Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Exactly, The driver was even confident enough not to take his rifle with him when they went to look for the body. That says a lot, the BS meter is still on high. Justin's playing Derek like a fiddle.

The current iteration of the story has more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese. I'd be checking freezers Justin has access to for both juveniles on ice.

I prefer to be played like a guitar, I can't stand the fiddle. Alpinist I know you're furious about this story, but I'm curious. Being a Bigfoot researcher, what would you have done in my shoes. First of all, I have no way of bringing the Bigfoots back to life. Once I decided that Justin was telling me the truth, ( I know the results ), should I have just walked away, or should I do what I can to help make an awful event have a positive outcome? If this flesh sample can in any way help with possible species verification, wouldn't it be worth it to try? Verification should lead to protection. I know this whole thing is a long shot, but it is worth trying. If laws are eventually put into place people might think twice about shooting at one of these creatures.

I'm in not in any way trying to start an argument with you. You're angry and you have every right to be, but that anger will not serve the situation. We can use this event as an example to educate and raise awareness.

DR

D

I hope that you have not been played for a fool, though I believe that you have.

I have a question. I have seen posts in which various people have said that Dr. Ketchum "entered their specimen into her study." I wonder if this is a source of confusion. Such a statement by her would not necessarily mean that she had attributed the specimen to "bigfoot." It would simply mean that it was one of a number of specimens she would study and possibly include in a paper. I hope I am making myself clear. A paper by her could certainly include a listing of those specimens which turned out NOT to be "bigfoot."

Therefore, if you/General received a letter which stated that your specimen had been "entered into the study," you should not take that as a result of lab testing, ie you should not believe that she had determined, at the time of the letter, that your specimen came from a bigfoot. I don't know whether that would be covered by your NDA, since it is not the result of testing...that is for you to determine. My question is, did you receive such a communication, rather than a statement that your sample had been identified by testing as coming from a bigfoot?

Parn, I know what you're saying but no, that's not the case.

This NDA sucks. There is so much I'd like to tell you if I could.

p

I did a search of Bigfoot shootings, and I will post a link of a website I found. The comments made before the list of shootings makes a ton of sense to me. After I read this, I have a better understanding of the confusion that uninformed BF shooters face during their encounters. I wonder if current Laws banning the shooting of BF's would matter if the shooter was in imminent danger and could prove it?

Here is the link http://lawnflowersjerkyandbigfoots.com/bigfootshootings.aspx

BFF Patron

I'm moving this post over to the proper thread from the Ketchem (sic) song thread. It's more appropriately placed here.

Well there is so much on the line based on the kills story. But it is the simple omissions that drive me crazy (maybe it is all for the cause of a book but I hope the dna corroboration comes soon). If Justin was visited by DFG as announced on the interview on MNBRT then there are things not reported that could be. DFG is not a classified agency, they are a public agency, It should be easy to produce names, badge numbers and id's in such a case. An attorney wouldn't dream of accompanying somebody to a DFG office to turn over a piece of BF if they didn't know all that info. in advance and in triplicate and verified. So short of a search warrant was it all just a bluff? FOIA request time. Maybe DFG has an active investiagation, maybe it was a bluff. It is unlikely a FOIA would go through on an uninvestigated story or one in which there is an open file.

An FOIA request would be all that it would take. Where is Lindsay on that project ? Oh that's right the study will be out in 3 months according to him, why bother? That wouldn't be true journalism now would it. Maybe just a little too forward thinking perhaps?

It's not hard to imagine the driver feeling relatively safe enough to go look for the animals without his rifle. They were both fairly confident he lunged it and they heard it crash in the brush. Rifle hunting is a bit different than bow hunting. When I slam a deer or coyote and see them drop like a ton of bricks, I don't have to wait an hour to go do what I do. He is an experienced enough hunter to feel like that one was dropped. A 25-06 is gonna leave a mark. Stop dissecting every little move like that proves this is a lie one way or another. All I am hearing is "a seasoned hunter would've this. . . a seasoned shooter would have that. . . " So we get it, Justin or Daryl from the TBRC didn't do what you liked. Sorry about your day. The only thing I wish would happened is that one of those creatures from either episode would have dropped where they stood so guys like Saskeptic, Parnassus, Kitakaze and Interdasting would be put out of business. I like you a couple of you guys, but I would like to see what your new schtick would be. On to the unicorn forums. . . jk

Edited by arizonabigfoot

Guest Alpinist

You have taken the optimal course of action Derek, and made the best of the situation. I've no beef with you, in fact it was fortunate you, had the resources to put the steak towards a noble cause. I would have done exactly what you did, but being north of the 49th, I would have called Erickson and got him involved as the conduit to Melba.

But a big piece of meat would have been reserved to go to a friend of mine high up on the totem pole in Bio-Sciences here at UBC in Vancouver. I'd very much like to see the University of British Columbia get some of that material to study, I have enough connections there that post discovery, I'm going to start making phone calls. Maybe you can help make it happen Derek, tho I doubt Justin will be co-operative with any of my initiatives.

Was chatting with a native guy here last night, and he said any attempt to make money off of the flesh would be really bad medicine for Justin, very bad ju ju ... I would not doubt the forest people are aware of Justin. They know who I am, thats for sure.

Edited by Alpinist

SSR Team

I would not doubt the forest people are aware of Justin. They know who I am, thats for sure.

