Jump to content

Small time players in the big industry of Bigfoot YouTubing


Recommended Posts

Arvedis
3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Hmmm....

 

To each his own, but the Outlaws always came across as pure storytellers to me.  The story about the guy being picked up by a Bigfoot and carried away was out there.  They claimed that the guy pulled his pistol and fired a round off next to the Bigfoot's ear so that it would drop him. 

 

To anyone else involved in this field, that would be a once in a lifetime experience.  To the Outlaws, it was just another story.  No big deal at all.  Not even the story that they lead with.  It just comes up in the conversation.

 

People who present themselves as being experts on every single aspect of these creatures, their movements, their diet, their mating habits, and their behavior yet are able to present no proof come across as snake oil salesmen to me.  They know with absolute certainty where these creatures are going to be, as well as when and why they are going to be there.  

 

That weird little power struggle when they broke up should have told you all that you needed to know about them. 

 

They even said that they could explain the horrible smell that is associated with these creatures, because they knew of a pond with a sulphur smell where the creatures regularly took long baths.  They claimed that the sulphur bath was to keep ticks off.  

 

To me, that amount of detailed knowledge either comes from long-term observation or it's cut out off whole cloth.  It's obvious that they enjoy the attention, so why not produce some sort of evidence?  If you are having constant close contact with these creatures spread out over several years, you should be bound to be able to get something, right?

 

 

Totally agreed. The question really becomes, how do people spin yarns so fast and clear, AND can recall details of what they said years later without breaking stride. Bear and Coonbo were not the only people doing that. Seems to be a skill.  If their bigfooting experiences are not true, it's one heck of a time wasting hobby to be a raconteur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Kaienn777
On 4/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, spacemonkeymafia said:

I like listening. Good entertainment to burn up some brain cells with, like watching a movie you don't get wrapped up in.

Does anyone listen to Creek Devil with William Jevning? He can come across a little pompous sometimes. He has decent guests on though. 

His co-host Brian gets on my nerves asking stupid questions to the guests and William.

Bigfoot Odessy had good documentary style videos. He hasn't done any in a while.

I do, and I often ask myself- If Jevning knowing full well Brian struggles with stammering and nervousness, why in the world does he continue to place Brian in the spotlight? I feel bad for the guy honestly because hes trying, he really is. Its just not for him.

 

Bigfoot Odessy is nice, i wait for the next documentary. Its nice to see boots on the ground style content. Any suggestions? Tired of SasChron and Creek Devil.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
7 hours ago, Kaienn777 said:

I do, and I often ask myself- If Jevning knowing full well Brian struggles with stammering and nervousness, why in the world does he continue to place Brian in the spotlight? I feel bad for the guy honestly because hes trying, he really is. Its just not for him.

 

Bigfoot Odessy is nice, i wait for the next documentary. Its nice to see boots on the ground style content. Any suggestions? Tired of SasChron and Creek Devil.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the host SasChron used to be a thoroughly entertaining podcast.  Now, he focuses too much on interviewing 'Bigfoot celebrities', which he used to continually say that he would never do.  I guess that even a popular show will run out of encounters after awhile.

 

Creek Devil has some great guests, but the hosts are terrible.  I try every couple of months to give them a chance but I can't sit through an entire show.

 

Honestly, the only podcast that I listen to regularly is Strange Familiars... however, that's more of a full spectrum weirdness kind of show and not focused entirely on Bigfoot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
OldMort
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the host SasChron used to be a thoroughly entertaining podcast.  Now, he focuses too much on interviewing 'Bigfoot celebrities', which he used to continually say that he would never do.  I guess that even a popular show will run out of encounters after awhile.

 

 

I think Wes is an excellent host and that's why I keep listening to his show.

 

Yes, too much focus on bigfoot "celebrities" lately. They sure like to talk about how special they are etc.

 

True about running out of encounters after awhile, the latest episode being a prime example of that.

 

This most recent "guest" appears to be truly off the charts schizophrenic. I had to turn it off.   https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep671-the-reason-i-search-for-these-creatures-members/

 

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Honestly, the only podcast that I listen to regularly is Strange Familiars... however, that's more of a full spectrum weirdness kind of show and not focused entirely on Bigfoot.  

 

I enjoy this show as well.  The discussion is usually on a much more intelligent level than most of these types of shows.

 

Consequently, it may not be for everyone...

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
19 minutes ago, Twist said:

I’m going to check out Strange Familiars, sounds good for my drive to and from work.   Thanks!

Timothy Renner (the host) is a real Renaissance Man.  He does all of the work on both sides of the microphone, does the show art, makes all of the music associated with the show...a very talented individual with an encyclopedic knowledge of the strange... Some of his stuff is out there, but it's still enjoyable to listen to.

