BF poo

Moonface

Speaking of poo...  My dad and I went over to my brother's house in the suburbs yesterday to help him put the hard top back on his Jeep and he said he was pretty sure a bear wandered through his yard.

He said he found bear scat in his yard.  So we went out back to inspect it and at first glance, it did look like a smaller pile of bear poo.  But, his yard is fenced in with 4' high chain link fence and surrounded by homes.

We determined that it was indeed raccoon poo.  A particularly large specimen has been spotted in the area.

IMG_20200927_162541184.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My old phone was destroyed so I can't post the photo, but on a bike ride in B.C. Canada I found an odd bit of poo directly in the trail. It looked like human poo but was about 3" in diameter and 9-10" long. Reddish-brown color, like rust. I'd seen plenty of bear scat by that time; this was nothing like that. I had just ridden through an area of forest where there were all sorts of 'Xed' trees and the like, and about 5 minutes after taking the photo I heard a 'Whoop!' up on the side of the mountain right over the trail.

6 hours ago, salubrious said:

My old phone was destroyed so I can't post the photo, but on a bike ride in B.C. Canada I found an odd bit of poo directly in the trail. It looked like human poo but was about 3" in diameter and 9-10" long. Reddish-brown color, like rust. I'd seen plenty of bear scat by that time; this was nothing like that. I had just ridden through an area of forest where there were all sorts of 'Xed' trees and the like, and about 5 minutes after taking the photo I heard a 'Whoop!' up on the side of the mountain right over the trail.

<Sigh>

On 10/13/2020 at 10:57 AM, BC witness said:

Can I ask where in BC you were riding? If it's near me, i'd like to check the area out.

Yes. The road is known as the Wigwam trail, and is just north of the American border. Its over the Galton Pass from Roosville, Montana. The road is closed to motorized traffic so you'll either have to hike in or ride a bike. The southern end of the road crosses the river; the area where this happened is about 3-5 miles north. At that point the mountain west of the road is roughly parallel to it and this was about 1/2 way to 2/3 long the length of that mountain. BTW if you are driving to the area you have to come in from the north- the Galton Pass road will not get you to the Wigwam trail.

Thanks for that info, salubrious. That area is a day's drive east of me, and I haven't been over that way in nearly a decade.  At that time I hunted elk in the Yahk headwaters, and rode my mtn bike on several old logging railway grades that were closed to motorized traffic. I spotted more game doing that than I did hiking or driving; on one 3 hour ride, I saw a cow and calf moose, a cow and calf elk, literally dozens of whitetails, a black bear, and finally a monster bull moose that wouldn't get off the trail, no matter what I did, so I turned around and let him own it!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, salubrious said:

Yes. The road is known as the Wigwam trail, and is just north of the American border. Its over the Galton Pass from Roosville, Montana. The road is closed to motorized traffic so you'll either have to hike in or ride a bike. The southern end of the road crosses the river; the area where this happened is about 3-5 miles north. At that point the mountain west of the road is roughly parallel to it and this was about 1/2 way to 2/3 long the length of that mountain. BTW if you are driving to the area you have to come in from the north- the Galton Pass road will not get you to the Wigwam trail.

That’s above Eureka MT on lake koocanusa?

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2020 at 8:04 PM, norseman said:

That’s above Eureka MT on lake koocanusa?

Above Eureka, but actually to the east, not all that far from a boarder crossing. West side of the river.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

,i found this fresh pile the day before thanksgiving while deer hunting on old logging road. What do yall think? It does not look like normal bear scat that I see quite a bit.

20201125_125313.jpg

On 8/28/2020 at 1:10 AM, PNWexplorer said:

The only poo I've ran across in the woods that was big enough to be BF poo was the largest pile of bear poo I've ever seen in my life.  Deposited right next to a giant blackberry patch about a mile from my cabin.  It was probably about half a gallon worth of excrement and obviously full of berries.  Had to have been a 400+ lb black bear, which is very big for around here.  

So you 🤔.  I’ve ran into some big piles. I always assume it’s bear. But I did take a sample once. And after awhile in the freezer my wife got rid of it. 

Well it kind a looks like two scoops of chocolate ice cream. LoL  But I know that this is not what that is. I know that there was one time that I was up in a stand and I really had to go number two.  So my only option was to ruin my hunt and just drop my pants  next to my stand. Then move my stand some where else. So is it possible that this might be the case of another hunter ?

I did not see any paper near by, guess they could of forgot it if not prepared. I was bout two miles back in national forest doing slow stalk for deer. No stink of that I remember, but super fresh. I was only vehicle in the single vehicle spot in front of gate. One of those quiet rainy,foggy days in the woods

Well the next question would be is there other parking spots where hunters can enter ? Even though you might be the only one in front of a gate there might be other gates where others may enter.  I once found this poo up in Northern Michigan which was long and brown. It had two prints and the poo was in the middle. But I felt some thing wrong with it. I felt like it was a hoax. Like the party that was with us . One in the party was playing a trick on us. It was just to obvious and in the open so that it would be found.

So in other words it looked to human. But then again I or the other researcher that was with me have never seen what Bigfoot poo really looked liked. So pictures were taken and pictures of the prints were taken and that's was it. Not sure what happen to the photo's though. This took placed back in 2002 I think. I held back on this info since I honestly thought that it was a hoax on us by the party that was with us for that weekend. All i can say is that the tracks did match what we had encountered as well as the heel to heel stride length. But why would this creature leave it's evidence right in the open in our case ?

So you really have to think about your finding's. Have you ever found tracks in the area that you hunt ? have you ever heard unexplained sounds where you hunt as well ? Also ask your self have you ever felt un comfortable in this area of where you hunt ?  If you answer yes then you can say that maybe this finding's might belong to the big guy.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, 7nakedyeti said:

,i found this fresh pile the day before thanksgiving while deer hunting on old logging road. What do yall think? It does not look like normal bear scat that I see quite a bit.

20201125_125313.jpg

Looks like obvious dog poo.  Whatever made it was obviously eating a consistent diet of cheap dog food.  No wild animal left that, or even a human.