Bigfoot Groups and Organizations

Believer57

10 hours ago, Believer57 said:

I've been looking at the NAWAC Web site and they look very organized. I remember reading something on Area X before so perhaps I missed the association. Coincidently, I happened to watch episode 8 of The Lowe Files last night called, "Wood Apes". Season 1 from 2017 is now available on Prime. The episode features the NAWAC and was very interesting!

Do you have a link to this conclusion? I am not a hunter so I don't understand why an Elk would lay down to reach some apples.

I think he was a country bumpkin without much technical expertise and stumbled across these creatures only because they were literally in his backyard. There were plenty of good looking casts made by others that visited his home unscheduled. Trusted or not, the creature videos seemed consistent with a Patty-like appearance and they weren't blob squatches. Do you have a list of evidence favorites?

Cheers!

It's old news, used to be a big debate. So old that former BFF members have fallen into obscurity. Also http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/skookum_hokum.htm

15 hours ago, Somerset said:

Where can i hear the above?

This one is the best all-in-one recording from the time the creature walks up to the creek to the time it leaves. However, there are also four other recordings on his channel. 

13 hours ago, Arvedis said:

It's old news, used to be a big debate. So old that former BFF members have fallen into obscurity. Also http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/skookum_hokum.htm

Thanks for the links! That was one long thread about 10 years ago. I don't like to see them closed. It seems to happen here on the more controversial topics.

I've been reading the rather dated, "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" book by Dr. Meldrum. Chapter 5 is on the Skookum Body Cast. He and others seem to cover all the bases so it is nice to see other angles and opinions on the subject. My other source of information on this topic came from the BFRO Skookum page.

Unrelated, I just happened to catch the latest video from the Bigfoot Odyssey channel. Last night they were streaming it. I found it interesting because I have seem these videos before and they even mentioned that the guy was helped by someone from the BFF to post here instead of Reddit. I felt sorry for the guy as he ended up moving his kids and wife because he felt in danger. It seemed that his young boy was being targeted by a Sasquatch. Talk about being traumatized! It was either a timing coincidence or the fact that he moved his kids and the visitations stopped. I also wonder if the possibility of luring them in with fruit played a part...although they had been coming for a time before that. 

Edited by Believer57

Closed threads can be reopened upon request. It's been dine several times.

And there is a thread here on that Oklahoma visitation experience. The owner put forth that the activity seamed to be seasonal starting in December for several years although it would seem that this year has been quiet since we haven't heard from him.......yet.

Thanks! That must be where I originally saw the video since I don't go on Reddit. The clip of that shadow going by is super creepy!

1 hour ago, Believer57 said:

Thanks for the links! That was one long thread about 10 years ago. I don't like to see them closed. It seems to happen here on the more controversial topics.

I've been reading the rather dated, "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" book by Dr. Meldrum. Chapter 5 is on the Skookum Body Cast. He and others seem to cover all the bases so it is nice to see other angles and opinions on the subject. My other source of information on this topic came from the BFRO Skookum page.

Unrelated, I just happened to catch the latest video from the Bigfoot Odyssey channel. Last night they were streaming it. I found it interesting because I have seem these videos before and they even mentioned that the guy was helped by someone from the BFF to post here instead of Reddit. I felt sorry for the guy as he ended up moving his kids and wife because he felt in danger. It seemed that his young boy was being targeted by a Sasquatch. Talk about being traumatized! It was either a timing coincidence or the fact that he moved his kids and the visitations stopped. I also wonder if the possibility of luring them in with fruit played a part...although they had been coming for a time before that. 

Yeah, myself and another now inactive member found AtariBF (the guy with activity in oklahoma) on reddit and I spoke with him about coming here to discuss his problem.  I messaged with him awhile on Reddit before I convinced him that he would probably be better served over here than on reddit. Our member Photog went out there and gave him some hands on assistance, until the crypto-tainment community moved in and tried used his case as advertising for their festival.  My words, not photog's.

