Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest Thepattywagon

If the 'steak' was from the little one, he would not have been able to do a taxidermy mount of it.

Guest FEATHERSTONE

As an avid hunter myself....I saw several "red flags"....a couple have been mentioned: 1.) I either have serious doubts about his big game experience in that he describes making a "kill shot" and heard the crashing, etc....but can't find the carcass of the adult? I've tracked numerous bowkills, some with and without blood trails...always with success. Your telling me he can't track a wounded 600 pound animal that is "crashing", etc.....should have been easy.....so basically we don't have a confirmed kill on the adult. 2.) Your telling me his buddy gets out of the vehicle and doesn't take his gun when they look for this "monster"....and then they split up for a while and the buddy has no gun...sure...tracking a wounded BF with no gun?? 3.) I'm sorry, I haven't seen many .25-06's or any rifle near that caliber leave a "basketball" size exit hole.....this all could be 100% on the level....but there are some things not adding up!

My thoughts exactly!

He said something like "a lot of (bleep) happened" before it died, after he shot it. It was coughing up blood. Man. And I agree this could be a missing piece we are sensing with our nonparanormal pyschic abilities.

He didn’t take it cuz he didn’t want to get caught with the body in his truck. Did he say he works for Fish and Game?

He said he figured out what it was on the way home...."oh,.... Harry and the Hendersons....."

That he couldn't find it after he shot it,....well, we usually can't find them EVER. The camouflage. Still works even if yer dead, Fred. That the little ones couldn’t find it--that surprised me! So they can't even see each other, maybe.

Can't find it in the snow? Two feet of snow? I extensive snow experience and I am not surprised. Ever drop your keys in the snow?

How come he didn't ask Justin if the adult was a male or female?? I still wanna know. And the closer to people or apes question?

Smeja seems a little sheepish about it now. I think he is embarrassed at how it looks to the rest of us.

And man, that’s a lot of poop! Kind of weird. ON the road? Welcome to the neighborhood? Nice.

They were not afraid of little ones cuz they were little and walking around and talking. I guess that seemed normal in a way....?

He shot the little one cuz no body would believe it without proof? Apparently amazement set in.

He said it was at 7200 feet, near Gold Lake, NW of Tahoe, Haskell Peak, nearest town was Sierraville.

39°39'18.20" N 120°34'10.56" W ?

He was confused at the time, and apparently freaked out. I don't wonder it sounds like nonsense now. Hadda be there kind of thing.

Steak from adult because of its lighter color?

They don’t belong here…..you know, the monsters, they don't belong here. Hadn't figured it out yet.

I don't think he has the body of the young one. Otherwise would he even admit shooting it? Would he stuff it after he said it looked like a kid? Can't have both....I don't think so, anyway.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest BFSleuth

I haven't seen many .25-06's or any rifle near that caliber leave a "basketball" size exit hole.....this all could be 100% on the level....but there are some things not adding up!

I've never used a .25-06, so I looked up the wikipedia info about it and also found this hunting forum thread dedicate to the .25-06. Basically it is a .30-06 cartridge with a narrower neck for the smaller diameter round, designed to shoot a lighter bullet at higher muzzle velocity for flatter trajectory.

In the hunting thread note post #27:

"About half the deer I kill don't have an exit wound. That hasn't been a problem so far. Of course, there's that other half." Note the picture of the exit wound (although the image seems to show a shattered leg).

Seems like the .25-06 with the heavier grain bullets can be used to hunt elk or bear with good effect. High velocity will overcome the relatively lighter bullet to deliver high impact kill shots.

I just watched the first 6 minutes of this interview and Justin has some shifty eyes. He keeps looking up to the left when questioned about the bigfoot encounter. I've heard that's the mind accessing the creative part of the brain indicating deception. Also alot of nervous touching of the face.

Edited by squating squatch

I have no doubt the .25-06 is a great gun for just about any big game in Noth America.....I was questioning the "basketball" size exit hole comment (haven't quite seen that from any hunting load.....it would kind of ruin alot of meat if your hunting)....and something's definitely missing from the story about tracking a 600 pound animal thats "crashing" thru the brush....I've tracked wounded deer with my bow for 100's of yards with no blood trail and found them...they leave tracks, dragmarks,etc...pretty sure a wounded BF that's got a fatal wound would leave a pretty good bloodtrail and other stuff easy to follow....I'm not saying it didn't necessarily happen...just some parts leave some "red flags".

