Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest poignant

Good interview, could've done away with the scary music and esoteric weblinks.

Glad to have heard it straight from Smeja and that a second lab is working on the bf sample.

Either he's a darn good actor or he's telling the straight truth. I'll have to watch it again and pay closer attention to his body language just to be sure.

Guest BFSleuth

I'm going to have a tough day tomorrow at work... just finished watching the entire interview, and I think it was effectively done. I'm probably going to go back and watch it again. My first impressions:

1. He's likely telling the truth in broad strokes, I also have the feeling that there are some elements he isn't comfortable talking about.

2. His emphatic statement that they are very human (at least the adult) is really something.

3. His size and weight estimates of the adult was about in line with the height and weight range of Fahrenbach's scale and he seemed pretty confident from his experience hunting other animals.

4. The small size of the children was a bit of a shock to me, I had thought they were much larger and threatening.

5. The communication between the children, "like deaf people speaking only much lower" was interesting.

I need to sleep... and I need to watch this again.

Thought it was a very good interview, and to my surprise it upset me.

The way he described the large one as a monster 'that shouldn't be there' and the little ones as just 'nasty things', "this thing needs to die, it's not natural". The 'flopping and kicking' of the parent as it went down.

He also didn't really say he shot the little one because it appeared threatening to him, as he did in his earlier interviews. He flat out stated he just wanted to shoot one because no one would believe him if he didn't take a body home, "f*ck it, let's kill one of these things".....

The way he talked about how they were "really, really human" and the guilt, shame he felt afterwards. It does seem as though it changed him.

Throughout the interview he seemed relaxed and as if he had his story straight. What a sad mess.... I hope something good (for the Sasquatch) comes out of this all.

I also liked this last sentence: "Recently, both DNA studies have expressed excitement in their preliminary findings.."

I just kept thinking, it's summer, why can't they film a re-enactment at the exact location? Have someone stand where he thinks it was when they rolled up on it, have them fall down and struggle after the first shot, get up and go to the ridge. Then get back in the truck, drive farther, get back out....all of it. On film.

Edited by WTB1

I just kept thinking, it's summer, why can't they film a re-enactment at the exact location? Have someone stand where he thinks it was when they rolled up on it, have them fall down and struggle after the first shot, get up and go to the ridge. Then get back in the truck, drive farther, get back out....all of it. On film.

If it was me, and I knew I really did this, I don't know how excited I would be to go back where there could be pissed off Bigfoots who may or may not recognize me!

Thought it was a very good interview, and to my surprise it upset me.

The way he described the large one as a monster 'that shouldn't be there' and the little ones as just 'nasty things', "this thing needs to die, it's not natural". The 'flopping and kicking' of the parent as it went down.

He also didn't really say he shot the little one because it appeared threatening to him, as he did in his earlier interviews. He flat out stated he just wanted to shoot one because no one would believe him if he didn't take a body home, "f*ck it, let's kill one of these things".....

The way he talked about how they were "really, really human" and the guilt, shame he felt afterwards. It does seem as though it changed him.

Throughout the interview he seemed relaxed and as if he had his story straight. What a sad mess.... I hope something good (for the Sasquatch) comes out of this all.

I also liked this last sentence: "Recently, both DNA studies have expressed excitement in their preliminary findings.."

I thought he was quite believable in the interview and I'm pretty skeptical about the whole bf thing. This fellow falls into a group of hunters, and I know some like that, who have no empathy for animals. They see something and they have to kill it. It's like animals are there to be killed and that's that. In any case, it's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.

Oh, I also meant to add that I could see law enforcement wanting to talk to this guy regarding the shooting. Especially after he's used the word children, etc., etc.

t.

Edited by Terry

Guest tpick

Great interview. You don't have to like General but I don't see how anyone can say he's lying. It's too bad the body of the juvenile was not found.

Guest Cervelo

All I can say is the guy creeps me out and I wouldn't want to be within 10 miles of him if he had a gun.

Take this to the Tar Pit and I'll tell you what I really think;)

Edited by Cervelo

Guest Shaun

I haven't seen this yet, don;'t know if I want to. I've never know what to make of all this. We don't have a hunting culture in the UK other than shooting pheasants let out of traps.... So, I find the whole thing hard to grasp.

I can't understand how people can shoot any animal and call it sport, never mind something that is practically human. To be frank, it disgusts me.

If this story is true, I hope there are some kind of legal ramifications.

I haven't seen this yet, don;'t know if I want to. I've never know what to make of all this. We don't have a hunting culture in the UK other than shooting pheasants let out of traps.... So, I find the whole thing hard to grasp.

I can't understand how people can shoot any animal and call it sport, never mind something that is practically human. To be frank, it disgusts me.

If this story is true, I hope there are some kind of legal ramifications.

It's tough to relate to hunting living where you do. Your perception of hunting could change if you had the opportunity to be around true sportsman who are mostly naturalists in their own right. The ethical reasons for hunting are varied and legitimate and if you spent a week in a hunt camp with the kinds of hunters who truly love the wild and all that goes into hunting you would be impressed. That being said, there are a hell of a lot of idiots who hunt.

t.

• Upvote 2

Guest Shaun

I should clarify, hunting in general doesn't disgust me (although it's not something I can grasp), just the though of someone seemingly killing a hominin in cold blood.