How Would You Capture Bigfoot Alive and Unharmed?

Believer57

After reading the article below from yesterday's Fox TV News, I wondered if it was even possible to capture a bigfoot alive yet unharmed.

• Perhaps a juvenile?
  • Would the $2.1 million even matter to someone that brought one in dead?
  • Would or could you use tranquillizer darts?
  • Would a leg trap be considered harmful to a Bigfoot or useless because of their strength?
  • What other approach could be used?

$2 million bounty placed on Bigfoot in Oklahoma town: Must be captured alive and unharmed

My head started spinning on finding a reality to this legislation that was intended to promote tourism in southeast Oklahoma. Would anyone even consider approaches to capture one alive or is a high-powered rifle with a scope still the most practical solution?

• Downvote 1

I found some interesting field manuals for finding Bigfoots. The ThinkerThunker book should be available on Amazon soon.

This funding project below for the Environmental DNA (eDNA) analysis of ground nests attributed to sasquatch on the Olympic Peninsula seemed to stall at 63% of its goal along with any documented results. One comment from Dr. Meldrum said, "Little luck has been realized testing hair, due to a cellular medulla. For now priority will be the soil samples." Presumably using eDNA.

SASQUATCH NESTS eDNA STUDY

41-GEBOFUlL.jpg

oa5gcsxleeg44rfowljk.png

unnamed.png

Edited by Believer57

On 3/21/2021 at 6:17 AM, Believer57 said:

After reading the article below from yesterday's Fox TV News....

My head started spinning on finding a reality to this legislation that was intended to promote tourism in southeast Oklahoma. Would anyone even consider approaches to capture one alive or is a high-powered rifle with a scope still the most practical solution?

I think you know these things can't be caught. The question we have not seen answered satisfactorily is exactly how much it would take to drop one. We have anecdotal shooting scenarios and plenty of theory on the firepower needed for the task. If anyone has the chance to line one up and film the shooting to conclusion, that will tell the story. That's a bit more than what the OK tourism scenario bargains for.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

hey @hiflier  one of those books look familair! 

Traping one alive is going to be one heck of a chore. Their strength combine with the fact they rarely move alone, imo, is gonna make it tough to bring in a live specimen.

• Upvote 1

Even a juvenile would be difficult to capture alive, I think.

Too little anthesia and you have a ticked off.... something.  If it is a primate, even a small one, it's going to fight like a primate...all testicles and spectacles (eyes and groin).

Too much, and you now have a dead something.  It would have been easier to use a regular firearm.  

You could set a trap of some sort, a la Mountain Monsters.  But, their strength, intelligence, speed, etc. would have to be taken into account and neutralized.  

Btw, @hiflier...

ETA: Skinwalker tagged Hiflier while I was posting

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Downvote 1

On 3/21/2021 at 6:17 AM, Believer57 said:

After reading the article below from yesterday's Fox TV News, I wondered if it was even possible to capture a bigfoot alive yet unharmed.

• Perhaps a juvenile?
  • Would the $2.1 million even matter to someone that brought one in dead?
  • Would or could you use tranquillizer darts?
  • Would a leg trap be considered harmful to a Bigfoot or useless because of their strength?
  • What other approach could be used?

$2 million bounty placed on Bigfoot in Oklahoma town: Must be captured alive and unharmed

To answer your points one by one.

1) Hopefully alone and without mom or dad around.

2) It would be a major discovery potentially worth billions of dollars. 
3) Biologists do it all the time. 

4) They use snares to draw samples from Grizzly bears. Admittedly they don’t have opposable thumbs. A Grizzly sized leg hold trap of old probably would not be kosher anymore. It’s not designed to release the animal until harvested as it breaks their leg.

5) A live cage trap, a net gun like Jurassic park, bait treated with a sleeping agent, etc. Really it’s only limited by human ingenuity. But a tranq dart gun is the chosen method for biologists today that need to get up and personal with dangerous animals.

We laymen really need to concentrate on discovery. And leave most of this stuff to biologists after discovery.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, norseman said:

It would be a major discovery potentially worth billions of dollars.

I agree, which is why I thought the "alive and unharmed" campaign was pure promotion.

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

bait treated with a sleeping agent

This is an interesting option because you wouldn't necessarily need to find them, just know they are around. It reminds me of when Survivorman had the apples and snacks bait for the trail camera on Radian. I wonder how quickly they would eat the apples if retrieved from a tree?

2 minutes ago, Believer57 said:

I agree, which is why I thought the "alive and unharmed" campaign was pure promotion.

This is an interesting option because you wouldn't necessarily need to find them, just know they are around. It reminds me of when Survivorman had the apples and snacks bait for the trail camera on Radian. I wonder how quickly they would eat the apples if retrieved from a tree?

You would need to be on top of the bait in real time. You would have a narrow window in which to act. You could also be putting to sleep or killing known species depending on their weight and how much they consume. Too much agent can stop breathing.

When I was a kid they tranquilized a Moose in Colville that was running amok in town and they killed it.

• Upvote 1

The capture of a juvenile specimen has allegedly happened once before. In 1884 just outside of Yale British Columbia. That however was a freak accident, before most Canadians and Americans even knew of the existence of the creature. Its captors thought it was a gorilla, this being around the time the gorilla was first scientifically catalogued. The creature was apparently injured, which explains how easily it was captured. 

To capture a fully mature, healthy specimen of a Sasquatch or even a juvenile would prove exceedingly difficult. I suppose a tranquilizer gun with enough power to knock out a mature brown bear should do the trick. But the problem would be getting in range, which I just don't see happening. 

24 minutes ago, norseman said:

You would need to be on top of the bait in real time. You would have a narrow window in which to act. You could also be putting to sleep or killing known species depending on their weight and how much they consume. Too much agent can stop breathing.

When I was a kid they tranquilized a Moose in Colville that was running amok in town and they killed it.

That was my opinion as well... especially once I began to speak with a vet who has experience with sedating both large and small animals.

Now, consider that you are attempting to sedate via dart delivery an unrestrained, extremely physically gifted intelligent primate at close range.

I think that a group with tons of resources might be able to take one alive... perhaps a university, corporate, or government group.  I don't see even a relatively large Bigfoot focused group such as NAWAC or the BFRO having the resources to pull it off, although I readily admit that I am just guestimating on their capabilities.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
3 hours ago, Arvedis said:

I think you know these things can't be caught. The question we have not seen answered satisfactorily is exactly how much it would take to drop one..........

The science of killing gorillas, elephants, and big bears is pretty much understood. Killing a sasquatch would clearly fall in with the the big bear area. After a successful killing and a successful ripping the lid off this coverup (the most difficult hurdke to surmount), the scientific community would show you just how easy it is to collect them alive. With them, all it takes is money.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic