Bf Behavior Change Now That We Have Thermal & Ir?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Just wondering if anyone has notice a behavior change now that we have thermal and IR? They use to try to sneak closer when they thought we were blind at night? Maybe they don't like our new abilities to spot them in the dark of night even behind cover so they retreat? I just continue to scan instead of looking directly at them, to each their own. wink.gif

Anyways here's a couple of vids from the good people at BFRO

This is JMO but what do other field people think? or maybe the heat is affecting me? huh.gif

tracker dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Just wondering if anyone has notice a behavior change now that we have thermal and IR? They use to try to sneak closer when they thought we were blind at night? Maybe they don't like our new abilities to spot them in the dark of night even behind cover so they retreat?

tracker dry.gif

#1 - How would they ever know about "our new abilities"? (Unless someone blabbed!)

#2 - How would anyone ever know if their behavior changed before researchers had the ability to try to observe them with therm and IR?

#3 - Therm and IR doesn't seem to generally spook any other night animal.

Methinks your over-thinking it a tad.

Edited by slabdog

Tracker, its definitely reasonable for them to see a change in our behavior when they had previously not seen that. Our body language would be different using thermal. Instead of blindly moving around in the dark, we would be facing them with their movements. To them it would mean they are being seen. How do they deal with that?

When they previously messed with us by snapping a twig and we jumped, well we'd no longer jump if we were watching them do it.

Its interesting to see all these various paradigm changing questions come up. These insightful theories are important.

So when we just stand there looking at them when they previously thought they were hidden, would that spur a change in their behavior?

Of course if they regularly use the juju on us anyhow, maybe it won't matter. unsure.gif

Guest tracker

#1 - How would they ever know about "our new abilities"? (Unless someone blabbed!)

#2 - How would anyone ever know if their behavior changed before researchers had the ability to try to observe them with therm and IR?

#3 - Therm and IR doesn't seem to generally spook any other night animal.

Methinks your over-thinking it a tad.

no not really. if they stop their approach because we turn and look right at them using thermal. that's not over thinking it's a direct observation. that they know we can see them now.

Guest tracker

Tracker, its definitely reasonable for them to see a change in our behavior when they had previously not seen that. Our body language would be different using thermal. Instead of blindly moving around in the dark, we would be facing them with their movements. To them it would mean they are being seen. How do they deal with that?

When they previously messed with us by snapping a twig and we jumped, well we'd no longer jump if we were watching them do it.

Its interesting to see all these various paradigm changing questions come up. These insightful theories are important.

So when we just stand there looking at them when they previously thought they were hidden, would that spur a change in their behavior?

Of course if they regularly use the juju on us anyhow, maybe it won't matter. unsure.gif

First of all it's challenging to right these threads. So I put question marks in because i want to discus it with others. If they have field experience even better. IMO they are puzzled by our new abilities to spot them using out tech.

Anyways now were on the right track thanks PT. wink.gif

juju your referring to their magnetic field or their scream zap? Hey i already did a thread on that. smile.gif

Guest VaBigfoot

As far as I've seen, there is no verifiable thermal footage of a Bigfoot/Sasquatch creature to date. Yes, people and groups claim they have thermal footage but as we have seen on Animal Planet and the re-enactment of the Greene footage that was clearly a human, and it's my opinion that it's Greene himself in the video. His contradictions on what happened after the video clearly indicate some underlying motive, my thoughts anyway. The term Greene used "You Can't Fool a Thermal Imager" demonstrates inexperience in understanding thermal imaging equipment. A thermal camera can be programmed to make things look much hotter than they actually are, so the image will look like someone wearing no clothes. Even with all the YouTube thermal footage out there I have yet to see a video that convinces me that a Bigfoot has been filmed and that’s coming from someone who has been trained by FLIR in the use of their equipment and has spent 13 years using thermal imaging equipment in this research and at my day job. Just because someone claims they have thermal video of a Bigfoot doesn’t make it so, but if people want to believe it, that’s their decision.

When I started using thermal imaging in the field 13 years ago, I thought I would see a Bigfoot behind every tree, unfortunately that was not the case, far from it. I didn't see one Bigfoot creature anywhere, even driving along the back roads in the research vehicle at 2:30am with the thermal camera looking 360 degrees, I didn't see one. I was very surprised at the lack of animals that were out at that time of the morning, I thought there would be more. I hope someone does obtain some good thermal video of a Bigfoot but as with any video evidence, it must be documented with other collaborating evidence. As for the Bigfoot creatures knowing we use thermal imaging devices to look for them, don't think so.

Guest dr hook

The more we look, and as the technology improves the possibility of finding Bigfoot are diminished, it is increasingly becoming a "harder sell" IMO.

I have plenty of thermal and IR experience (military not BF related) and we would get animal signatures all the time. If you are not picking up Bigfoot, then it is not around. Justifying negative results to behavioral change (thermal/IR related)is not reasonable IMO.

I will say right now that I don't believe in Sasquatch, no evidence supports it's existence, but I would really like for it to be true, and that is why I enjoy 'Squatchin.

The more widespread the "sightings" the less likely it exists, I find it disheartening to find reports from all over the country. When it was confined to a narrow Northwest corridor, we could attribute a lack of evidence on it's elusiveness, but with widespread sightings we are watering down the legend.

