Bf Behavior Change Now That We Have Thermal & Ir?

Guest tracker

PP (Polypodium), I think you're defaulting to sensationalism here whereas Tracker brings up a solid point. BFs are master observers; therefore, they would notice if our attention is specifically drawn to their exact location -- whether they knew why or not.

Darrell, considering the 27X markup of toilet seats and claw hammers, I think that a number of BF researchers could afford military-grade thermal imagers. ;)

Guest BuzzardEater

I think slabdog has it right. Someone blabbed.

If BFs are human they will have human attributes, like friends. I do not think BFs could remain unclassified if they didn't have current information. If you look at the issue from a historian's perspective, we didn't catch them when we got radios, either. Yet, this must have seemed magical! We didn't catch them using airplanes or helicopters. We didn't find them with snow machines or 4x4s. None died when farmers of the era sprayed everything with DDT.

As well, the BF must gather thier own information.

I bet when confirmation comes and the stigma is lifted, numerous pilots will come forward from the Vancouver area border patrol. Drug smugglers and BF follow the same corridors, here. The agencies involved know the difference, I am sure. As far as I know, nobody has ever leaked information about any misidentifications and they do catch a lot of smugglers.

Edited by BuzzardEater

Guest tracker

Have they caught on to our new capabilities already??

Really? This is what your pondering?

I have to admit that this is not as strange as "Does BF's Enjoy the Fireworks?" or "Any Revenge From The Sierra Kills?" but still this seems to be giving the unknown way to much credit.

We may not be far from having a thread named "Which Star Wars episode do you think BF's would like the best?"

Me personally I like the Empire Strikes Back but I see BF liking Revenge of the Sith cause of all the Wookie characters. What do you think?

It seems like we're grasping at straws just to have something to talk about when in reality there really isn't anything new with bigfoot. When the hell is this Ketchum Project going to be out? If it's true there will be plenty to talk about.

Actually I am not pondering at all. I purposely worded the descript that way to open some eyes of Bf's abilities and intelligence. Were still hung up on the fact that they are only considered as smart as Apes and there's is only a dozen or so living in the PNW. And the sightings in other places are all misidentifications. Wrong. JMO

Edited by tracker

Bam! Perfect response from a well respected researcher who has seen one of these creatures with his own eyes and who uses such technology.

Not readily seeing BFs after the introduction of IR and therms likely means one of two things:

1 - BFs don't exist...or

2 - BF's are very very very very rare and not simply hanging out in the outskirts of every campground in America.

Or it might mean the BF heard his camera equipped research truck coming down the road & hauled butt outta there....if they were there initially.

Guest VaBigfoot

Bam! Perfect response from a well respected researcher who has seen one of these creatures with his own eyes and who uses such technology.

Not readily seeing BFs after the introduction of IR and therms likely means one of two things:

1 - BFs don't exist...or

2 - BF's are very very very very rare and not simply hanging out in the outskirts of every campground in America.

Be cautious trying to over explain every blessed thing.....because eventually it takes you down a dark and curvy road that dead ends at the answer: "Because we can't see it, Bigfoot must be a space alien mind reader with magical shape shifting powers from the 6th dimension"

Slabdog,

Thank you for the kind words!

I wish I had some concrete evidence to back me up but I can say these creatures do in fact exist. Saw one while metal detecting with two FBI Agents in the woods of Culpeper VA., in 1995. What we witnessed was a flesh and blood Bigfoot creature, not a person in a suit or a bear. It was mid-afternoon about 70 degrees and the creature was 75 feet away from us. We saw hair, skin, muscles and even random hair discoloration on its back. At that precise moment, my life changed. I wouldn't be spending all my time and money on a misidentification, these creatures exist and they seem to be scattered all over the place but in limited numbers. The thermal cameras are a great research tool in the hands of serious researchers, but they can also help individuals create and pull off a hoax. I've studied all the so-called thermal Bigfoot videos and it's my opinion that no one has captured thermal video of a Bigfoot creature yet no matter who they are or what group they belong to. I do believe thermal imaging equipment will be an important tool in the discovery of these creatures, it will just take time.

Guest tracker

Slabdog,

I wish I had some concrete evidence to back me up but I can say these creatures do in fact exist. Saw one while metal detecting with two FBI Agents in the woods of Culpeper VA., in 1995. What we witnessed was a flesh and blood Bigfoot creature, not a person in a suit or a bear. It was mid-afternoon about 70 degrees and the creature was 75 feet away from us. We saw hair, skin, muscles and even random hair discoloration on its back. At that precise moment, my life changed. I wouldn't be spending all my time and money on a misidentification, these creatures exist and they seem to be scattered all over the place but in limited numbers. The thermal cameras are a great research tool in the hands of serious researchers, but they can also help individuals create and pull off a hoax. I've studied all the so-called thermal Bigfoot videos and it's my opinion that no one has captured thermal video of a Bigfoot creature yet no matter who they are or what group they belong to. I do believe thermal imaging equipment will be an important tool in the discovery of these creatures, it will just take time.

You guys know each other from another forum? how would he know that since your both relatively new here?

Guest VaBigfoot

You guys know each other from another forum? how would he know that since your both relatively new here?