Alpinist, sorry, what do you mean ??

Mr.Puff..With all due respect to the Mods of this forum..How do you feel about all of us who believe there never was a shooting as claimed involving waving armed Sasquatches and juveniles wondering about?..Or am i to sit over in the corner and lay quiet and not speak on said subject?..I am a bit out of the loop on new forum rules and wish not to attack anyone..But i am astounded by how many folks believe this actually went down..IMHO nothing good will come from these claims just yet another setback for researchers in the field..Perhaps i am just venting..And maybe i should start a venting thread?..I and others will stay tuned..Regards..G

Simple answer is that I think you guys play an important role in ferreting out the *truthfulness* of the story. You, and the *others* you mention are certainly entitled to voice your opinion here regarding the purported incident so long as you do so in a manner that is respectful to the Rules & Guidelines of the forum.

I have my doubts as to the veracity of the story as well. If what I've read and listened to is true, then I can't support the purported shooting even though I personally believe that we need a body to prove the existence of the species and subsequently afford the species protections both for the species, and habitat to support it.

The story does seem plausible, while a bit fantastical as well. I don't know what to believe in all sincerity.

Just handled really poorly in the aftermath if there is any merit to the story IMHO.

But, what you don't get to do is to openly and personally attack the General. As a member of this forum he is protected by our Rules & Guidelines which state the following...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Certainly not saying you have done that, but others have.

The last thing we need as a community is another black-eye. Hoping we don't have to endure that.

The rumored DNA analysis regarding this event will play a huge role in my personal evaluation of this purported incident.

If there is any veracity to the story, I'm certainly hoping that the DNA analysis will be enough to substantiate the species so the lives taken will not have been taken for nothing.

Guess I would advise against the initiation of a venting thread. Doubt it would be too well received or work out too well for you.

not quite sure what you're saying here, but as a California resident and hunter, I don't relish being in the woods with someone like General. I hope you don't emulate him. I think this whole thing about killing a bigfoot is bound to end in tragedy, and I hope that neither you nor I are involved.

Well, I've openly stated that as someone Pro-Kill regarding the first BF that I could not justify the actions of the General if there is any merit to the story.

I'd have handled the situation entirely differently. Of course, hindsight is 20/20.

Assuming there is merit to the story, I'm forced to conclude that the aftermath of the purported event was entirely mishandled.

Worlds of difference between how California hunters and those from other areas would interpret this situation I suspect.

One thing I would hope we all would agree upon would be certain moral and ethical standards regarding hunting.

Hunters are some of the most morally and ethically driven individuals I've ever ran across. Since you are one yourself I suppose you would agree with that.

So, if the story is to be believed as told, the General popped a cap on an adult and juvenile squatch.

Animals covered in hair and something he was unfamiliar with.

Unless you were/are prancing around in the woods in full BF costume regalia what would there be to fear?

He hasn't gone on a rampage of killing other hunters or hikers has he?

Given the story, as related by the General, had I been in a similar circumstance, I would have shot the adult. I would have then contacted the appropriate authorities.

He didn't do that, and his not doing so grates on my last nerve.

I hate needless killing of any manner. Only way I can justify the shooting of a BF is if the individual who does so felt a personal threat, or did so to provide evidence to establish the species.

I don't see either in this case.

Seems a worthy sacrifice for me if the taking of the first one is handled appropriately and the life taken provides a benefit in implementation of protections to the others.

I suspect we would all then become 100% No-Kill and demand the species and the habitat to support it be protected.

But, I highly doubt you would have anything to fear from the General or any other hunter. They are some of the more ethically sound people among us in my experience.

This story and all the details is at an obvious stalemate until the DNA study results is published. With all the talk regarding the DNA work we have little details on the actual microscopic testing of the hair . Does anyone know if it "fit" into the unidentified primate classification ? Certainly, if it did not fit into any known mammal that would bury the yote rumor and add a ton of credibility.

I would also surmise that the hair analysis could be tested at several different labs and not fall under the current NDA.

Just throw us a little bone here Derek. LOL...

The Stink

Edited by Big Stinky

Guest parnassus

But, I highly doubt you would have anything to fear from the General or any other hunter. They are some of the more ethically sound people among us in my experience.

I wouldn't hunt with either General or the Echo guys.

not that they'd have me either lol.

I haven't read this entire thread, close to a third I guess, so if my question has already been answered than I'm sorry..... but was wondering.....this thread started back in June I believe, so, wasn't there supposed to be some kind of DNA report by now?

Not trying to be sarcastic in any way, sincerely don't know.

Trying to weed through some of these posts just confuses me more.

SSR Team

Bottom line...If you've ever laid eyes on a BF, you know that this event is entirely plausible.

What part Pac ??

Bottom line...If you've ever laid eyes on a BF, you know that this event is entirely plausible.

amen to that Pac. If this report had come from back east I might be a little more skepticle. JMHO;I think any report outside PNW is chancy. But having seen tracks in the snow at 10 years old and a big male at 19 both in Central Sierras I know the story is entirely plausible.

And for the record I think its pretty lame of some of the hunters here to say they would not hunt with Justin, Really? Why? you dont even know him. You must be Phsychic to descern what kind of person he is. Or clarvoent or omnipresent and you were with him when it went down?

Adam