Now with newer technology, and a surge in popularity, the part of me holding for the wonderful news of this incredibly cool creature's existence is shrinking daily. Sorry for the rant, but if we are net getting thermal, we are simply not seeing them. As I have said before, the standards have changed, and fuzzy pictures, depressions, wood knocking etc. just doesn't hold water, the 1970's are long gone. We have come no farther than Ivan Marx's "Legend of Bigfoot" movie, his stuff is as credible as anything I have seen, and that film is.............well, you know what!

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
....widespread sightings we are watering down the legend.

Believe it confined to the PNW if you must; but believe me, when you have a personal sighting anywhere outside the PNW

(as have I) the only thing you'll be watering down is the inside of your pant leg. Keep on Squatching! :rock:

Guest dr hook

Believe it confined to the PNW if you must; but believe me, when you have a personal sighting anywhere outside the PNW

(as have I) the only thing you'll be watering down is the inside of your pant leg. Keep on Squatching! :rock:

I would love to see Bigfoot! :)

Guest Darrell

I have plenty of thermal and IR experience (military not BF related) and we would get animal signatures all the time. If you are not picking up Bigfoot, then it is not around. Justifying negative results to behavioral change (thermal/IR related)is not reasonable IMO.

I also have a lot of military experience useing night vision and thermal imaging devices. Maybe BF is smarter than an Iraqi or Taliban insurgent, but they sure did'nt get the clue we had the ability to see them at night, and they we getting killed! Unless the BF possess an advanced inteligence developing the learned behaviour to counter current technology could take many, many years. Also given that this technology has been available for only a few years would make it highly improbable the BF could rapidly adapt their behaviour. Just as an aside, looking thru a Bradley Thermal sight, Abrams Thermal Sight, or Driver's thermal viewer as used on the M2 BFV, M1 Abrams, MRAP and ASV vehicles the definition is so good you can recognize facial features. In fact looking thru a DTV is like looking at a black and white TV. You dont get the red and orange blobs like you see on all the BF shows. You would also be suprised at the clarity of the military grade PVS 7B/PVS 14 NVGs we used. But most of this technology is beyond the reach of most BF enthusiests. One of our platoons lost a PAS-13 Thermal Weapons Sight and the cost assessed to the survey was, IIRC $16,000. So given the rudementary technology available to most BFer's I cant see them adapting to the equipment.

Guest tracker

. As for the Bigfoot creatures knowing we use thermal imaging devices to look for them, don't think so.

Your right but it's not knowing we have the devices it's some knowing we can see them now at night. That changes things when they were use to sneaking right up to us unseen IMO. smile.gif

The more widespread the "sightings" the less likely it exists, I find it disheartening to find reports from all over the country. When it was confined to a narrow Northwest corridor, we could attribute a lack of evidence on it's elusiveness, but with widespread sightings we are watering down the legend.

I've had personal difficulty describing very similar feelings. Thanks for sharpening my outlook.

I would love to see Bigfoot! :)

& i would love to see someone seeing bigfoot watering down the inside of said pants legbiggrin.gif

even if i thought they would figure out the new "night sight"capability of the " little feet", i dont know if id bring it up.

cause whether or not it was meant to be an excuse( & i am not saying it is, i get what tracker is saying) it does sound like some of the same old same old concerning game cams, roadkills, etc. etc., always an evolving "reason" why no proof.......and would be used as another reason/argument by some to dismiss the possibility of BF. IMO, of course.

Edited by slicktrick

When I started using thermal imaging in the field 13 years ago, I thought I would see a Bigfoot behind every tree, unfortunately that was not the case, far from it. I didn't see one Bigfoot creature anywhere, even driving along the back roads in the research vehicle at 2:30am with the thermal camera looking 360 degrees, I didn't see one. I was very surprised at the lack of animals that were out at that time of the morning, I thought there would be more. I hope someone does obtain some good thermal video of a Bigfoot but as with any video evidence, it must be documented with other collaborating evidence. As for the Bigfoot creatures knowing we use thermal imaging devices to look for them, don't think so.

Bam! Perfect response from a well respected researcher who has seen one of these creatures with his own eyes and who uses such technology.

Not readily seeing BFs after the introduction of IR and therms likely means one of two things:

1 - BFs don't exist...or

2 - BF's are very very very very rare and not simply hanging out in the outskirts of every campground in America.

Be cautious trying to over explain every blessed thing.....because eventually it takes you down a dark and curvy road that dead ends at the answer: "Because we can't see it, Bigfoot must be a space alien mind reader with magical shape shifting powers from the 6th dimension"

Edited by slabdog

Have they caught on to our new capabilities already??

Really? This is what your pondering?

I have to admit that this is not as strange as "Does BF's Enjoy the Fireworks?" or "Any Revenge From The Sierra Kills?" but still this seems to be giving the unknown way to much credit.

We may not be far from having a thread named "Which Star Wars episode do you think BF's would like the best?"

Me personally I like the Empire Strikes Back but I see BF liking Revenge of the Sith cause of all the Wookie characters. What do you think?

It seems like we're grasping at straws just to have something to talk about when in reality there really isn't anything new with bigfoot. When the hell is this Ketchum Project going to be out? If it's true there will be plenty to talk about.