The Ketchum Report

Disotell is giving his opinion on the data that is on hand which is.....a bunch of talk from Ketchum and no data, I wouldn't say he's written it off, but finds it suspicious without any data to back it up.

DNA | Anthropology | Social Conscience

As the editor of a science journal, perhaps I only want the DNA part of it ...

Correcting my post #13328 above:

"As the editor of a science journal," should say, "Suppose I were the editor of a science

journal -- but I am not -- perhaps I would only want the DNA part of it"

Sorry if that caused any confusion. :blush:

Guest OntarioSquatch

"Disotell is looking to get his name added to it at the last hour."

Maybe, but it's possible that he's just interested. He's tested dozens of alleged sasquatch & chupacabra samples. The Sasquatch samples would often come back as modern human.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

I think I remember Disotell say, he could sort it out if he only had a few hundred base pairs of DNA from her study.

Depends from where in the genome most likely. Most species ID is done with mtDNA. Testing that would not find what Dr Ketchum says is novel.

Guest gerrykleier

Remember when this thread would grow by pages every day! Now we're lucky to get one new post! It's cruising towards become 'unpinned'.

GK

^My thoughts exactly Gerry, it seems as though the whole Ketchum DNA saga is slowly fading into the background.

However, you and I both know that one statement from the Ketchum camp can re-ignite the posting in an explosive manner.

To be honest, I would have figured we would have heard some sort of comment regarding the Sierra sample by now.

Not sure what to make of that.

BFF Patron

Disotell has already said he would like to look at the data and see if it has any merit.

Thanks--but no thanks--, but I'd take any run of the mill geneticist in an academic department before I'd take the word of a scoftic scientist.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest gerrykleier

^My thoughts exactly Gerry, it seems as though the whole Ketchum DNA saga is slowly fading into the background.

However, you and I both know that one statement from the Ketchum camp can re-ignite the posting in an explosive manner.

To be honest, I would have figured we would have heard some sort of comment regarding the Sierra sample by now.

Not sure what to make of that.

We get no hint of what is going on behind the scenes, if in fact, ANYTHING is happening. All opinions seem equally likely right now. Mine is that it's at the 'stick-a-fork-in-it' stage and we won't hear anything from MK and the whole thing will just sink into the ocean and disappear without a trace.

GK

There will be a book. It will provide no evidence just her theory. It will proclaim that the evil science guys just could not accept the truth.