BF poo

Moonface

Anyone found what they believe to be this? What are the telltale signs?

Also, do BFs have any sort of toileting etiquette (e.g. having a designated area for doing their business)?

SSR Team

If it's in water, we got problems in finding it..;)

What I've heard is you can tell the difference between bear scat and sasquatch scat by the smell.  Bear scat will smell fruity or grainy while sasquatch scat stinks like ours does.  

On the etiquette question, I read one account where a person said after the squatch took a dump it wiped with its fingers and licked its fingers.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The only poo I've ran across in the woods that was big enough to be BF poo was the largest pile of bear poo I've ever seen in my life.  Deposited right next to a giant blackberry patch about a mile from my cabin.  It was probably about half a gallon worth of excrement and obviously full of berries.  Had to have been a 400+ lb black bear, which is very big for around here.  

• 2 weeks later...

This is bear poo.  Now officially the biggest pile I've seen at around a foot across.  Most definitely Grizzly.  Found last week on Marble Mountain, Idaho.

lrtPsHAcTfCUfjUmFFWssw.jpg

BFF Patron
On 8/27/2020 at 6:46 PM, jayjeti said:

What I've heard is you can tell the difference between bear scat and sasquatch scat by the smell.  Bear scat will smell fruity or grainy while sasquatch scat stinks like ours does.  

On the etiquette question, I read one account where a person said after the squatch took a dump it wiped with its fingers and licked its fingers.  

The licker must've been a Bin Laden relative

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Bear scat will smell fruity or grainy while sasquatch scat stinks like ours does. 

They taste differently too.

• Haha 1

BFF Patron
26 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

They taste differently too.

Uhh that was @jayjeti s quote on the "fruity and grainy granola poo" Cat, not mine, just sayin'

must be clear on who holds the expert witness poo knowledge base hereabouts, if the poo fits own it

At least now I know what a pant-load might look like if i saw a BF in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by hiflier

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a few piles of poo that I'm pretty sure must have been BF.  It would be right in the middle of the road or trail.  Like it was done as a marker or be seen.  What I saw looked just yours or mine might, except for two things.  It contained a lot of plant matter and berries, and it was HUGE.  Like about the diameter of a Coke can and nearly 24 inches long.  I used to have some pictures, but it was before the digital days and I'm sure they are no more.

17x7

6 hours ago, 17x7 said:

I have seen a few piles of poo that I'm pretty sure must have been BF.  It would be right in the middle of the road or trail.  Like it was done as a marker or be seen.  What I saw looked just yours or mine might, except for two things.  It contained a lot of plant matter and berries, and it was HUGE.  Like about the diameter of a Coke can and nearly 24 inches long.  I used to have some pictures, but it was before the digital days and I'm sure they are no more.

17x7

So now we know why they howl in the night......

• Haha 4