Bigfoot and Infrared

Odin603

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Apes aren't known for having a remarkable sense of smell.

Just a general observation.

Good point.

11 hours ago, Twist said:

I’d guess it’s the smell most likely.   The plastics may smell out of place.    

I’m of the opinion that BF are migratory so while there are definitely scenarios where BF has an advanced knowledge of its territory but I wonder about BF when on the move.  They should occasionally walk into an area with a cam set up.   It’s hard for me to fathom how they could always avoid trail cams.   Some BF have to be careless at times.  I can’t see them being infallible.  A mystery indeed.   

The problem I have with smell is that wind direction should vary enough that sometimes they'd be upwind of the camera and stumble in front of one.    If it is sound, then somewhere that wind or water masks the sound should lead to pictures.    If it is sight, the supposition is they walk about as fast as we run, so to see as much or more than we do, they'd have to process visual input that much faster .. think how much we miss seeing when we're running 12-15 mph.   Nothing truly makes sense .. every theory has what seems to be a fatal flaw.   Yet SOMEHOW they seem to avoid having their picture taken most, nearly all, of the time.

I think your final point is one I can agree with .. a mystery indeed!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NCBFr said:

One of my shepherds has a fear of our home stereo.  All I have to do is turn it on and somehow he senses it and runs from the room.  I have tested him with it a couple of times and have yet to figure out how he knows it is being turned on.  Not sure if he senses the EM or maybe hears the circuits warm up but he notices something that we cannot as soon as it turns on.   He can be lying down with eyes closed and he will notice and bolt.

When I was younger I could hear a great many things most people didn't.  Things like escalators.  I could walk into the mall and point the direction to every one in the building.  They made a horrible high-pitched screech. And the blue light from KMart.  I could hear that light from the parking lot when I opened the car door.  Completely impossible to go inside if that light was on.  The sound was so loud it was like ice picks in my ears.  Maybe they hear things we don't.

17x7

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, MIB said:

The problem I have with smell is that wind direction should vary enough that sometimes they'd be upwind of the camera and stumble in front of one.    If it is sound, then somewhere that wind or water masks the sound should lead to pictures.    If it is sight, the supposition is they walk about as fast as we run, so to see as much or more than we do, they'd have to process visual input that much faster .. think how much we miss seeing when we're running 12-15 mph.   Nothing truly makes sense .. every theory has what seems to be a fatal flaw.   Yet SOMEHOW they seem to avoid having their picture taken most, nearly all, of the time.

I think your final point is one I can agree with .. a mystery indeed!

Coupled with the notion that BF has no problem entering camps, messing with RV’s etc. the idea that the camera itself is the issue is perplexing.  My only conclusion is they are just so rare and low in population that they are not caught on trail cams enough.   The people that do catch them may avoid disclosing this for fear of ridicule or maybe having their hunting land shutdown?? Not sure. 

This is a point people use when they say they don't exist and it's a hard point to counter . 

It stands to reason when people put up trail cams in a high encounter area they would get caught on at least one trail cam.

35 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

This is a point people use when they say they don't exist and it's a hard point to counter . 

It stands to reason when people put up trail cams in a high encounter area they would get caught on at least one trail cam.

I agree with everything you said! And in light of that I have to wonder what is it about Sasquatch that makes it a creature that portrays  behaviour, and traits, that no other animal possesses? Why has evolution picked just this one animal to be so special? It just defies logic and everything we know about the world in which we live!

The Razor says "All things being equal..(but in Sasquatch's case are they? )..the simplest explanation is the correct one!)

The cameras, did not take any pictures because Sasquatch was never there!

3 minutes ago, Grandcherokee said:

Why has evolution picked just this one animal to be so special?

I wouldn’t say just one, look at us.  

1 minute ago, Twist said:

I wouldn’t say just one, look at us.  

Aside from an intelect which can envision the abstract, we don't have anything that cannot be found in other creatures that we share the planet with!!;)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Grandcherokee said:

I agree with everything you said! And in light of that I have to wonder what is it about Sasquatch that makes it a creature that portrays  behaviour, and traits, that no other animal possesses? Why has evolution picked just this one animal to be so special? It just defies logic and everything we know about the world in which we live!

