Wildmen and National Parks

norseman

8 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Good for camp fire stories maybe but I'm probably more convinced that sasquatch is out there than a bunch of feral people kidnapping hikers. 

Are they mutually exclusive?

Just because one is true doesn’t mean that the other is impossible.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, norseman said:

It could be as simple as taking a modern persons shoes. You would be lame in days being forced to walk barefoot. Or it could be much much worse. Like getting your Achilles or hamstring tendon cut. Try running away then. One can research Native American torture practices. They were super inventive.

I am not sure a feral human is going to think like that. Maybe a snatch and grab and that would be that. But medical wise of thinking of cutting tendons is a little out of the way of thinking for a feral human. At this stage we are making assumptions about what a feral human might do. A nock in the head with a rock might be a method used but again this could be speculation on my part. Since no one has never survived an attack by a feral human we just have no idea. I would think that more research would be needed on feral humans. 

21 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Something is walking barefoot in rough, cold, wet terrain with no problem at all...

This is from just south of the Smokeys.  Doesn’t look like a traditional Sasquatch print, nor does it have the broader look of the other prints that we found.  A humans toes will separate in the mud, but won’t look as broad overall as what we found.  

To me, this looks like a barefoot human print.  A bit smaller than a grown man.  It’s not the only one found in that area, either.  

A9535608-1FB0-43B0-A27C-86C31EA6BA37.jpeg

Could be a hiker way off trail who just decided to kick his shoes off for a relaxing trudge through cold mud and rocks.  Without seeing what made the print, anything is possible.  I will say that the fellow who took this pic doesn’t think that it was caused by feral humans, but his theory is even more out there than that...

Whatever is out there doing that has never worn shoes ever...absolutely.

But if it kidnapped someone and was worried about them running off? Take their shoes...

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, norseman said:

Whatever is out there doing that has never worn shoes ever...absolutely.

But if it kidnapped someone and was worried about them running off? Take their shoes...

Look at that rock to the left of that print.  Would you willingly walk through that with no shoes?  Most 1st world humans’ feet are too soft.  One sharp rock in that terrain could spell the difference between life and death.  

Taking someone’s shoes would be as good as tying a leash around their neck.

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Are they mutually exclusive?

Just because one is true doesn’t mean that the other is impossible.

No, I don't think they are mutually exclusive but if we're talking about a kind of 'colony' of feral people as opposed to the odd one or two that makes it much more difficult for me to believe, maybe a small clan or two is very possible but of course you're then negating some of your Bigfoot evidence by explaining it as feral humans or vice versa. Like stick structures for example, if they can be made by feral humans you weaken that particular argument for Bigfoot. 

If you advocate for one then the evidence is kind of spread thinner and thinner between the two naturally. Have there been any good films of feral people, like the PGF?

9 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Have there been any good films of feral people, like the PGF?

Not sure about films but im sure there are nice clear mug shots as they semi-regularly arrested on the AT. But the big difference between a feral human and a squatch track is that eventually one dwarfs the other, even in the 11in size you can clearly tell human vs possible squatch becuase ive got a few 11in casts that are nearly 6in wide and were in a series. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/drivinvibin.com/2021/05/04/national-parks-home-to-feral-people/amp/

“Lately, the Internet is ablaze over the topic of feral people in national parks. Visitors and enthusiasts have chimed in with stories and ideas of these so-called wild and cannibalistic people.”

I didn’t know that this topic was currently so talked about...

Apparently, people are posting their accounts on TikTok.  Here’s a quote from one of the people in the article:  

At one point, they heard multiple people screaming off in the distance. Then a woman screamed, “we’re gonna die!” Ariele claimed the bloodcurdling screaming went on. Finally, she heard a woman’s voice saying, “I love you, just know that.”

She also alleged she heard a child screaming “mommy” and other voices saying “help” and “call a ranger.” 

1 hour ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Not sure about films but im sure there are nice clear mug shots as they semi-regularly arrested on the AT. But the big difference between a feral human and a squatch track is that eventually one dwarfs the other, even in the 11in size you can clearly tell human vs possible squatch becuase ive got a few 11in casts that are nearly 6in wide and were in a series. 

Fred Flintstone feet...not especially long, but broad with large toes.

This has shades of the 1977 movie, "The Hills Have Eyes."
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077681/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

The movie is based on the legend of Sawney Beane and his family (a wife, eight sons and six daughters), a feral clan who inhabited and roamed the highlands of Scotland's East Lothian County, near Edinburgh, in the early 1400s. They captured, tormented and ate several transients. They were eventually captured on the order of Scotland's King James, were judged to be insane, and executed without trial. The executions of the Beane clan all allegedly involved grotesque tortures, inspiring the aspect of the film that the Carter family become as brutal as their attackers when they seek revenge.

https://www.historicmysteries.com/sawney-bean/

Medieval Ayrshire, Scotland was not the place to venture outdoors during the hours of darkness. For a quarter of a century, one group of inbred psychopaths struck fear throughout Ballantrae and Benname Head. Nobody knew where they came from but came they did and brought terror for the Scottish people of the time.

In a move of either outstanding ingenuity or complete lunacy, Alexander ‘Sawney’ Bean and his equally vicious spouse found a ready-made lair for the nefarious activities in a cave that was 200 meters deep and had an entrance concealed by high tide.

More at the link.

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 4:14 AM, Celtic Raider said:

Good for camp fire stories maybe but I'm probably more convinced that sasquatch is out there than a bunch of feral people kidnapping hikers. There is video evidence of Bigfoot in the PGF after all and I don't recall ever seeing anything for feral people.......maybe there is something?

As for the TikTok story it seems obvious to me that the rangers had no knowledge of it as the lady made it all up for attention and to get views or likes or whatever they get 😁😁

Not sure about the feral part but yes, if you just happen to wander in to the local druggies off-the-grid pot or hash farm there is a very good chance you may disappear forever.

Some of these witness testimonies on TikTok are a bit chilling...

A lot of them are typical wannabe social media influencers and content creators who are churning out video creepy pasta to get in on a trending topic.  There are a few, however, from rural areas that sound like they have actually experienced it.  

There’s a woman that does a rebuttal video to another person who says that it is not only fake but ‘racist and classist’ to tell these stories about Appalachian folks and that it reinforces stereotypes.  The rebuttal video says that her family keeps guns and dogs because these feral people come down into their valley sometimes to take chickens and other livestock.  Apparently they took a goat away and ‘butchered it with rusty knives’, leaving the remains and I guess at least one of the knives in question.  So, at least some of them are not so feral that they are unable to use recovered tools.  

The woman said that her father told her that people used to go missing more often, but that slowed down in recent years...but , that it was still known to happen.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Are these actually true 'feral people' though or just loners, groups like the 'Alaskan Bush people' or people trying to escape modern life or hiding out away from the law etc.? Real feral or totally wild people I imagine are very, very few and far between......... I'm thinking when the term feral is used that would be people born and brought up in the wild, with no modern clothing, knives, modern language.........

21 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

Are these actually true 'feral people' though or just loners, groups like the 'Alaskan Bush people' or people trying to escape modern life or hiding out away from the law etc.? Real feral or totally wild people I imagine are very, very few and far between......... I'm thinking when the term feral is used that would be people born and brought up in the wild, with no modern clothing, knives, modern language.........

Good question. My guess is there are varying degrees. Some people may be wanna be’s or part timers. But others could be generations old. There could even be remnant Native American populations out there like Ishi. North America is a big place. And like South America could still harbor people who don’t want to be found.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic