Bigfoot and Infrared

Odin603

Coyotes are a good example of a common animal that has very good awareness. 4 footer, they are grounded ( no shoes ). They sense buried traps and dig them up or avoid them. My guess is they sense ( smell? ) the Fe++ isotope of the steel in the soil. The act of burying traps disturbs the ground balance so the soil of the trap area is different than outlying undisturbed soil. Prospectors understand ground balance.

4 hours ago, Foxhill said:

Interesting Bigfeets figured out what a game cam is, but is fooled by some dude banging a stick on a tree?

Who says they are?

BFF Patron
1 minute ago, Somerset said:

Who says they are?

Me says!

4 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

Me says!

A knock is a knock

I dont personally believe that.

Edited by Somerset

BFF Patron
Just now, Somerset said:

A knock is a knock

:thumbsup:

Just now, Foxhill said:

:thumbsup:

I dont believe a knock is a knock, they are so tuned in that they can tell what's real or not based on the tree being hit and the wood that's hitting it.

BFF Patron
1 minute ago, Somerset said:

I dont believe a knock is a knock, they are so tuned in that they can tell what's real or not based on the tree being hit and the wood that's hitting it.

:thumbsup: That's awesome, lets not derail the thread any future....you think they know what a game cam does?

1 minute ago, Foxhill said:

:thumbsup: That's awesome, lets not derail the thread any future....you think they know what a game cam does?

No, they dont know what it does.

A number of years ago I didn't know what a game cam was but I've known what trees are for most of my life.  Back then I would of been very suspicious of the lump of plastic stuck to the tree especially If it wasn't on the tree the last time I passed, I know It aint normal because every tree would have one if so, probably best to give it a wide birth till I know more. BF will never know more so will forever give game cams a wide birth.

Admin
3 hours ago, Twist said:

The idea of them knowing what a camera does is something I cannot get on board with.  Not in any way, shape, or form.   I find it too far out there to believe they could understand the technology behind a camera.

I concur 100%. I just think they know it is foreign and who put it there. That is enough for them to stay well away. But then of course, you have the outlying reports where they are stolen or messed with from behind. Still think the dual cameras pointed at each other might have some benefit possibly.

57 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

The 'lead away' maneuver is common with animals and birds.

Yes, I have seen theories that Patty was leading them away from a baby or possibly leading them into a trap.

4 hours ago, Twist said:

The idea of them knowing what a camera does is something I cannot get on board with.  Not in any way, shape, or form.   I find it too far out there to believe they could understand the technology behind a camera.

Twist

I am not sure that they have to understand the technology of these cameras. Remember that these creatures are wild but intelligent. So knowing that they some how may be trapped is their motivating factor. That is to stay away from those camera traps hat we post.  It could be as simple as them watching us place these cameras on tree's to keep them away. That's their woods not ours they own it and we are just trespassers.

2 hours ago, Somerset said:

No, they dont know what it does.

A number of years ago I didn't know what a game cam was but I've known what trees are for most of my life.  Back then I would of been very suspicious of the lump of plastic stuck to the tree especially If it wasn't on the tree the last time I passed, I know It aint normal because every tree would have one if so, probably best to give it a wide birth till I know more. BF will never know more so will forever give game cams a wide birth.

That would mean that Bigfoot memorized every tree in their territory.  I find that hard to believe as well.  That also means BF do not leave their territory or else they could pass a cam in a foreign territory.   

what about a Bigfoot coming up from behind the tree with a cam on it and then cutting left or right crossing the camera path?  

There are a lot of scenarios where a BF could come across a camera and either not know it or it was to late and it was caught on the camera.

What about people that describe gifting?   People claim to leave gifts and return them back in return.   Do you discount those events because BF would avoid a foreign objects in the woods?

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

If you have not read the info Norse posted, its worth a look see. It covers something me and some of my hunting buddies would discuss in relation to the big older smarter/elusive deer that always seem to be one step ahead.

Where those deer smarter or just the most fearful to reach the "Big Dog" status?  

14 minutes ago, Foxhill said:

If you have not read the info Norse posted, its worth a look see. It covers something me and some of my hunting buddies would discuss in relation to the big older smarter/elusive deer that always seem to be one step ahead.

Where those deer smarter or just the most fearful to reach the "Big Dog" status?  

Whitetails like that become nocturnal when the pressure starts . They can still be viewed legally as long as you have no hunting instrument in your possession .

But most importantly they can still be caught on game cams. 

But so does Bigfoot! We have supposed Bigfoot on trail cameras. We have pictures and film of supposed Bigfoot as well.

Nothing is infallible…. 

Not catching them often could be a whole host of reasons. Intelligence or being forest wise could be a factor. But I think much more importantly? It’s an extremely rare creature. More rare than a Grizzly bear in the lower 48. This is a unpopular opinion. But I’m on a roll so there it is.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
7 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Whitetails like that become nocturnal when the pressure starts . They can still be viewed legally as long as you have no hunting instrument in your possession .

But most importantly they can still be caught on game cams. 

10/4 dat....We were actually allowed to hunt at night as part of a game management program on a very large property. I consider most whitetail in Va nocturnal and yes they could care less about cams and in a lot of cases are very interested in them.