Bigfoot Groups and Organizations

Believer57

Hi,

I am seeing both organization and disorganization (chaos) in the Bigfoot world. There are many groups and organizations that appear to be honestly investigating the existence of bigfoot. There are also many individual efforts doing similar investigating and/or broadcasting of their knowledge to others. So far, the BFF, which contains some of these individuals, is the only entity that I am aware of where you can interact with other enthusiasts. Granted, you must still join the "club" but the interaction is much more organized than reading a bunch of comments or seeing a bunch of comments scroll by the screen. 

Due to the huge amount of groups and organizations, it can be difficult at times to separate the wheat from the chaff. Is there a list somewhere of these organizations or groups? Or is it just a big free for all?

This is just a partial list of the groups I have been reading or viewing or listening to. The only rating system is in my mind. Does anyone else do this in an attempt to organize the disorganization?

Alberta Sasquatch Organization

BFRO

Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo

Bigfoot Odyssey

Bigfoot46555

Bob Gymlan

Canam Missing Project (Missing 411)

Colorado Bigfoot

Cryptid Seeker

Driftless

Hidden Existence

Mountain Beast Mysteries

Rocky Mountain Sasquatch Organization

Sasquatch Genome Project

Scott Carpenter

Survivorman - Les Stroud

Sylvanic Bigfoot

The Facts By Howtohunt.com

The Olympic Project

The Sasquatch Archives

ThinkerThunker

The Bigfoot Forums

Thomas Steenburg

Hi Believer57,

I am not sure what you are looking for exactly.  Your list contains a mixture of research groups, individual researchers, podcasts, youtubers, and our forum.  

If you are looking for a comprehensive list of anyone and everyone who is associated with the search for Bigfoot...I wouldn't even begin to tell you how to find it.  Podcasts, youtube channels, and Facebook groups come and go constantly.  

If you are looking for a list of large research groups , then the main ones right now are probably the BFRO, the Olympic Project, and NAWAC.  The Bigfoot side of Missing 411 is NABS...I am not sure how active that organization is now.  

I don't know if there is a list of Bigfoot podcast/youtube programs.  There are a million out there, but I find myself listening to the same few every week. 

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1

Bigfootery is all about self discovery. Check out the podcast sites and do keyword searches.

I will rearrange your list for optimal usability.

The Bigfoot Forums

Thomas Steenburg

The Olympic Project (which is MonsterX radio podcast)

Sometimes Useful

BFRO

There's plenty more but I was just working from the list you posted.

Edited by Arvedis

15 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

If you are looking for a comprehensive list of anyone and everyone who is associated with the search for Bigfoot...I wouldn't even begin to tell you how to find it.  Podcasts, youtube channels, and Facebook groups come and go constantly.

Yes, you got it. I was mainly asking, "Am I missing something?" Since I am relatively new to this research topic, I found it a bit odd that there are so many "islands". It reminded me of how all the law enforcement agencies worked decades ago. Serial killers like Ted Bundy realized that they could roam the U.S. to stay safe.

8 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Bigfootery is all about self discovery. Check out the podcast sites and do keyword searches.

Thank you both for the additional sources! Shall I add Sunny Vator to the list? LOL! The noise level can be quite high until you get experienced with searching and finding true information.

By chance, I happened to watch an episode of the original "In Search Of" yesterday. It was from season 3 called, "Monsters". Of course, one of them was Bigfoot. To my surprise, they kind of explained why individual groups had formed to discover the creature instead of scientists or federal agencies. It still rang true today...almost 45 years later! I also got to see a very young John Green.

Cheers!

Edited by Believer57
  • Upvote 1

A lot of those islands are due to the many conflicting theories and personalities in this field.  

Since so many people have such passionately held beliefs about the nature of this phenomenon, delay groups develope along those lines.  Pro-kill, no kill.  Flesh and blood vs paranormal.  Humanlike vs apelike.  

David Paulides, Les Stroud, Scott Carpenter, and the howtohunt guy have all kind of aligned due to some shared beliefs.  Then, there are groups who are vehemently opposed to them.  

As far as the noise levels go...one man's noise is another man's music.  What I consider to be useless sometimes made up information,others might see as the gospel truth.  

If you are looking for decent podcasts on the subject, you can add Sasquatch Chronicles (although Arvedis will disagree with me on that one) and Bigfoot Eyewitness Radio.  William Jevnings puts out a podcast called Creek Devil, which I don't care for but others enjoy.  NAWAC has a podcast called Apes Among Us that is pretty informative.

Facebook groups have been more than useless for me at least, with the exception of sometimes finding a regional news piece on the subject that I might otherwise have missed.  I am sure that there are tiny little nuggets of gold scattered among the dirt there, but I don't have time to sift for it.  The same goes for Reddit groups.  Most of those groups from both platforms are filled with Bigfoot memes, pictures of Bigfoot coffee mugs,and barely literate diatribes attacking those who have broken the author's personal code of Bigfooting.  

Honestly, these forums are probably the best way to get a wide range of theories and connect with other researchers.  Like everywhere else, there's a lot of conflicting theories here, but everyone meshes together we'll enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just my observations. I was passively interested in BF topics around 2012. I found a very high level of toxicity in the bf community. Not just on FB, it was bloggers and newish podcasts. Internal divisions and public harassment, criticisms, forced several good researchers out of the game. 

Things have subsided a bit since then in my view but people are still ready to pounce at first signs of egotism. Some of it warranted (like todd standing) but not everyone deserves the public scorn. People start out with good intentions and then it goes bad and becomes a magnet for attacks and weird sub genres like Sasquatch Ontario and others.

Edited by Arvedis

Admin

You have to remember that there is a lot of competition in the BF community to be 'the first", because of expected fame and fortune that comes with real proof. Therefore, few are willing to unite with others to advance the agenda. Most everyone, talking organizations here, not individuals, are as BRB said, islands. Not willing to share or work with other groups. Just part of the territory. And again as BRB said, they all have differing goals and organizational cultures that inhibit/prohibit collaboration with other groups. Best way I know of to start cataloging groups is with a web search. Then start looking at links on each of those sites to jump to other ones. Be aware, a lot of what is listed, may no longer be active or still in business. There are a plenty of "here today, gone tomorrow" sites out there.

Maybe I'm dense and I just don't see it. I've never seen anything from any researcher that could be considered proof enough to protect or come close to validate BF as a species. There is some good research worthy of protecting from internet scrutiny. But then those people or groups can't help themselves and post to FB, yt or podcasts anyway.

I totally understand the need to close ranks but then they don't do anything with the info except watch it fade to obscurity and lament what could have been. Aka olympic project nests.

Edited by Arvedis

Thanks guys, great comments!

What VAfooter and BRB said is pretty much what I am doing. However, it requires skill sets that I feel many people do not have; hence all the hoaxing popularity for a good majority. Facebook and Twitter are probably the worst and I stay off those sites. I am not sure if you can get paid for views on those sites as on YouTube. I suppose that things will eventually settle out and there will be some form of self-regulating among serious enthusiasts. The amount of information can be overwhelming at times so it helps to get some sanity checks and organization on the BFF.

As for evidence, we all have our favorites. Here are some of mine.

• Video - PGF
  • Video - Paul Freeman Footage
  • Audio - Sierra Sounds
  • Audio - GuyInIndiana's incredible recording
  • Thermal - Stacy Brown Sr. - The skunk ape run behind the tree
  • Casts - Endless excellent footprints
  • Casts - Skookum imprint

Guyinindiana's audio is excellent. It's it proof? Sure sounds like it but thankfully it is has not yet been picked up on by the boneheads seeking to discredit everything, creating endless youtube videos trying to disprove it, going bit by bit and using every molecule of data as evidence of hoax. And who is this guy in indiana? Maybe he's an audio tech who knows how to create hoaxes, etc. This forum is kind of a safe haven from such idiocy but put it out there and the numbnutz come out to play.

Sorry, skookum is an elk cast and Freeman's footage can't be trusted, even though it is compelling and he had no tech expertise, he's also created hoaxes in his past (casts).

Edited by Arvedis

21 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

NAWAC has a podcast called Apes Among Us that is pretty informative.

I've been looking at the NAWAC Web site and they look very organized. I remember reading something on Area X before so perhaps I missed the association. Coincidently, I happened to watch episode 8 of The Lowe Files last night called, "Wood Apes". Season 1 from 2017 is now available on Prime. The episode features the NAWAC and was very interesting!

16 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Sorry, skookum is an elk cast

Do you have a link to this conclusion? I am not a hunter so I don't understand why an Elk would lay down to reach some apples.

16 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Freeman's footage can't be trusted, even though it is compelling and he had no tech expertise, he's also created hoaxes in his past (casts).

I think he was a country bumpkin without much technical expertise and stumbled across these creatures only because they were literally in his backyard. There were plenty of good looking casts made by others that visited his home unscheduled. Trusted or not, the creature videos seemed consistent with a Patty-like appearance and they weren't blob squatches. Do you have a list of evidence favorites?

Cheers!

• Upvote 1