The Ketchum Report

She commented on FB that she hoped every one enjoyed it...

I actually caught the 1st 2 comments. The first one stated, "They hated it"... the 2nd comment was something about recycling a DNA presentation from 2004.. and that she was losing supporters. Both statements subsequently disappeared (were deleted) very quickly..

Guest spurfoot

A commenter on her website said something about her having received death threats. That might account for the Skype presentation.

The most abhorred quantity on the planet is Truth.

BFF Patron
Edited by bipedalist

Guest Particle Noun

Oh goodness. This is certainly a huge let down. I had hoped there would be all sorts of new and interesting things to talk about today. Instead, just the thudding sound of falling hopes.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I really think people should save the drama for when the paper actually comes out. Like why would someone send her a death threat lol

Did somebody die?

It´s certainly quiet on this normally vibrant thread! Mayby Slicktrick, who just posted a fitting Paul Simon video for us, can find Simon and Garfunckels "Sound of Silence" for us?

Could somebody please bring us up to date.

What I´ve heard so far is that Melba Ketchum didn´t show up at the symposium, but gave a lecture via Skype, a lecture on DNA in a broad sense, and afterwards posted on Facebook something like:"... I hope everybody enjoyed the lecture and learned something about DNA". What a downer!

For those who know, did she mention Bigfoot DNA at all?

....... Like why would someone send her a death threat lol

Yes indeed! Is this one of the usual rumors, or is there something to it? officially that is.

I think it's about to be published.

1. Organizations with samples in the mix are preparing their supporting economic and public relations positions.

2. Ketchum has never had any obligation to anyone on this forum or in the general public, but has made the effort to maintain a bridge of goodwill pending publication.

3. Recent lapses in what we perceive to be goodwill on her part and the part of others in the mix indicate to me that the perceived need on their part to maintain a bridge of goodwill until publication is drawing to a close.

4. If the thing were about to go bust, they'd all be at each other's throats as they each tried to salvage what they could out of the situation. This does not seem to be happening.

The water all flows out of the bay just before the tsunami hits.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong.

Yes, this may be the straw that broke the bigfoot's back for alot of supporters. :(

Which supporters, Ketcham's or bigfoot's?

Edited by Splash7

I find it interesting that Dr Ketchum is concerned with the conservation of the species, and is putting forth an effort to promote just that. Some people may think that is premature, or whimsical on her part. I personally wonder if it is not prompted by discussions of reaction and ramifications to her study. If her study confirms the existence of this critter, and some interesting geographical data, considering the sample origin will certainly be part of the study, then what happens? "Hey, they just proved Bigfoot is real, lets go find them" or better yet, the last big prize after that, may be perceived as the dead body so many misguided people really think is necessary. Sudden general knowledge of existence, and possibly more habitat, details, ect, could easily lead to some disastrous results.

This is not a species of fish, or some obscure small primate in the jungles of Asia we are talking about here, there are many things to consider before "outing" them.

BFF Patron

Personally, I think there is a Zeitgeist-threat (or paradigm-shift, pick your poison) with the impending study release of results. Groveling, stinky, smelly, dumb-ass-ape versus reflective, more hybridized human-like, take-a-look-in-the-mirror possibility (and reality according to the spin). Why would death threats be mentioned in relation to the PNW Primal People's Conference and Ketchum appearance (if it is more than rumored)? Troubling developments? You be the judge.

Edited by bipedalist

Which supporters, Ketcham's or bigfoot's?

Ketchum's

I say this because of a few comments that I read on FB that were deleted. A couple of "supporters" that apparently were not at all happy about what happened at the conference.