The Ketchum Report

All that aside, without science you wouldn't have a computer to type on or a forum to express your opinions. I could go on but the list of benefits to you from science would fill 300 more pages of this thread.

Mercy CTFoot,

I am a HALF retired once highly tenured Professional Scientist..... I started off with a hunt and peck OLD typewriter.... Not a computer.. Heaven forbid..... I still have my top of the line (expensive) Slide Rule... And am old enough to know how to use it. My current pick up work only occurs when my better half has had enough of me being retired, so I pick up the staff and do a form of relief type work to supplement our income...

The Bigfoot Scientific Community to date is a no show, with only a few members going out on the "tenure limb" working on finding Bigfoot........

The mentality of the lame stream part of the Scientific Community simple mirrors that of the attack skeptics you read on this forum, on any new venture.

Scientific pursuit of Bigfoot pails in comparison to Scientific pursuits elsewhere. Please read previous posts... The scientific community is strong in most fields.

When the first invention of a ""computer type machine" was introduced it was not met with disdain, threats and skepticism.

You can only find a few instances where A scientist embraced Bigfoot findings, and was likewise embraced by the scientific community... Most were then threatened with lost of tenure if they persisted....

You can't stifle scientific pursuit of a chosen goal, and expect progress...

Taint the science but the application of Bigfoot scientific studies... That I am skeptical of....

As far as Bigfoot, i am a skeptic with a smile.... Not a mean streak, My cup is 98% full, not 2% empty... The DNA findings by Melba, will fill a bunch of cups.

I don't think it's anything deliberate, I think it's a matter of prioritizing research dollars. You need stronger evidence than currently exists, DNA would probably do it.

"I quit being Doctoral Candidate and owe a-lot more money and the option to continue. But this is veering off the subject. "

BadVooDoo....the most interesting part of that post is your personal story. I hope you jump through the hoops required to obtain that degree, as your frustration today will be repeated with employers your entire life and letting that stop your bigger goals might be something you will regret? Famous saying from my youth, which I heard many times (I was a stubborn child)..." you are cutting off your nose to spite your face" ...vivid image and a little brutal to use with a six year old, but my folks were salt of the earth types...! Ah well, please take no offense, just encouraging you to eat that humble pie and get er done...

Edited by apehuman

I don't think it's anything deliberate, I think it's a matter of prioritizing research dollars. You need stronger evidence than currently exists, DNA would probably do it.

Evidence does exist and has not been diminished by time... It could have been strengthened and nurtured.... Not skopted at.... And ridiculed for centuries....

And all of that ( prioritizing research dollars ) will soon change.... BTW, habituations are usually a work of love and are not that expensive.... They are well known, ( refer to Jane Goodall writings) .... And could have paid of royally.... That may still be the case ..... Priorities will definitely change in the egg on the face scientific arena.

Scrambling will ( refer to Sykes study) occur rapidly to protect the fragile Scientific Mantle.....

But please, someone, explain the viscous ness of the attacks on "all things Melba" why are the amateur sleuths crashing all sites possible to find out her business and personal doings and activities.... Investigative reporting involves " boots on the ground" not websites visitation. You make THE CASE, before you make your accusation.... Or release nefarious evidence in an attempt to degrade a fellow forum member...... Geeeeeeesh guys ...

But not on this forum ... Skeps and skophs, and naysayers want to know the color of her fingernail polish.... Hair coloring ... It's just sick science..

I am just asking, what does this have to do with good science ??? Good science is always followed by that old sayings my mother used to use on me....

patience donkey "sic" patience .... Please insert appropriate word ......

If you are a scientist please explain to me why you think the evidence thus far is sufficient to justify funding for discovery? I'm genuinely interested in how what I consider to be circumstantial evidence at best meets the criteria for conclusive evidence. I could very well be wrong in my assumptions.

Questioning motives and procedures that don't align with what is normally done in research is not bad mouthing IMO. I don't know the woman personally, but her history, coupled with a lack of follow through with dead lines in this project, then suddenly disappearing, is suspicious at the moment.

The problem CT is that nobody owes annonymous people on a forum anything, especially within these confines of social media where people hide behind usernames and are not answerable to their lack professional courtesy and baseless accusations. Disappearing is relative. I'm surprised that you don't understand that a project like this has no predictable deadline or finish date. I also can't see how you could question a procedure which you haven't examined, unless it is unrelated to this thread and topic.

• Upvote 1

If you are a scientist please explain to me why you think the evidence thus far is sufficient to justify funding for discovery?

And here lies the root cause for this subject. If we are told from the moment we are born, everything is purple and there are no other colors. When indirectly challenging the "dogmatic" view of science and how there is another color. You are indirectly challenging the established view of "creation" and "evolution". Imagine all the scientists whom made and earned degrees stating the opposite is true. WOW! What an impact this could have. So, funding will mostly be private.

What BadVooDoo described about the double edged sword,(good post +1) would surely encompass this project. You can easily see how all professionals involved would be walking a tight rope with this. It is such a reach for the science community to embrace this. They would be twice as cynical as they normally would be, it would be logical for them to want an extensive array of samples,

tests, habitation data, etc... before they would endorse such a study.

If people step back and look at the big picture, you can easily see how this would take so long for it to be published.

People throwing this study out because of Melba's business mistakes and the like, is just foolish.

let's say she is a terrible business owner, does that mean she is a total failure in her lab work ? NO.

I had friend I worked with building homes, he was one of the best builders I ever met. But when he tried to start his own

business, he was a terrible business owner, messed up the books, appointments,and terrible social skills. But he was still

a great builder.

I think M.K. is kind of in the same boat.

Edited by zigoapex

Well let me ask you this people, how many of you donors got negative results from Dr. Ketchum? That shouldn't be breaking any kind of NDA since it was a negative result.

Edited by CTfoot

Well let me ask you this people, how many of you donors got negative results from Dr. Ketchum? That shouldn't be breaking any kind of NDA since it was a negative result.

I'll bet none.

Guest OntarioSquatch
Thanks for your email. My aim was to collect 20 samples with good provenance, and I now have exceeded this target. I will prioritise these and begin testing shortly. So the timetable is still on track, though I cannot say at this point when the results will be published, as i do not know what they will show.

Best regards, Bryan.

Bryan Sykes MA PhD DSc

Professor of Human Genetics

Wolfson College, Oxford,OX2 6UD