Bigfoot and Infrared

Odin603

6 hours ago, Explorer said:

What is still a mystery is why (despite these cameras emitting noises, smells, infrared signals, etc.) camera trap monitoring programs do a great job in determining presence of cougars, grizzly bears, wolves, and many other mammals but not BF.

They don't care, but they are curious.  Bears and ungulates will approach cameras. Bears will sniff, and bite and damage. Ungulates will sniff and slime.  Why do ungulates look at Plotwatcher cameras when their image is being captured?   Bear boxes are reflector / projectors of the cameras ultrasonic noises.

The intelligence and senses of Sasquatch are not yet understood but we under estimate their abilities.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, Twist said:

not the only answer They could be dying dying off.

But we are not sure of this either. Since there is n way to prove this. But at least with some type of a reporting system we have some knowledge of what might be going on. This is enough to to make an educated guess. If we were able to find bones of them then we would be sure of what is going on with them. So  in my thinking the only answer is they have gone into further hiding. Less sightings without finding any bones of them can only lead them being deeper in the wilderness.

18 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

1) They can see the ir illumination.  However, apes (and mammals in general) cannot see in the ir range due to their body heat.

2) They can smell either the cameras or batteries.  Primates, however, have a less developed sense of smell as a trade off to heightened Visio and sense of touch.

3) They can hear the camera itself.  However again, primates hear in the same range as humans…maybe slightly higher on some cases.

4) They are so in tune with their immediate environment that they can instantly recognize something out of the ordinary and instinctively avoid it.  This seems to run  counter to the claims that these creatures are exceedingly inquisitive and curious.  They can’t resist checking out humans at a campfire, but know to avoid the small box on a tree?  That curiosity would eventually result in one with exceptionally poor decision making skills being captured peeking at the strange new box on a tree…

5) They can sense the emf emissions from the camera.  There has been some discussion over whether deer can sense the electromagnetism given off by hunters.  I am looking to see if any claims of this emf detection has been documented in monkeys or other primates, but haven’t seen anything so far.  

We are missing something major here.  None of this makes sense.  

I'm not experienced in science to be able to provide technical answers to these questions.  That said, I would be very surprised if sound plays any part in detecting a trail cam.  One of the more common visual reports of a sasquatch are with road crossings. If their hearing is so acute, as to hear subtle camera noise, they should be able to hear a car coming from a long distance.  No reason to make a mad dash across the road in view of humans if you could wait in secrecy within the forest for another 20 seconds before crossing.

I get out into the woods regularly (going out in an hour or so) and there are so many trees, branches, roots, shrubs, stumps, and more to see.  A sasquatch lives there and intimately knows its surroundings and what might be amiss. Even so, if a sasquatch has a 50-sq mile domain at any one time, I don't see it knowing every square foot of that domain such that it will know if a branch has moved, or a stump is larger than before. Perhaps it is a master of seeing the slightest disturbance in footpaths and would know if someone has been through. I'm not even convinced of that.

Of the other three above, my guess (and it's only that) is that smell has nothing to do with it. How many reports do we have of a sasquatch lifting its head, flaring its nostrils, and drawing in air to detect faint odors?  I think we'd find a common thread of reports of sasquatches being seen testing the air often the same way a bear does.

I fully acknowledge I could be wrong on all these matters but for my own purposes, I'm narrowing it down to #1 and #5 with the latter a far distant second.

Edited by wiiawiwb

2 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

One of the more common visual reports of a sasquatch are with road crossings. If their hearing is so acute, as to hear subtle camera noise, they should be able to hear a car coming from a long distance.  No reason to make a mad dash across the road in view of humans if you could wait in secrecy within the forest for another 20 seconds before crossing.

Vehicles coming down roads have tires that sometimes emit sounds that can be mistaken for wind. by the time a vehicle is in sight then it's too late, the Sasquatch and the driver have seen each other. Even headlights along with tire/wind noise could cause some confusion resulting in a defensive freeze? The curiosity being why would wind be illuminated?

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Vehicles coming down roads have tires that sometimes emit sounds that can be mistaken for wind. by the time a vehicle is in sight then it's too late, the Sasquatch and the driver have seen each other. Even headlights along with tire/wind noise could cause some confusion resulting in a defensive freeze? The curiosity being why would wind be illuminated?

Sure but they have been seeing these things carry the hairless ones for over 100 years. If their hearing was of superior power they would have learned and adapted to always avoid and lay in waiting before crossing but they dont.In some reports they step out of cover anb walk directly into the headlight beam. They can avoid gamecams but not an automobile ? That sounds wacky 

But as far as I can tell, the Bigfoots don't live for hundreds of years ;) So there'll always be new ones at different ages to experience vehicles for the first time.

Admin

Maybe it is a game or rite of passage for them...

3 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

I have thought that before as well.

But, it would seem that there would be an occasional miscalculation and one would be hit.  Their success rate just seems too good to be true.

It like these things are the mantis shrimp of land bound creatures.  Sasquatch seems to have so many singular abilities and attributes that they are unlike anything else walking the earth.

5 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

I assumed many of the road crossing encounters were intentional on their part. Given their apparent intelligence, they must be eh?

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

But as far as I can tell, the Bigfoots don't live for hundreds of years ;) So there'll always be new ones at different ages to experience vehicles for the first time.

I never said they do live 100's of years But it has been theorized that they do start out in family units or at the very least stay many years with their mothers until mature just like most mammals . If that wasn't the case none would survive after birth . So taking this into account an intricate part of training and learning would be how to live and survive and hide from  the most Dominant species and most Dangerous species on this planet .