Bigfoot and Infrared

Odin603

On 7/16/2021 at 8:45 AM, NCBFr said:

My conclusions are based on reading literally thousands of BF incident reports and hundreds of videos as well as a handful of encounters across two different states and 25 years.  This is a personal hobby, nothing more.  I do not set out to prove anything to anybody and honestly do not care your position on BF.  Just replying to your post.  Very sorry it was inadequate for your needs.  You have been added to ignore so please do not bother replying.

That is all very sad!

16 minutes ago, Grandcherokee said:

That is all very sad!

Some skin thickener might be in order for him.

On 7/13/2021 at 4:39 PM, VAfooter said:

Anecdotal story to be sure, but I happened to read this last night. The short form of the story goes like this: a guy was out driving around at night with a friend and a couple of kids. They stopped at a overlook to get out and look around. They were hunting bigfoot, not very seriously, but really just out enjoying an evening drive. This spot overlooked a meadow/pasture, some bluffs, and a creek with a dense wooded area. They passed around a NV device and when the driver got it, he noticed something down by the creek. Now the distance from the people and the creek was not specified, but it was implied that it was some distance away. After looking through the NV device for a few seconds, he switched on the IR illuminator. Instantly the creature stood up on two legs, it was big, and strode into the woods. Maybe I read more into it than intended, or I just misunderstood what the writer was describing. But the creature, whom the narrator described as a BF, did not move or do anything until the illuminator was turned on. Not scientific by any means, but another data point for the chart.

So was it the light, sound of the light turning on, coincidence, or something else that caused the creature to depart?

The integral IR illuminators of typical consumer NV cameras emit in the 850 NM frequency range; at higher power levels humans can perceive the resulting dull red glow. This applies to security cameras as well. I had a PM discussion on the subject with Brian Brown when NAWAC was experimenting with the security cameras, but I think they were already decided to scrap the system by then. The trail cams with "invisible" flash likely emit at 950 NM or higher. Catmandoo could likely provide much more detailed information.  

On 7/14/2021 at 3:18 PM, Explorer said:

Excellent paper and study.  Thanks for sharing Catmando!

I read the paper and the research study was certainly more robust and scientific than what NAWAC did, and it confirms that these cameras emit noises.

What is still a mystery is why (despite these cameras emitting noises, smells, infrared signals, etc.) camera trap monitoring programs do a great job in determining presence of cougars, grizzly bears, wolves, and many other mammals but not BF.

This is precisely the issue I have with camera traps. They capture all kinds of elusive and scarce animals such as really rare Wolverines but no clear photos of sasquatch. I know we have blurry images, obscure images and part images but no clear full height image like we have with so many other animals. They do seem to be seen with regularity by hunters who use camera traps so there's a bit of a disconnect there for me. 

My other issue is that the excuses or reasons behind this do seem contradictory, in that Sasquatch won't come near a camera trap as it emits a slight sound but will happily waltz up to a noisy camp site full of people and watch from the bushes or the smell of plastic keeps them away from a camera trap but they'll happily visit a cabin or a car or a tent which have much more smell to them. It just doesn't quite add up to me, something is off.

I'm sceptical but firmly of the belief that Sasquatch is possible if not probable but this is a real big hurdle for a sceptic. I don't ascribe any unnatural characteristics to the sasquatch so don't buy into them having other worldly powers, inter dimensional etc. that some explain this away with.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Celtic Raider said:

This is precisely the issue I have with camera traps. They capture all kinds of elusive and scarce animals such as really rare Wolverines but no clear photos of sasquatch. I know we have blurry images, obscure images and part images but no clear full height image like we have with so many other animals. They do seem to be seen with regularity by hunters who use camera traps so there's a bit of a disconnect there for me. 

My other issue is that the excuses or reasons behind this do seem contradictory, in that Sasquatch won't come near a camera trap as it emits a slight sound but will happily waltz up to a noisy camp site full of people and watch from the bushes or the smell of plastic keeps them away from a camera trap but they'll happily visit a cabin or a car or a tent which have much more smell to them. It just doesn't quite add up to me, something is off.

I'm sceptical but firmly of the belief that Sasquatch is possible if not probable but this is a real big hurdle for a sceptic. I don't ascribe any unnatural characteristics to the sasquatch so don't buy into them having other worldly powers, inter dimensional etc. that some explain this away with.

This is the reason it's all a guess . Fact is they have been reported walking under high voltage power lines to travel where there are many plastic parts used in transformers and high voltage power lines produce noise but they are fine with that but a small plastic box tied to a tree they think of it as danger ..sorry but that sounds like bull to me

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:10 PM, Catmandoo said:

They don't care, but they are curious.  Bears and ungulates will approach cameras. Bears will sniff, and bite and damage. Ungulates will sniff and slime.  Why do ungulates look at Plotwatcher cameras when their image is being captured?   Bear boxes are reflector / projectors of the cameras ultrasonic noises.

The intelligence and senses of Sasquatch are not yet understood but we under estimate their abilities.

Not sure I agree with this. You can't have your cake and eat it.......if they are super intelligent and have amazing senses then how come Roger and Bob sneaked up on Patty so easily? How come hunters report being in a tree stand and the sasquatch being totally unaware of them whilst they witness? How do we have so many reports of people actually surprising them or accidentally coming face to face with them whilst hiking? Surely they would sense us clumping along noisily and retreat without ever being noticed if that were the case? If they are that intelligent and curious then we'd have more evidence I'd say from more and varied interactions.

How can people theorise they fear us so much to avoid us at all costs knowing we have lethal weapons and so on but then act like the Ape Canyon incident? Or throw rocks at NAWAC's cabin full of armed personnel who's actual aim is to shoot one? It just doesn't make an iota of sense.

I think we are over estimating their abilities and ascribing things to them to explain away inconsistencies and failures to get things like camera trap evidence.

There must be some other reasonable explanation, I won't pretend to know what it is 😁 but the available evidence suggests they are not some hyper sensitive forest ninjas or animals with intellect near equivalent to our own. Even if they were equivalent, people get caught unknowingly on cameras all the time! So would the sasquatch. 

BFF Patron

Interesting Bigfeets figured out what a game cam is, but is fooled by some dude banging a stick on a tree?

1 hour ago, Celtic Raider said:

if they are super intelligent and have amazing senses then how come Roger and Bob sneaked up on Patty so easily?

I have heard it said that it could have been by the scent of the horses that led them two to get close to these creatures. My theory is that the creature was already watching them for awhile. Then decided to show it's self in the open.

Even if they were equivalent, people get caught unknowingly on cameras all the time! So would the sasquatch. 

Yes, but that's unknowingly.  These creatures must know what they are and knowingly observe their surroundings. Sure like Humans they do get caught every so often but how often? The same goes with to  how often we observe them ?    Are we really observing them all the time? No, If we were we would be seeing some real good video's on the Net.  But we are not. We are still seeking answers. Even with the technology of thermals we have not improved any further.

How can people theorise they fear us so much to avoid us at all costs knowing we have lethal weapons and so on but then act like the Ape Canyon incident? Or throw rocks at NAWAC's cabin full of armed personnel who's actual aim is to shoot one? It just doesn't make an iota of sense.

I am not sure about this either. But the more thought I put into this, the more the answer seems to get clear. It seems like a tactic they might use to flush some thing out into the open. They might even use Noise and rock throwing as a distraction when they are in a group. They might have a chimp behavior with a human mind. It was either my second or third or forth encounter that was strange but had a jungle atmosphere. All we heard was what sounded like Monkey's out in the forest. Very strange.

I think we are over estimating their abilities and ascribing things to them to explain away inconsistencies and failures to get things like camera trap evidence.

I do not thin that we are overestimating their abilities. I just think it is that we do not understand them that we are overestimating them. Once we have a good field research of them then we will understand what they may be. I think that we are getting close. Knowing the right sign to look for is key.

4 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

Not sure I agree with this. You can't have your cake and eat it.......if they are super intelligent and have amazing senses then how come Roger and Bob sneaked up on Patty so easily? How come hunters report being in a tree stand and the sasquatch being totally unaware of them whilst they witness? How do we have so many reports of people actually surprising them or accidentally coming face to face with them whilst hiking? Surely they would sense us clumping along noisily and retreat without ever being noticed if that were the case? If they are that intelligent and curious then we'd have more evidence I'd say from more and varied interactions.

There must be some other reasonable explanation, I won't pretend to know what it is 😁 but the available evidence suggests they are not some hyper sensitive forest ninjas or animals with intellect near equivalent to our own. Even if they were equivalent, people get caught unknowingly on cameras all the time! So would the sasquatch. 

The wood ape vs all-powerful wood ninja is a conundrum that I have wrestled with for a long time.  I have rationalized a few ways over the years:

1. While they may not be high IQ smart, their brain has evolved over millennia to be hyper tactical that has enabled them to basically live undisturbed. Like all of us, sometimes they are off their game and/or we run in to one on them on the left side of the bell curve.  Darwin hits them like all earth-bound creatures.
  2. They are protected by the government and get help remaining hidden and covering up when there is a mistake.  if BF is real, I am almost 100% sure the government knows about them.
  3. There are two distinct types.  The wood apes and the ninjas and the ninja type helps protect the wood apes.  Some have theorized BF has an alien origin.   I don't buy it but if you believe the BFs seen leaving UFO reports, these could be the ninjas looking after the wood apes.  Spit balling this one.
  4. There are times when they just don't care about the world outside their realm and other times they are uber protective of their family and territory.  An analogy would be our relationship with deer.  Many times we ignore deer as they cannot hurt us.  Other times we shot them for food or run in to them with our cars.  The deer really have no idea which one is going to happen to them when they encounter us.
  5. BF's have a divine background and are tied to The Watchers/Nephilim.  Not likely but interesting if you think about it.  Besides, I do not think we are  allowed to discuss this angle on the forum so will leave it alone. 

Probably some combination of 1,2, and maybe 4 if you ask me. 

The fact remains thousands of people have encountered them across the globe and over pretty much all of mankind but yet we do not have a type species in a zoo/museum.  Either they are the luckiest creatures n the world, many of us have experienced mass hallucinations regarding BF, or something special is going on with them.  I for one am a pretty well grounded engineer and do not believe I hallucinate but think what you want.

Edited by NCBFr
Forgot 1

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

Yes, but that's unknowingly.  These creatures must know what they are and knowingly observe their surroundings. 

The idea of them knowing what a camera does is something I cannot get on board with.  Not in any way, shape, or form.   I find it too far out there to believe they could understand the technology behind a camera.

• Upvote 1

I’ve read those reports and I can get behind an animal noticing a camera or being startled but specifically to understand what they are, I can’t get behind that.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Celtic Raider said:

You can't have your cake and eat it.

I have cake with ice cream on it.  I have seen a new flavor called "Death by Chocolate". Looks to be a killer flavor, second to Sweatty Balls.

how come Roger and Bob sneaked up on Patty

The debate will go on forever. I don't recall which way the wind was blowing. All animals watch horses. Patty may have executed a 'lead away' maneuver to show off-spring in training how humans behave. We will never know. The 'lead away' maneuver is common with animals and birds.

NAWAC's cabin full of armed personnel who's actual aim is to shoot one? It just doesn't make an iota of sense.

Cabin scenario's seem to have the 'same ending'. Not going to touch the NAWAC's activities. I never liked the Ape Canyon adventure. If the Sasquatch did not want the humans in the area, they would have easily destroyed the cabin. Same with the story of the lean-to cabin structure that was illegally in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Piece of cake to destroy by Sasquatches.

Animals are unpredictable. I had a young cougar trot by me in a snowstorm. A bit unnerving but the cat had a plan that did not involve me. Cougars avoid people. Most hikers have not seen a cougar. The little bear in my profile image walked up to me, sniffed my boots and walked away. Ravens follow me. I think that they have dibs on my eyeballs.

There is the Psi factor regarding persons having  2 sightings, then nothing that I will have to post in the paranormal section.

Out of all the stuff mentioned, camp sites, cool box's, cars etc the only thing that is remotely unusual and different is a bunch of chemicals that suddenly appears strapped to a tree. To a BF that's probably as left field as it gets, everything else they've seen a 100 times.

As i said game cams are dead with conventional use, why doesn't anyone think outside the box?

Plenty ask where the next big sighting/story is coming from yet it's always the same old stuff when it comes to gathering evidence. 

Edited by Somerset

3 minutes ago, Somerset said:

As i said game cams are dead with conventional use, why doesn't anyone think outside the box on here?

This forum is a message site, not a research site. This site has a thread called 'high end equipment' and the gizmo-tronic devices do a good job of driving the animals away.

Stay tuned.  Work is ongoing that is not posted here.