSleuth

We should probably stay on topic with the Ketchum Report on this thread. There is another thread that went into the "upside down tree" thing here:

Cotter, I believe the Ketchum study results will be the beginning of a "new" discovery.

or perhaps more of the same old same old in the world of BF.at first i think many were cautiously optimistic,but as time wears on what little info there is seems to be sliding the same way as past build ups.

it would be great if it isnt the case,but im not sure id bank on it as of right now.

^^^

It would be awesome if that were fact but unfortunately it is only your opinion!

No, it is the factual analysis of many highly competent scientists and analysts.

Withstands who's technical analysis? ParaApe's?

Drs Meldrum, Schaller, Swindler, Fahrenbach, Kranz, Birkby, Rosen, Officer Chilcutt, Tom Moore formerly of Wyoming's Fish and Wildlife agency, and many others

Edited by Mulder