Small time players in the big industry of Bigfoot YouTubing

Arvedis

2 hours ago, gigantor said:

Hahaha...  me too. I remember Steve Kulls as a moderator, he gave me several warning points  :)

Rictor was also here for a while, he was ok when he was here. There is some original artwork he drew around here somewhere.

Kulls and Rictor both?

Kind of glad that I missed the old days.  Lol.  

I just take an instant dislike to self appointed hall monitors.  If someone is a fake or a hoaxer, it will come out on its own to anyone with any sense.  I don't need anyone telling me what I should think or feel.  It's probably a personality flaw on my part, and maybe he is a decent human being.

I also take the subject seriously, but I like to have fun with it as well.  These Bigfoot figures who take themselves too seriously don't appeal to me.  

The little that I know about Rictor is all negative.  I have seen him threaten people online and talk about fighting them outside of conventions.  Stuff like that.  I don't spend a lot of time on other Bigfoot pages, so if I am seeing it....well, it probably happens all of the time.  

Good lord.  When I read what I just wrote, I really realize how exhausting the personalities in this field are sometimes...

1 minute ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Coonbo was a trip.

Lol.  I bet.

I should track down some of his old posts.  The older parts of the forum are just so voluminous though.

Did he talk about literally every aspect of their behavior, diet, migration patterns, breeding habits, and general biology constantly? 

Also, let me guess...he called them 'boogers', because that's what we call them in the South.

1 minute ago, Incorrigible1 said:

And sexual preferences. ;-)

Those poor horses...

At least they got their hair braided out of the deal...

• Haha 1

Before I left Facebook that last time, Bear would get drunk and get on the BFO page and threaten to find and beat up habituators.  It was beautiful insanity, man.  Just beautiful.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Admin
19 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I just take an instant dislike to self appointed hall monitors.

They weren't like that back then.

6 minutes ago, gigantor said:

They weren't like that back then.

I guess that even a small degree of fame does strange things to people. 

I didn't listen to the Outlaws when Coonbo used to post here, he was a wealth of information and it's too bad he left. Also, it's a shame that old posters' names somehow expire so it's impossible to search using them. At least if one searches the names, responses will sometimes lead to their old posts. I came to really enjoy the Outlaws and some of their posse on Ytube. I'm always interested in Oklahoma, having ties there, and the South in general. There are a couple other related channels I've really enjoyed and thought about starting a thread, which I still may do.

BFF Patron
On 6/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, gigantor said:

Hahaha...  me too. I remember Steve Kulls as a moderator, he gave me several warning points  :)

Rictor was also here for a while, he was ok when he was here. There is some original artwork he drew around here somewhere.

Rictor definitely got the art thing down but I had to do some counseling with him behind the scenes that didn't quite work out, sort of like the bigfoot bk man dude too who unkindly turned the tables on me in one of his flamethrowing critiques of the BFF on his blog, I was not the lone ranger on that piece though, lol.  Oh well, you can lead cows to water......

23 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Kulls and Rictor both?

Kind of glad that I missed the old days.  Lol.  

I just take an instant dislike to self appointed hall monitors.  If someone is a fake or a hoaxer, it will come out on its own to anyone with any sense.  I don't need anyone telling me what I should think or feel.  It's probably a personality flaw on my part, and maybe he is a decent human being.

I also take the subject seriously, but I like to have fun with it as well.  These Bigfoot figures who take themselves too seriously don't appeal to me.  

The little that I know about Rictor is all negative.  I have seen him threaten people online and talk about fighting them outside of conventions.  Stuff like that.  I don't spend a lot of time on other Bigfoot pages, so if I am seeing it....well, it probably happens all of the time.  

Good lord.  When I read what I just wrote, I really realize how exhausting the personalities in this field are sometimes...

Lol.  I bet.

I should track down some of his old posts.  The older parts of the forum are just so voluminous though.