The Razor says "All things being equal..(but in Sasquatch's case are they? )..the simplest explanation is the correct one!)

The cameras, did not take any pictures because Sasquatch was never there!

Is it evolution or is it something else ? I know it's a touchy subject here but some Native Americans say  they walk between two planes .

Would explain a lot if true.

41 minutes ago, Grandcherokee said:

Aside from an intelect which can envision the abstract, we don't have anything that cannot be found in other creatures that we share the planet with!!;)

That one thing is a pretty big deal considering it has made us the most dominant species on the planet.   

• Upvote 1

Whatever hypothesis is used to explain the failure of game cameras to capture a BF image, it has to explain what happened in Area X with NAWAC.

That is just one example out of many that I have read of BF messing with the cabins or houses in the woods (when no cameras are present) and then the minute game camera traps are set, the visitations ends or stay far enough from detection range.

NAWAC is just one of the better documented cases. In their monograph, I recall reading that the team claimed to have about 42 visual sightings (if I can trust my memory).

So plenty of visuals without cameras but no capture when cameras were set up.

Thom Powell's investigation was similar but smaller scale.

It is not sarcastic to state that if you are afraid of BF when camping in the woods, just place game cameras around camp and they will stay away.

48 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Is it evolution or is it something else ? I know it's a touchy subject here but some Native Americans say  they walk between two planes .

Would explain a lot if true.

Sorta like..we are not 'over estimating' Sasquatch..but we are 'under estimating' the creature! We would be going that extra step! A step that many of us would not want to take, in believing that this creature is way beyond our understanding and our definitions! Hmmmm!

36 minutes ago, Twist said:

That one thing is a pretty big deal considering it has made us the most dominant species on the planet.   

I was not talking about man vrs Sasquatch! I was talking about Sasquatch vrs all the other creatures that we know about!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grandcherokee said:

I was not talking about man vrs Sasquatch! I was talking about Sasquatch vrs all the other creatures that we know about!

But it would seem Sasquatch is much more closely related to us than to other creatures.

11 minutes ago, norseman said:

But it would seem Sasquatch is much more closely related to us than to other creatures.

Quite so! But if it is an animal, then it should behave like an animal!

And yet they have the characteristics of beings with abstract thinking!

Avoiding game cams!

Appearing to know what cams do!

Seeming to know who placed them there

Know that these pieces of equipment are there to document them!

And they do not want such a thing. Why?

I mean, there is more going here then just a 'camera sh'y animal!

Wow!

There are some humans not smart or aware enough to entertain those ideas!

No matter which way you cut it! This is not your average creature!

Dare I say, it might be time to soon drop the "It is just an animal!", train of thought!??

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grandcherokee said:

Quite so! But if it is an animal, then it should behave like an animal!

And yet they have the characteristics of beings with abstract thinking!

Avoiding game cams!

Appearing to know what cams do!

Seeming to know who placed them there

Know that these pieces of equipment are there to document them!

And they do not want such a thing. Why?

I mean, there is more going here then just a 'camera sh'y animal!

Wow!

There are some humans not smart or aware enough to entertain those ideas!

No matter which way you cut it! This is not your average creature!

Dare I say, it might be time to soon drop the "It is just an animal!", train of thought!??

We can teach great apes sign language. So simply using that as a base line we can reason a species that is bipedal like us is probably closer related to us than other great apes. The problem is that we supposedly are the last species in our genus. So we cannot study our cousins and get a grasp on their level of intelligence. We can only extrapolate by studying artifacts left behind. Such as the Homo Erectus 1.75 million year old hand axe.

The mystery is why don’t we find cave man style accoutrements associated with Sasquatch? Is this a species that once had stone tools and lost the ability? Did it ever have them? Why does it look like us but act so much different than us?

Camera traps. A couple of thoughts. First is that we know of other animals who are wary of camera traps.

viewcontent.cgi?article=1227&context=icw

Secondly, we have pictures of supposed Bigfeet on camera traps. As well as film, etc. So while they do seem wary? They are not perfect.