How to Hunt

Kiwakwe, You are right about bears having five toes. I'm a taxidermist who has done many bears and now I am a little embarrassed that I didn't catch that. That pic does look canine ish.

• Like 1

The first picture looks way fake. I'd guess it's CGI because it doesn't look organic; the fact it looks like it's been skipping leg day makes it look way eerie like a horror character than an organic creature would. If it's a physical object at all, it's a statue rather than a costume. And if someone had that clear of a view of a creature with their camera rolling, you'd think they'd have aimed for video instead of a photograph. 

The second picture... I can't say if it looks real or fake because I plain don't know what the heck I'm looking at. 

2 hours ago, Lam90 said:

........Back to the first carcass though, in looking again those limbs don’t look big enough to hold the weight of two large animals (big cat and prey). I think Steve pointed that out. I wouldn’t feel safe on them even without the extra weight of a dead animal.........

I again agree.

........I think Sasquatch would be at the top of the forest hierarchy.......

With the possible exception of brown bears. That is why I believe that the best sasquatch habitat is the best black bear habitat: dense coastal rainforest islands with no brown bears.

Edited by Huntster

4 hours ago, WSA said:

........  I am not thinking  BF caches its kills .  Something with hands has the evolutionary advantage of dismembering a kill and transporting whatever might be left back to wherever it needs it to be handy for later consumption.    

In a forum conversation sometime back some members were discussing this. Meat caching helps explain both eating during winter as well as the rotten smell often associated with sasquatches.

Animals occasionally get left in power lines after flooding.  

I have not watched the full video yet, so maybe this theory doesn't apply here.

1efpOQztGbSFj7YTyw-ZICmR_ZqGNISagV4roxsuM6U.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yup, snow, floods, tornadoes (what goes up...). Not saying I know, but unlike the more unambiguous evidence, this one seems a degree more speculative.  

8 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Animals occasionally get left in power lines after flooding.  

I have not watched the full video yet, so maybe this theory doesn't apply here.

1efpOQztGbSFj7YTyw-ZICmR_ZqGNISagV4roxsuM6U.jpg

I'm going to theorize that a flood didn't put that critter up there, or that pole would have washed away.

Images like that are common. I know how the moose got up there. I don't know about the others.

bobcat4.jpg

moose2.jpg

qzbsCR7.jpg

EQrVf2JdD6bp1U-RwVmOUc9Zi6RkfbPgEnWQ_9lVuGY.jpg

52 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I'm going to theorize that a flood didn't put that critter up there, or that pole would have washed away.

Images like that are common. I know how the moose got up there. I don't know about the others.

bobcat4.jpg

moose2.jpg

qzbsCR7.jpgEQrVf2JdD6bp1U-RwVmOUc9Zi6RkfbPgEnWQ_9lVuGY.jpg

55 minutes ago, Huntster said:

bobcat4.jpg

moose2.jpg

qzbsCR7.jpg

EQrVf2JdD6bp1U-RwVmOUc9Zi6RkfbPgEnWQ_9lVuGY.jpg

I honestly don't know if a flash flood would take down a telephone pole or not.  

Lots of pictures of cows in trees as well that are attributed to aliens and the cattle mutilation phenomenon...but that's a rabbit hole for another day.

• gigantor featured this topic
1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

How did the moose get up there?

I'd like to know as well.   Nature never ceases to amaze me!

What the heck? Is there an explanation for this strangeness I’m not aware of? Having just read the skinwalker ranch book I know what it looks like. 

Someone on YouTube said the white creature looked like an owl mid attack. Anyone else see that? I can’t. 

@Huntster, good point about the grizzlies. I tend to think of Sasquatch as living in black bear habitat,so brown bears didn’t even occur to me. I like your explanation for their smell as well. If big cats and bears cache food and even scavenge I see no reason why bigfoot wouldn’t. 

58 minutes ago, Lam90 said:

What the heck? Is there an explanation for this strangeness I’m not aware of? Having just read the skinwalker ranch book I know what it looks like. 

Someone on YouTube said the white creature looked like an owl mid attack. Anyone else see that? I can’t. 

@Huntster, good point about the grizzlies. I tend to think of Sasquatch as living in black bear habitat,so brown bears didn’t even occur to me. I like your explanation for their smell as well. If big cats and bears cache food and even scavenge I see no reason why bigfoot wouldn’t. 

It's possible because either it's floating or flying . The more you look at it the more it looks like feathers plus no back legs.

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I honestly don't know if a flash flood would take down a telephone pole or not.......

A flood high enough to deposit an ungulate on top of the pole definitely would wash away pretty much everything.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

I'd like to know as well.   Nature never ceases to amaze me!

@Kiwakwe

A line crew north of Fairbanks, Alaska, was hanging wire across a wide gully. The wire was down on the ground when the bull mouse got tangled up in it. Then, on the other side of the gully, @ 1/4 or more mile away, the crew cranked up the winch to tightening it, lifting it into place, and Bullwinkle got hoisted. He dangled and thrashed while somebody went back to find out what was going on. He returned to tell them, and they said, "WTF!?"  By the time they lowered him back down (and I don't know if he was lowered at a low speed or at the same speed as a sack of potatoes dropped from a tall building), Bullwinkle was acting injured. Fortunately, it was moose season.........

https://farmersforum.com/twitter-cow-ends-up-on-telephone-pole-after-hurricane-irma-devastates-sint-maarten/

There seems to be different photos of cows in power lines after storms 'floating' around the net. 

Either raging floodwaters or hurricane force winds...you would think that either one would knock down the poles, but I guess that isn't always the case.

The floods that we just had here a few weeks ago were slow moving waters.  High, but slow moving.  

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I find the whole cattle/deer in a power line or tree intriguing.

Well, if a hurricane can blow a cow up onto a telephone pole, I guess there are a whole lot of ways an ungulate can end up dead in a tree. 

I've seen a peanut stand, and heard a rubber band. I've seen a needle wink its eye. But I be done seen 'bout everythin' when I see an elephant fly........

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic