The Ketchum Report

scientific American dated Winter 2013 and titled “What Makes Us Humanâ€

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=what-makes-us-human

I recall the article from 2009 I believe, and the author was Catherine S. Pollard Phd.

The paper focused on the rare stretches of DNA that differ between us and or nearest relative(chimps), and the specific functions of those genes. Perhaps there is a later version now in print with the same title.

BFF Patron

Yep, 24+ hours without a post - I think the apathy reflects conventional wisdom, i.e. it aint' happenin'...

I still hold some hope it will be released in any form.

It still beckons - this thread and the promise of Bigfoot DNA revealed ... I suppose that unfulfilled promise is still enough to keep this thread pinned.

I opened the first page by mistake and it starts with something like, "Is Dr. Ketchum being used?" .... ?

Edited by apehuman

Guest Thepattywagon

If there's a paper in peer review, I'm actually happier that MK is no longer availing herself as a target, because she has a knack for inviting that sort of thing. So, I'm fine waiting on this, and the passage of time doesn't diminish the odds of it being published, considering the magnitude of the study and it's subject.

check your pm. i will walk you through the process of finding these hidden nuggets

Thx SS, I appreciate the PM and the add'l time you spent sharing your strategy and approach.

I think it's important that claims on both sides be verifiable and verified.

With that said, I will be reminding folks that bring up the Bhutan sample that Sykes and Meldrum both 'claim' that it was later tested as bear.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I remember Sykes originally said it wasn't a bear or a human, but it seems that he made a mistake and later corrected it with further testing. What are the odds.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

@ForestGuy, as OS had posted earlier the statements came from the ISU website (and other areas) indicating Meldrum and Sykes both agreed on the later testing.

Short of contacting Sykes requesting the data, that's what we've got. I'm not one to bother folks on this as in my mind this hair doesn't really sway the argument either way. Sykes has much better things to do than to field questions from the likes of me.