Jump to content

Small time players in the big industry of Bigfoot YouTubing


Recommended Posts

Arvedis

As of right now,

  • The Squatch Detective has a mere 1.4k hits after 4 days of his latest video posting.
  • Michael Merchant, aka "Snow Walker Prime", has a paltry 800 hits after 1 day.
  • A video titled "Talkin Squatch with Russell Acord Sasquatch Summit 2017" has barely 40 hits over 2 years.
  • Russell Acord Interview Pt 1 has 17 views over 1 month.

  • MK Davis discusses the true story behind the Patterson film, 50k views over 7 years

 

I can't follow the arguments of Squatch Detective Steve Kulls but it sounds like Steve Isdahl, the Bluff Creek Massacre hoax, Russell Acord, #IStandWithBob,  a guy in a BF costume posed like he is taking a leak,  and clickbait are somehow all intertwined in his hilarious blog entry: https://squatchdetective.wordpress.com/2020/04/21/mr-clickbait-not-so-genuine-after-all-massacre-pt-ii/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
bipedalist
BFF Patron

SquatchD is/has been a private eye, used to be a moderator on this forum (hosts the internet TV show with Chris who was also an admin/mod on this forum, and actually has exposed a good deal of BF impostors over time such as Todd Standing. Check out his BF Hall of Shame https://squatchdetective.weebly.com/hall-of-shame---searching-for-bigfoot--tom-biscardi.html and you will get a more rounded view of such things.  He did get caught up in some early controversy with at least one of the early BF hoaxers but you will have to look that up yourself-- he apologized, learned from his mistake and moved on.  He does some field research also.  I don't agree with everything he says, hate his use of the color yellow in his html which you can't read but otherwise he attempts to provide a service to the Sasquatch community which can oftentimes be a breath of fresh air. I drop in on the show every once in a while. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
9 hours ago, Arvedis said:

As of right now,

  • The Squatch Detective has a mere 1.4k hits after 4 days of his latest video posting.
  • Michael Merchant, aka "Snow Walker Prime", has a paltry 800 hits after 1 day.
  • A video titled "Talkin Squatch with Russell Acord Sasquatch Summit 2017" has barely 40 hits over 2 years.
  • Russell Acord Interview Pt 1 has 17 views over 1 month.

  • MK Davis discusses the true story behind the Patterson film, 50k views over 7 years

 

I can't follow the arguments of Squatch Detective Steve Kulls but it sounds like Steve Isdahl, the Bluff Creek Massacre hoax, Russell Acord, #IStandWithBob,  a guy in a BF costume posed like he is taking a leak,  and clickbait are somehow all intertwined in his hilarious blog entry: https://squatchdetective.wordpress.com/2020/04/21/mr-clickbait-not-so-genuine-after-all-massacre-pt-ii/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I mentioned this in one of the other threads...love them or hate them, Isdahl, Paulides, et al. have online support and popularity in orders of magnitude greater than most of these Bigfoot celebrities.  I chalk it up to how unlikeable and elitist most of the more established folks are...

 

We were coming home from an overnight outing and one of the little mountain towns we were driving through was having a Bigfoot festival. On a whim we detoured to check it out.  

 

We stuck our heads in to one of the presentations which was being put on by a member of the BFRO who I guess has some name recognition.  All it consisted of was constant name dropping of other BFRO minor celebrities.  People in the audience began to trickle out after about ten minutes.

 

This is a field where very little has been proven, so it is easy to present yourself as an expert to those with a casual interest in the subject. It attracts a certain sort of person, I guess.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Incorrigible1

A great way to keep abreast of the wide world of bigfoot.

 

I look forward to honest reviews from BFF members.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

SquatchD is/has been a private eye, used to be a moderator on this forum (hosts the internet TV show with Chris who was also an admin/mod on this forum, and actually has exposed a good deal of BF impostors over time such as Todd Standing. Check out his BF Hall of Shame https://squatchdetective.weebly.com/hall-of-shame---searching-for-bigfoot--tom-biscardi.html and you will get a more rounded view of such things.  He did get caught up in some early controversy with at least one of the early BF hoaxers but you will have to look that up yourself-- he apologized, learned from his mistake and moved on.  He does some field research also.  I don't agree with everything he says, hate his use of the color yellow in his html which you can't read but otherwise he attempts to provide a service to the Sasquatch community which can oftentimes be a breath of fresh air. I drop in on the show every once in a while. 

I would have to put Kulls into that group of Bigfoot minor celebrities that does more harm than good to the public interest in the subject.  

 

To each his own, but his self appointed role as Bigfoot evidence hall monitor rubs me the wrong way.  Hoaxes hurt the credibility of the field, but I think that he has latched on to the uncovering of frauds as his own way to Bigfoot fame.  Also, guys who play dress up to investigate loose a lot of credibility right off of the bat.  Is he looking for Bigfoot or going to initiate dynamic entry on its cave?  He is free to dress as he wants, but others are free to kind of look at it as larping.