 

Not to mention, he has a very pleasant voice and a polished delivery... which is a rarity in this field.  So many of the hosts out there sound like a 4th grader reciting a book report in front of the class.  Over pronounced words, strange pauses, a monotonous tone...

27 minutes ago, OldMort said:

 

I think Wes is an excellent host and that's why I keep listening to his show.

 

Yes, too much focus on bigfoot "celebrities" lately. They sure like to talk about how special they are etc.

 

True about running out of encounters after awhile, the latest episode being a prime example of that.

 

This most recent "guest" appears to be truly off the charts schizophrenic. I had to turn it off.   https://sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep671-the-reason-i-search-for-these-creatures-members/

 

Lol.  I think that guest was the guy who was on the recent show with a fellow named 'Chuey'.  

 

They both sounded like they were just making it up as they went along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NorthWind
43 minutes ago, OldMort said:

 

I think Wes is an excellent host and that's why I keep listening to his show.

 

 

I like him, too. Voice is easy to listen to, and he never mocks his guests.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
OldMort
30 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Lol.  I think that guest was the guy who was on the recent show with a fellow named 'Chuey'.  

 

They both sounded like they were just making it up as they went along.

 

Yep, that's the one! 

 

What a load of absolute rubbish...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the host SasChron used to be a thoroughly entertaining podcast.  Now, he focuses too much on interviewing 'Bigfoot celebrities', which he used to continually say that he would never do.  I guess that even a popular show will run out of encounters after awhile.

 

Yea, any weekly Bigfood podcast is going to run out of topics. Wes set up his operation as a business model and figured weekly output would engage users enough to warrant the monthly subscription (which at last look was reasonable). The problem is weekly is an exhausting pace. You are fully immersed in Bigfoot as a career if you do that.

 

Podcasts are not simple. The one caveat to make it easier is a big budget. You can make things a lot easier with $ which is how Joe Rogan manages to be the world's #1 podcast. He has someone take care of the editing and miscellaneous details that would consume a lot of time. I'm not sure Wes has that kind of help but he does manage to show an aptitude with the tech that most other BF podcasts don't have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

The one thing that I liked about Wes was his low key delivery.  There are not constant pleas to like and subscribe to him on various platforms, not does he constantly beg for listeners to become paying subscribers.  He relied on the quality of his content to gain paid subscribers.  Up until recently, it was worth it for the 7 bucks a month that he charges.  Now, it's like The Tonight Show, with a different researcher on each week to plug their video or book.  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The one thing that I liked about Wes was his low key delivery.  There are not constant pleas to like and subscribe to him on various platforms, not does he constantly beg for listeners to become paying subscribers.  He relied on the quality of his content to gain paid subscribers.  Up until recently, it was worth it for the 7 bucks a month that he charges.  Now, it's like The Tonight Show, with a different researcher on each week to plug their video or book. 

 

I haven't tuned in lately. He does have a good radio voice. I guess he found his calling.

 

Once you run out of topics on a radio show, best thing to do is get some yappers to fill the dead air. He used to have Bob Garrett as a frequent guest. They made up a whole rabbit trail of unbelievable, completely outlandishly fake stories. Garrett is a former miner so he has spent hours around a campfire BSing.

 

$7 a month is low. I thought it was $10 or $12. Maybe he is catering to his demographic and staying within what he knows they will pay. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
5 hours ago, OldMort said:

 

Yep, that's the one! 

 

What a load of absolute rubbish...

 


Are you British?

Link to post
Share on other sites
OldMort

^^^ Yes I was born there but have lived in the USA for the last 57 years.

 

I still like to use some of their expressions from time to time though. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
BFF Donor
5 minutes ago, OldMort said:

^^^ Yes I was born there but have lived in the USA for the last 57 years.

 

I still like to use some of their expressions from time to time though. 

 

 


My grandfather was born there, his family moved to Calgary when he was small. He then immigrated to Seattle as an adult, where my father and I were born. But I was raised on a ranch outside Kettle Falls, Wa. My dad hated Seattle! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
34 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

 

I haven't tuned in lately. He does have a good radio voice. I guess he found his calling.

 

Once you run out of topics on a radio show, best thing to do is get some yappers to fill the dead air. He used to have Bob Garrett as a frequent guest. They made up a whole rabbit trail of unbelievable, completely outlandishly fake stories. Garrett is a former miner so he has spent hours around a campfire BSing.

 

$7 a month is low. I thought it was $10 or $12. Maybe he is catering to his demographic and staying within what he knows they will pay. 

 

Lol.

 

I think Bob Garrett is basically "He Shall Not Be Named" nowadays.  

 

Once he got busted for ripping people off for tours that never took place, he was never mentioned again on the show.  I have to admit, the government kill teams/Mr Black days were entertaining.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...