Did he talk about literally every aspect of their behavior, diet, migration patterns, breeding habits, and general biology constantly? 

Also, let me guess...he called them 'boogers', because that's what we call them in the South.

Coonbo answers:  yep, yep and yep

On 4/25/2020 at 10:01 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Jevning is an odd duck.

He left SQ because he was so worried about his reputation, but his Mr Black/Bob Garrett stuff did more to torpedo his reputation than SQ ever could.  

His show intro is flat out amazing and he usually has pretty interesting guests on.  However, his personality and voice doesn't lend themselves to radio/podcasts.  That, and the continual name dropping gets old fast.  I don't find many of the well known researchers that interesting, so I am not interested in hearing their names continually dropped in order to get some sort of weird Bigfoot street cred.

I enjoy listening cryptozoology podcasts while I am working, but there are honestly so few of them that are done well.  I couldn't do any better myself, so I understand the difficulty in making a good show.    

Not an author I would choose to read again, thats for sure, wasted $

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JKH said:

I didn't listen to the Outlaws when Coonbo used to post here, he was a wealth of information and it's too bad he left.

What ever happened to Coonbo?  He was very good and contributed greatly to my general knowledge of the field.  He certainly knew his stuff.

He's apparently still getting around down south. If you search for him on ytube, there are interviews from a year or two ago. I guess he fell out with the Outlaws awhile back, but has no lack of folks who want to tromp around the woods. I think many group together and share a lot on face book, which I don't, so couldn't say more.

I'm pretty much a neophyte when it comes to Bigfoot social media.  I hate hoaxes and liars and most of what I see on YouTube is just that.

I grew up in the same area where Grover Krantz was last a professor and would see him occasionally in public.  My stepdad's best friend was a professor at WSU and friends with Grover.  I was never really that concerned with Bigfoot, but was aware enough to know that Grover was a giant in the field.  I wish I would have had the occasion to talk to him about it, but he retired when I was in my 20's and I was busy raising a family.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:42 PM, NCBFr said:

What ever happened to Coonbo?  He was very good and contributed greatly to my general knowledge of the field.  He certainly knew his stuff.

There was some kind of falling out or disagreements in that circle of researchers. I'm sure it is documented somewhere. I liked the podcasts. I tried to be skeptical but those Outlaw group outings always produced results.  How do you fake encounters when 2 or more people are seeing it?  Even when they go into their solo adventures, it seems legit. I cannot believe those guys would be able to script such action. Unless some people are really good storytellers and can think fast and remember ALL of the details so they can repeat it all more than once.

Can't tell the popularity of Bigfoot Outlaw podcasts because the channel refreshes the videos every so often so they have low numbers now.

Edited by Arvedis

Hmmm....

To each his own, but the Outlaws always came across as pure storytellers to me.  The story about the guy being picked up by a Bigfoot and carried away was out there.  They claimed that the guy pulled his pistol and fired a round off next to the Bigfoot's ear so that it would drop him. 

To anyone else involved in this field, that would be a once in a lifetime experience.  To the Outlaws, it was just another story.  No big deal at all.  Not even the story that they lead with.  It just comes up in the conversation.

People who present themselves as being experts on every single aspect of these creatures, their movements, their diet, their mating habits, and their behavior yet are able to present no proof come across as snake oil salesmen to me.  They know with absolute certainty where these creatures are going to be, as well as when and why they are going to be there.  

That weird little power struggle when they broke up should have told you all that you needed to know about them. 

They even said that they could explain the horrible smell that is associated with these creatures, because they knew of a pond with a sulphur smell where the creatures regularly took long baths.  They claimed that the sulphur bath was to keep ticks off.  

To me, that amount of detailed knowledge either comes from long-term observation or it's cut out off whole cloth.  It's obvious that they enjoy the attention, so why not produce some sort of evidence?  If you are having constant close contact with these creatures spread out over several years, you should be bound to be able to get something, right?