 

I don't hate him, and if he is a friend of yours I mean no disrespect to you, but he and that Rictor guy are perfect examples of why I think that Isdahl got so popular so quick in the Bigfoot world.  The little bit of reading that I did on their social media showed constant mentions of Isdahl's status as on outsider and newcomer as being a point of contention.  Honestly, the Gimlin stuff aside, it smacked of jealousy.

 

 

It was just mentioned to me to look at Rictor's Instagram page for his artistic interpretation of the Bluff Creek drama.

 

Regardless of your feelings on him or the Bluff Creek Massacre, it is some funny stuff... even though it is pretty vulgar.

 

However, he is getting 10 or 20 likes per post.  Isdahl is getting thousands.  In a day and age where almost everyone is on social media, stuff like that can be a pretty good indicator of how the Bigfoot world is trending.  Expect Scott Carpenter to sell a lot of books this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
starchunk
10 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I would have to put Kulls into that group of Bigfoot minor celebrities that does more harm than good to the public interest in the subject.  

 

To each his own, but his self appointed role as Bigfoot evidence hall monitor rubs me the wrong way.  Hoaxes hurt the credibility of the field, but I think that he has latched on to the uncovering of frauds as his own way to Bigfoot fame.  Also, guys who play dress up to investigate loose a lot of credibility right off of the bat.  Is he looking for Bigfoot or going to initiate dynamic entry on its cave?  He is free to dress as he wants, but others are free to kind of look at it as larping.

 

I don't hate him, and if he is a friend of yours I mean no disrespect to you, but he and that Rictor guy are perfect examples of why I think that Isdahl got so popular so quick in the Bigfoot world.  The little bit of reading that I did on their social media showed constant mentions of Isdahl's status as on outsider and newcomer as being a point of contention.  Honestly, the Gimlin stuff aside, it smacked of jealousy.

 

 

It was just mentioned to me to look at Rictor's Instagram page for his artistic interpretation of the Bluff Creek drama.

 

Regardless of your feelings on him or the Bluff Creek Massacre, it is some funny stuff... even though it is pretty vulgar.

 

However, he is getting 10 or 20 likes per post.  Isdahl is getting thousands.  In a day and age where almost everyone is on social media, stuff like that can be a pretty good indicator of how the Bigfoot world is trending.  Expect Scott Carpenter to sell a lot of books this year.

 

 

The larger narrative from Social Media in the last week or so is the revival yet again of the Bluff Creek Massacre "theory" if you buy into that. And Facebook being Facebook it appears that you have the Ishadl/Scott Carpenter combo taking the MK Davis side of the Massacre theor, and many who are loyal to Bob Gimlin including Russel Accord and Kulls taking it as an attack on bob's legacy, making it another exercise in bigfooter politics. Whether you think the massacre theory has any meat to the bone is up to the reader or in Youtube's case, watcher I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster

Excellent thread topic, Arvedis. YouTube sasquatchery is the current game of fame, hoaxing, and moneymaking for the little guy (as opposed to reality tv for the networks, and the conferences for organizations). 

 

Another area of sasquatchery that surprised me was Class B movies. You know the ones; a couple or group of campers go into the woods, and the bigfoot hunts them in the dark. Lots of screaming from the foxy young women until the poor homo sapien is ripped to shreds. There are A LOT of these flicks out there. I didn't realize it until I ran a search on Amazon Prime using "bigfoot" and "sasquatch" as query words. Holy moly!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Acolyte

Anyone else listen to the Bigfoot Outlaws? I'm interested to see other peoples opinions of them since they aren't discussed much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
6 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Excellent thread topic, Arvedis. YouTube sasquatchery is the current game of fame, hoaxing, and moneymaking for the little guy (as opposed to reality tv for the networks, and the conferences for organizations). 

 

Another area of sasquatchery that surprised me was Class B movies. You know the ones; a couple or group of campers go into the woods, and the bigfoot hunts them in the dark. Lots of screaming from the foxy young women until the poor homo sapien is ripped to shreds. There are A LOT of these flicks out there. I didn't realize it until I ran a search on Amazon Prime using "bigfoot" and "sasquatch" as query words. Holy moly!

That and the low budget Sasquatch comedies.  There's a ton of them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
1 minute ago, Acolyte said:

Anyone else listen to the Bigfoot Outlaws? I'm interested to see other peoples opinions of them since they aren't discussed much.

I used to listen to them in the early days, but the drama and the b. s. got too thick.

 

They apparently know every single behavioural trait of Sasquatch.  Every.  Single.  One.  

 

When Bear started showing up on the podcasts drunk it really hit a low.  Is he still going on the FB page drunk and threatening to fight habituators?  And the group had that angry old woman who would ban habituators and pro-kill people at the drop of a hat, or anyone else for that matter who she felt was questioning her.  She started a Facebook page on dogmen, but it was just filled with lonely old women who talked about dogman the way that some people talk about Bigfoot...gentle creatures totally in tune with nature who want to spiritually awaken mankind.  People would get on there and discuss the usual dogmen stories, which are typically more frightening in nature and the lonely grandma brigade would dog pile them (pun intended).  I always thought that it was about to cross the line into dogman erotica there, and might very well have after I got bored and left.

