Wildmen and National Parks

norseman

6 minutes ago, 9-dot said:

Assuming your question is not rhetorical then "elementary my dear Watson".  If the vertical bar on the right footprint is 10 inches, then the other three bars can be measured in size relative to it.  Thus, the left vertical bar is 10.44 inches. the right horizontal bar is 4.23 inches, and the left horizontal bar is 4.18 inches.  The right foot at the ball is wider than the left foot at the ball - and the right foot has a larger width index.  If the left foot appears wider it is an illusion (why we measure and weigh things when measurements and weights are important).

Unshod vs. shod measure.png

Unshod vs. shod graph.png

No it’s not an illusion..... your test is flawed.

At it’s widest point on the right track? The right and left footprints are virtually the same. Measure the width any where else of the right track? And the left track is going to be WIDER....

Measure from the side of the big toe to the pinkie toe. Measure the width at the half way point of the length of each foot. Measure the heel.

Have each foot step in mud and make a plaster cast of each and weigh them. Which cast is heavier? Which foot displaced the most substrate?

Its obviously the LEFT foot.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, ShadowBorn said:

I just cannot fathom knowing that there could also be feral humans living among us in our National Forest.  I mean knowing that there is this giant creature living out is bad enough. But also a wild human and yes I did mean that they could be eating us real humans. That is plain scary. 

Agreed! I do not like that thought at all.

But I'm sure it's been said already said, that there coukd be a lot of variation in what a sasquatch species looks like. Some have been reported to look very human. 

9-Dot

I am trying to follow the math involved in the foot. I am nit understanding it. Why are you dividing the length by the width to get this index. I am not following this and what does this index mean? Is it the area of the foot ? If so then it all makes sense if not then some thing is wrong.

14 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Agreed! I do not like that thought at all.

But I'm sure it's been said already said, that there coukd be a lot of variation in what a sasquatch species looks like. Some have been reported to look very human. 

The day I went hunting alone and what I felt out there by my self did not feel right. I really thought that I was going to die if I did not leave at that moment. It was a team effort on their part that I felt on easy.

That variation of them seemingly being human can make any person feel real at ease. Since you are looking at some thing that might look and act like you. It can be very easy to fool any human to feel at ease. Even if they are calling out to you in some type of cry for help in a human voice. That is what makes these creatures so scary about them. We have no idea what their true intentions may be until we are met with it and then it is to late. so may it be feral humans or these creatures that we all seem to know as Bigfoot. But the Native Americans seem to know a great deal about them and we should all listen. 

22 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

9-Dot

I am trying to follow the math involved in the foot. I am nit understanding it. Why are you dividing the length by the width to get this index. I am not following this and what does this index mean? Is it the area of the foot ? If so then it all makes sense if not then some thing is wrong.

The day I went hunting alone and what I felt out there by my self did not feel right. I really thought that I was going to die if I did not leave at that moment. It was a team effort on their part that I felt on easy.

That variation of them seemingly being human can make any person feel real at ease. Since you are looking at some thing that might look and act like you. It can be very easy to fool any human to feel at ease. Even if they are calling out to you in some type of cry for help in a human voice. That is what makes these creatures so scary about them. We have no idea what their true intentions may be until we are met with it and then it is to late. so may it be feral humans or these creatures that we all seem to know as Bigfoot. But the Native Americans seem to know a great deal about them and we should all listen. 

Width Index is a ratio made by dividing the width of a foot at the ball by foot length.  Wolf Henner Fahrenbach suggested that, based on analysis of 410 purported Sasquatch footprint measurements mostly supplied by John Greene, Sasquatch footprints could be differentiated from human footprints, because Width Index of human prints decreases on a much steeper curve as length increases than Sasquatch prints.  I am collecting measurements of known human prints (I am up to 38 now), and I will be adding to my collection of purported Sasquatch print measurements (I have only 5 self-collected/measured to date).  A preliminary conclusion is that, although there might me some overlap of human and Sasquatch print measurements, Width Index is for the most part a sure-fire way to differentiate human prints from Sasquatch prints.  Of course, as is germaine to the present thread, I have no known feral human prints.
If I can put together enough data to support some sort of conclusion I might present it in a new future thread.

37 minutes ago, 9-dot said:

Width Index is a ratio made by dividing the width of a foot at the ball by foot length.  Wolf Henner Fahrenbach suggested that, based on analysis of 410 purported Sasquatch footprint measurements mostly supplied by John Greene, Sasquatch footprints could be differentiated from human footprints, because Width Index of human prints decreases on a much steeper curve as length increases than Sasquatch prints.  I am collecting measurements of known human prints (I am up to 38 now), and I will be adding to my collection of purported Sasquatch print measurements (I have only 5 self-collected/measured to date).  A preliminary conclusion is that, although there might me some overlap of human and Sasquatch print measurements, Width Index is for the most part a sure-fire way to differentiate human prints from Sasquatch prints.  Of course, as is germaine to the present thread, I have no known feral human prints.
If I can put together enough data to support some sort of conclusion I might present it in a new future thread.

https://calisphere.org/item/ark:/13030/kt1779n50d/

SSR Team
On 5/27/2021 at 3:40 PM, Wooly Booger said:

With the Eastern and Southern Bigfoot smaller than the more familiar Pacific Northwest variant. 

What's that based on Mr Wooly if you don't mind me asking ?

• Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured this topic