If I recall correctly, the main activity slowed down and his family has returned... unless something has started up again.  I haven't spoken to AtariBF in a while.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 5:17 AM, Believer57 said:

I am not a hunter so I don't understand why an Elk would lay down to reach some apples.

They said that there was elk tracks all over that area, so, I believe that the elk or something before the elk got there, ate the apples and then after the apples were eaten, the elk laid down in the cool of the mud like elk typically do in a wallow (a wallow is a muddy area that elk like to lay in and roll around in) and left the imprint that they casted.  I have hunted deer and elk for over 40 years and that cast , to me, looks to be consistent with the elk beds that I have seen. 

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, myself and another now inactive member found AtariBF (the guy with activity in oklahoma) on reddit and I spoke with him about coming here to discuss his problem.  I messaged with him awhile on Reddit before I convinced him that he would probably be better served over here than on reddit. Our member Photog went out there and gave him some hands on assistance, until the crypto-tainment community moved in and tried used his case as advertising for their festival.  My words, not photog's.

If I recall correctly, the main activity slowed down and his family has returned... unless something has started up again.  I haven't spoken to AtariBF in a while.

Family stayed in Arkansas from January till mid March of 2020..I brought them back due to Covid in the town they where staying in Arkansas..

I became aware of activity early November and it peaked in December.. continued activity till June..

One thing that wasn't put in the Bigfoot Odyssey doc that I spoke about was the conversation I had with the local school folks and my son mentioning Bigfoot and after a heated discussion, it was the boys last day at that school...that was in September.

With a concern of activity starting again around Nov and with the meeting at the school..wife didn't want to be the crazy Bigfoot family at the school teacher conferences..

Wife and kids moved to Arkansas, I traveled back and forth every week till after the holidays..preparing the property to be listed for sale..

Parents wanted to move also.. accepted a offer last week for the property...I have a good job in Arkansas and close next month on our new home..

Thanks to everyone for there help, advice and guidance..Joe came into my life because of this forum and Im forever in his debt..ty

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, AtariBfpics said:

Thanks to everyone for there help, advice and guidance..Joe came into my life because of this forum and Im forever in his debt..ty

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your update! I am so glad to hear that things eventually worked out. We know that you and your family didn't ask for this whole Sasquatch scenario. I feel it is a good example of why we cannot leave these creatures as "undiscovered" or say that they are just being curious. Good luck to you and your family in Arkansas!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AtariBfpics said:

Family stayed in Arkansas from January till mid March of 2020..I brought them back due to Covid in the town they where staying in Arkansas..

I became aware of activity early November and it peaked in December.. continued activity till June..

One thing that wasn't put in the Bigfoot Odyssey doc that I spoke about was the conversation I had with the local school folks and my son mentioning Bigfoot and after a heated discussion, it was the boys last day at that school...that was in September.

With a concern of activity starting again around Nov and with the meeting at the school..wife didn't want to be the crazy Bigfoot family at the school teacher conferences..

Wife and kids moved to Arkansas, I traveled back and forth every week till after the holidays..preparing the property to be listed for sale..

Parents wanted to move also.. accepted a offer last week for the property...I have a good job in Arkansas and close next month on our new home..

I am glad that you got the family out of there, man.  I know that you felt not as threatened by the activity after awhile, but I still don't trust those things around kids.  

I haven't talked to you in a while.  I will shoot you a message. I wanna pick your brain on something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Believer57 said:

That's the problem with science books in general is the likelihood of new discoveries changing your entire argument.  Meldrum needs scientific arguments to support his academic career if he wants to sustain credibility. Legend Meets Science was a winner for him in many ways and still is, even though he rolled the dice with subjects like the skookum cast. It's in a Thom Powell book too, maybe Edges of Science.  In fact, he was there when it was found and jumped ahead of the scrutiny bandwagon to presume it was legit.

Edited by Arvedis