The Ketchum Report

As long as none of them were bitten by a radioactive spider, I'd think they would be OK.

We saw what that did to Bruce Banner! He certainly grew in size...

GK

Thats what I was thinking , heck you have heard of the "Hair Hulk" of Norman (OK) right? LOL

If their were originally just 4 with the mutations that would be Fantastic ;)

Thanks SY, that was some ''hot'' reading on pg. 428!! Leads me to wonder just how many samples of BF have been already misidentified?

Hard to speculate, but I hope we don't keep adding to the count.

Does that mean the JREF group is going to start slamming the Sykes study now??? :swoon: :swoon:

It's a study that might support BF, how do you think they're going to react?

Hard to speculate, but I hope we don't keep adding to the count.

I wonder if they still have samples that can be run with the new techniques? That was pretty interesting.

I also wonder how many off the wall results some of this research gets that you never hear about.

Edited by CTfoot

Guest crabshack

I also wonder how many off the wall results some of this research gets that you never hear about.

That would be interesting to know.

Guest BFSleuth

One of those preclovis sites has been an interest to me since I found this book while researching primate hairs. Pendejo Cave in New Mexico produced a hair sample that was identified as bear by an FBI lab, yet human mtDNA was extracted and wasn't one of the known NA haplogroups A,B,C or D. They say they couldn't rule out contamination, but still felt it was human hair. Apparently they didn't have any more to go on and didn't reveal which haplogroup it belonged to.

Read pages 427 and 428.

This is beginning to sound like a familiar refrain: "must be contamination from human DNA, but gosh we really don't know what it is....".... They certainly put a lot of effort into trying to peg the identity of the hairs in the cave, only to conclude they are possibly human and possibly not. If Ketchum's report is published, then it will likely create new opportunities for reviewing samples that may have already been collected and attempted to be categorized.

Guest BFSleuth

Population bottlenecks are not an uncommon occurrence in species. It would seem that breeding behavior that supports adding new material to the gene pool (to put a fine point on it) would be beneficial and something that would therefore be supported from an evolutionary point of view. Populations that add to the gene pool thrive, and those that don't add to the gene pool dwindle.

I still say this study should have been a 2 stepper. Step 1- Prove they exist. Show the hairs, vids, toenail, etc all the evidence. Show that DNA is a new species not matching anything on record. Then step 2- determine through further testing what it actually IS. Ahem, Sykes, take note.

Seeing references to the better business bureau. They are not an official organization. They are a club that businesses can pay to be a member of, so that potential customers can feel better about doing business with them, banking on the public's misconception that the BBB is an official organization. The BBB is, itself, a business.

So the latest post by RL reports that Rick Dyer has shot a bigfoot and that the body will be released along with a documentary....

This one I'm not buying....

Maybe there was just a really bad smell around when he told the story, and somebody assumed it was the body.

Perhaps it was an brief over exposure to high amounts of gamma radiation...

So you're saying there's a chance bigfoot rage and turn green when they get angry? :D

I think that is exactly what some mainstream academic members of the scientific community were thinking when presented with Bigfoot evidence over the last couple of centuries ......

"Anything Bigfoot is radioactive"

Last few pages of this thread have been very interestig and refreshing,

Thanks guys

Seeing references to the better business bureau. They are not an official organization. They are a club that businesses can pay to be a member of, so that potential customers can feel better about doing business with them, banking on the public's misconception that the BBB is an official organization. The BBB is, itself, a business.

No, it's a scam. They blackmail businesses into paying to "fix" bad ratings.

I still say this study should have been a 2 stepper. Step 1- Prove they exist. Show the hairs, vids, toenail, etc all the evidence. Show that DNA is a new species not matching anything on record. Then step 2- determine through further testing what it actually IS. Ahem, Sykes, take note.

Plus 1

Considering the magnitude of the discovery in lieu of history of denial ... small steps be best.