Rifle Slings

NatFoot

She's almost as pretty as my native canoe instructor, but I don't think I can post that image here ;-)

Just now, BC witness said:

She's almost as pretty as my native canoe instructor, but I don't think I can post that image here ;-)

On topic, I hadn't heard of the rubber slings before, does Cabellas handle that brand?

On 12/31/2020 at 4:14 PM, BC witness said:

........ I hadn't heard of the rubber slings before, does Cabellas handle that brand?

I first saw a Slogan Outdoors rubber sling at an outdoor show here in Palmer, Alaska. I was immediately impressed with it, but thought it was too expensive, so didn't buy one. After a few years using Browning nylon All Weather slings, I decided to finally get the rubber one to try it. I couldn't find one at any store, nor at major online suppliers. I had to do a bit of digging, but found Slogan online and ordered one. I've since bought a few more for my other hunting rifles.

http://www.sloganoutdoors.com

• Thanks 1

@NatFoot

You might want to look at blue force for a possible nylon sling.

Tactical Slings | AR-15 Slings | AR Slings | AK Slings | AR 15 Slings (blueforcegear.com)

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

@NatFoot

You might want to look at blue force for a possible nylon sling.

Tactical Slings | AR-15 Slings | AR Slings | AK Slings | AR 15 Slings (blueforcegear.com)

Holy cow - how cool. Just messing around with some of their custom options and got this....definitely think I'll be ordering from them, probably not a custom version though. You can select every single piece from a series of dropdowns.

Big upvote and thanks!

Screenshot_20210102-095359.png

The good thing is that they slide nice and tight and easy with a pull. Yes, very cool.

If you look up Boonie Packer Safari Slings on Amazon, you will see a very unique sling designed to be carried in the ready to shoot position as well as conventional way. I have friends that use them and love them , as they are versatile.

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

If you look up Boonie Packer Safari Slings on Amazon, you will see a very unique sling designed to be carried in the ready to shoot position as well as conventional way. I have friends that use them and love them , as they are versatile.

Looking at them and can't figure out what makes them different from any other sling?

38 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Looking at them and can't figure out what makes them different from any other sling?

They are different, never used one but looks interesting:

28 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

They are different, never used one but looks interesting:

Awesome. Ok...I can definitely see the benefit there.

That'd be a great gun for grizzly country as well, on a 45-70.....

Thanks @Doug!

I'll be ordering one of these as well.

The reason I never bought a Safari Sling is because I normally hunt 3 to 6 miles behind gate. With a backpacK being a must in those situations, the sling doesn't work well with a pack on. The one posted above by norseman would be better for a pack.