 

The outlaws constantly needed to up the game on their Bigfoot expertise.  When I stopped listening you would have thought that they had a dozen living in tents in the backyard.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Acolyte
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I used to listen to them in the early days, but the drama and the b. s. got too thick.

 

They apparently know every single behavioural trait of Sasquatch.  Every.  Single.  One.  

 

When Bear started showing up on the podcasts drunk it really hit a low.  Is he still going on the FB page drunk and threatening to fight habituators?  And the group had that angry old woman who would ban habituators and pro-kill people at the drop of a hat, or anyone else for that matter who she felt was questioning her.  She started a Facebook page on dogmen, but it was just filled with lonely old women who talked about dogman the way that some people talk about Bigfoot...gentle creatures totally in tune with nature who want to spiritually awaken mankind.  People would get on there and discuss the usual dogmen stories, which are typically more frightening in nature and the lonely grandma brigade would dog pile them (pun intended).  I always thought that it was about to cross the line into dogman Erotica there, and might very well have after I got bored and left.

 

The outlaws constantly needed to up the game on their Bigfoot expertise.  When I stopped listening you would have thought that they had a dozen living in tents in the backyard.  

 

I listen to them basically as a form of comedy. You're right though that most of them claim that Bigfeet are literally in their backyards. They have so many absolutely ridiculous stories that I still listen just to hear what they're going to come up with next. My favorites are Bear getting "bluff charged" by a Bigfoot and barely escaping it by pulling a ninja move and jumping into a truck and the one about the entire group being surrounded by a "troop" of screeching Bigfeet in Oklahoma. To hear them tell it, Bigfoot is more common in the woods that raccoon and squirrels and the only reason people don't see it is because they're a bunch of city slickers.

 

 

The podcast isn't nearly as entertaining since Bear and Coonbo had a falling out though. They sort of fed off each other's bull.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
1 minute ago, Acolyte said:

 

I listen to them basically as a form of comedy. You're right though that most of them claim that Bigfeet are literally in their backyards. They have so many absolutely ridiculous stories that I still listen just to hear what they're going to come up with next. My favorites are Bear getting "bluff charged" by a Bigfoot and barely escaping it by pulling a ninja move and jumping into a truck and the one about the entire group being surrounded by a "troop" of screeching Bigfeet in Oklahoma. To hear them tell it, Bigfoot is more common in the woods that raccoon and squirrels and the only reason people don't see it is because they're a bunch of city slickers.

 

 

The podcast isn't nearly as entertaining since Bear and Coonbo had a falling out though. They sort of fed off each other's bull.

I remember one story where a member of the Outlaws got picked up and carried away by a Sasquatch.  It supposedly had him overs its shoulders.

 

They claimed that the guy drew his sidearm and fired a round off next to its ear.  It got startled and dropped the guy; who just stood up, dusted himself off, and went back to investigating.  Just another day as a Bigfoot Outlaw.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
49 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I remember one story where a member of the Outlaws got picked up and carried away by a Sasquatch.  It supposedly had him overs its shoulders.

 

They claimed that the guy drew his sidearm and fired a round off next to its ear.  It got startled and dropped the guy; who just stood up, dusted himself off, and went back to investigating.  Just another day as a Bigfoot Outlaw.

At that point, what are you even investigating?  I think that you could be considered as having it all figured out by that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The outlaws constantly needed to up the game on their Bigfoot expertise.  When I stopped listening you would have thought that they had a dozen living in tents in the backyard.  

 

The most frustrating part of bigfootery is taking the time and effort to separate fact from fiction. Some accounts are easy to pick apart but when they mix good clues with questionable ones, it becomes a wash.

 

Bear and Coonbo have a gift of storytelling. There are some areas that don't line up to reality but it's not all fiction. They did get into the field with regularity, took others with them who also experienced interaction. People came from all over the place to be on their field outings. If their guests are in on an overall prank of fooling the audience then it is one heck of a prank. I have the same problem with Sasquatch Chronicles. It's set up as a business so Wes doesn't have to get a real job. He has to come up with fresh content weekly. Most of it is reasonable but some shows are so over the top noise that it just makes a mockery of things.

 

My peeve is, is it worth all of that effort to prank? What are these folks getting out of it?

Edited by Arvedis
Link to post
Share on other sites
spacemonkeymafia
8 hours ago, Acolyte said:

Anyone else listen to the Bigfoot Outlaws? I'm interested to see other peoples opinions of them since they aren't discussed much.

I like listening. Good entertainment to burn up some brain cells with, like watching a movie you don't get wrapped up in.

Does anyone listen to Creek Devil with William Jevning? He can come across a little pompous sometimes. He has decent guests on though. 

His co-host Brian gets on my nerves asking stupid questions to the guests and William.

Bigfoot Odessy had good documentary style videos. He hasn't done any in a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Arvedis changed the title to Small time players in the big industry of Bigfoot YouTubing
×
×
  • Create New...