I don't think I know Slabdog. Back on the old BFF my member number was in the low 300's so I have been here for a while. I have been actively conducting research since my sighting in 1995. I also spoke at the Texas, Ohio and East Coast conferences so maybe he knows me from there.

William Dranginis

Manassas, VA.

www.VirginaBigfootResearch.Org

Guest tracker

I don't think I know Slabdog. Back on the old BFF my member number was in the low 300's so I have been here for a while. I have been actively conducting research since my sighting in 1995. I also spoke at the Texas, Ohio and East Coast conferences so maybe he knows me from there.

William Dranginis

Manassas, VA.

www.VirginaBigfootResearch.Org

I see said the blind man smile.gif Is your encounter posted here?

Slabdog,

You welcome Sir. They were fully intended as such because I respect your approach and hard work...even though I am a skeptical-hopeful (in other words, I'm the ultimate non-committal BF coward :lol: ) You don't make excuses for not capturing BF on a video, you try to find ways around that...exactly how it should be.

I wish I had some concrete evidence to back me up but I can say these creatures do in fact exist.

I'm convinced that it will most likely be someone like you, Cutino, Baracman etc who will eventually get that footage. I just wish you too researched in the PNW - simply for purposes of sheer odds.

I do believe thermal imaging equipment will be an important tool in the discovery of these creatures, it will just take time.

I agree!....or at least I hope I agree ;)

Guest tracker

You welcome Sir. They were fully intended as such because I respect your approach and hard work...even though I am a skeptical-hopeful (in other words, I'm the ultimate non-committal BF coward :lol: ) You don't make excuses for not capturing BF on a video, you try to find ways around that...exactly how it should be.

I'm convinced that it will most likely be someone like you, Cutino, Baracman etc who will eventually get that footage. I just wish you too researched in the PNW - simply for purposes of sheer odds.

I agree!....or at least I hope I agree ;)

If you guys are finished complimenting each other, can we get back on topic now? wacko.gif

Edited by tracker

Here's a thought for researchers.....

(not trying to make work for you actual researchers...I'd do it myself if I didn't reside 12 or more hours away from any area that is even considered remotely "squatchy" )

Has anyone considered either consistently positioning themselves, and thus their thermal / IR equipment, either high up in a tree stand (higher than a typical tree stand) or below ground in a pre-dug spider hole? I don't mean once or twice....but rather consistently. Same place, same spot, each time.

If your concern is a BF noticing you behaving differently, then why not place yourself in a position in which they cannot see you at all.

If BF truly exists, wouldn't the odds be on your side with this approach as opposed to the random walkabout?

This might be a really bad comparison, but think about this:

Let's say there's a part of your town which is plagued with convenience store robberies of which the authorities suspect is being conducted by one or two individuals.

There are 10 convenient stores in that particular part of town.

The Police have two cost effective options to stop the robberies, both of which will be an investment of overtime:

Option 1 - Pay a uniformed patrol officer overtime to drive around to each of the 10 stores and hope that he times one of the patrols just right so as to catch the robber in the act

or

Option 2 - Pay an undercover officer overtime to observe only one location or alternate daily between two or three locations.

Despite the fact that he will likely be frustrated as he hears robberies occur at stores other than the one he is at, I think eventually the odds will be in the favor of the undercover officer committed to one or two target locations.

It may take him a month worth of overtime...but eventually they will likely catch the robber in the act at the store(s) he was dedicated to.

Why couldn't the same approach apply to BF research.

Robbers (also smart bipeds) don't want to be caught...and apparently neither to BF's.

Pick one spot, and make it a "good one" (i.e. not on the edge of the same KOA campground that you've never seen BF at before..even your sure you've heard him making hoot owl sounds :unsure: ). I mean a good one! One that takes you an hour to get to.

Set up your tree stand or dig your trench, get out of the line of sight, and wait with your therm.

...But I'm sure I'll soon find that everyone is already doing that....and already suspects that birds and worms are tipping off BF.

(kidding!)

Edited by slabdog

Admin

Unless BF can see into the IR spectrum and somebody is using an active IR illuminator, I do not believe that they change their behavior. I believe that they do not have a grasp on the idea of "technology" and therefore cannot appreciate it capabilities or uses. Just my 2 cents, since you asked.... :)

If you guys are finished complimenting each other, can we get back on topic now? wacko.gif

And this was "on topic:?"

Unless BF can see into the IR spectrum and somebody is using an active IR illuminator, I do not believe that they change their behavior. I believe that they do not have a grasp on the idea of "technology" and therefore cannot appreciate it capabilities or uses. Just my 2 cents, since you asked.... :)

William:

Would it be possible for any animal to see light emitted from a thermal imager?

I guess what I'm asking... (trying reeeeeeeeeeally hard to keep this on topic Tracker...so let me know if I do OK)...if the concern is a creature with extraordinary night vision "seeing" light emissions that humans cannot see, which would be the best option:

IR?

or

Therm?

Slab

Edited by slabdog

Admin

Slabdog, you did not ask me, but I am guessing not. I have never heard of a IR or thermal imager picking up the "transmissions" of another imager. If there were a problem, I would suspect that the military would have some guidelines in place so as to not give away ones position by doing so. I have never heard of any such constraints or restrictions. Maybe some of you that are familiar with military IR equipment can weigh in on this (dr hook?).