Guest BFSleuth

bighunter, I agree that with the impact of the shot as described by Justin, it is difficult to understand how they could not have found a blood trail or other evidence of where the big one went. He did say it was in the evening, so perhaps light was fading and may have played a part in the difficulties, but it is certainly a red flag.

Yes, I'm aware of that. The neural motor skills linked to the FOXP2 gene , decreased prognathism, descended larynx, 1 to 1 ratio of oral to pharyngeal regions of the vocal tract, leading to the production of quantal vowels thus enabling encoding of vocal utterances. You can hear all that in the recordings.

Right.

Your actually proving Blurry's point.......... since we do not have video or a live specimen to study visually WHILE it's vocalizing? We cannot tie the above "convincing" vocalization to some unknown mythical creature. Occam's razor demands that the most probably explanation is that one of the 300 million Homo Sapiens living in the continental United States that ALREADY possess a FOXP2 gene ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RECORDING.

I've listened to many supposed Bigfoot recordings, and I find very few of them compelling, as opposed to other trace evidence we do have.

Edited by norseman

Well it does make a difference if you have a problem shooting members of the genus homo, and that will affect one's "hero" status if you ask me.

Look, I'm typically not a betting man, but I would wager the farm against your argument in a heart beat..........that your DEAD WRONG.

You may loathe my position and that's your right to do so, but the bottom line is your allowing your own emotions to effect your logic and reasoning.

Do you remember when Mr. Biscardi and his friends who were police officers had a Squatch supposedly frozen in a chest freezer that they shot and killed? I do. And do you remember during their big press conference that the authorities swooped in, in a large sting operation and hauled them off to jail?

Yah neither do I............

Why isn't this Justin Smeja fellow in jail? Certainly until the authorities could assemble a forensics team to go out and study the crime scene and assess whether a crime had been committed against a fellow human being?

Seriously......call your local police dept and tell them that you have been out in the forest shooting Sasquatches all day........and then tell me how that goes for you. Probably lots of laughter, a snide remark about your sanity and a dial tone is what your looking at receiving.

Sure a type specimen is going to change all of that and quickly, commissions will be formed, laws will be passed, enforcement agents and biologists will be hired or reassigned. But they are not going to shoot the messenger bud......whomever drags a type specimen in is going to get a free pass, archaic human or other wise. Now all bets are off with with ANYONE who tries to follow in his foot steps.......and rightfully so, a living breathing Sasquatch no matter his lineage should be protected at all costs.

But it's almost getting to be a cliche concerning the anti kill crowd that they use this scare tactic as some sort of "big stick". If you shoot it..........to prove it's existence then your going to fry on murder one charges. I'm perfectly content spiritually, emotionally, physically and lawfully to remain right where I am..........in the pro kill camp. But if I was apart of the anti kill crowd I would certainly concede the point that nothing is going to happen to some one who collects a type specimen. At least in a negative manner I mean.

Well it does make a difference if you have a problem shooting members of the genus homo, and that will affect one's "hero" status if you ask me.

Norseman, my point stems from possibility they are members of the genus homo. You know this. The only defense for shooting one at this time is ignorance. It is impossible to make an argument for an ethical shooting when not threatened because one can't prove they knew what they were shooting at. I don't expect someone to be legally in trouble due to the fact they can claim ignorance without BF being proven to exist. At the moment, there is a good argument that it is simply unethical unless ones life is threatened. If proven to be from the genus homo, it will also be illegal and immoral, even if they aren't homo sapiens sapiens. I'd be delighted to hear they aren't from the genus homo, but when I hear your wolud be hero "Justin Smeja" say they are "very very human" I have serious doubts that my hypothesis is far from the truth.

southernyahoo- When I talked to Justin he matter of factly stated that he was sure that the subjects he shot were NOT anything close to a human, just saying. ptangier

Guest Luckyfoot

Norseman, my point stems from possibility they are members of the genus homo. You know this. The only defense for shooting one at this time is ignorance.

Don't agree at all. NO papers out, NOTHING proven.

Shooting one AND bringing it in would the best scientific evidence , therefore an awesome reason to shoot one.

Everything else you mentioned is just emotion , not logic.

The reason I couldn't shoot a Squatch, is that I would be thinking 'it is probably a guy in a suit'

And for shooting that, you would be going to jail.