Two Reasons Not to Trust the Sasquatch People

Madison5716

16 minutes ago, Bigcathunter said:

Only the Bible says there were giants before the flood AND after the flood…..

The only giant directly referenced after the flood is Goliath.   Goliath was identified as a man who could talk and wear armor and carry a spear.   In no reference is any giant or the 'giants in those days' referred to anything but a man.  Also, those days don't necessarily mean the post-flood world but assume it did anyway.   There is no reference specifically to Nephilim after this reference.    It is a leap to assume any reference to giants is synonymous with specifically Nephilim esp when one further considers the logic of the flood in the story.    In addition, why would they be named in one spot and not another?

The poster which started this thread concept is trying to indicate Bigfoot is part of a specific group.   He gets this idea from a specific book.  That specific book has a story.  The rest of that story is the fact a flood was sent to destroy all matter of wickedness which the Nephilim are part.   This is beyond dispute if the story is the parameters of the source.

Should Bigfoot exist, we don't need Bigfoot to be the result of some reference of old, or even an experiment Joseph Stalin creates supermen out of apes and human cross breading.   It's enough the simple reasons are able to be logical reasons all by themselves.

I knew a kid who kept coloring in the color green.  His mom was freaked out.  I asked the kid, "why do you color everything in green?"  He stated, "Because green is my favorite color.  I like green" 

Everything doesn't have to be such a reach especially a reach needed to reach into something which is an undefined mystery in an obscure reference.   But If we still go there anyway, then the logic of the entire reference needs to apply.   When it does, the reasoning- by his own standard- makes zero sense.    

Final thought:

I realize my interpretation of things might be diff and viewed differently by diff references esp. as it relates to religious books.  Lots of interpretations on what my interpretations are.  

That is the Point.   That is the danger of using such works in a discussion deigned to determine if a cypto exists period.   Such a discussions becomes a quicksand.  Even though I tried to avoid it, I fell in just that easy.  Now I'm out and not going near it again.   

Admin

OK folks, getting really close to the the religion line as opposed to how it helps explain BF. Please step back or we will have to lock the thread. Good comments, just getting to close to the edge.

You have been warned!

Feel free to carry on.

Thanks!

VAFooter

• Upvote 2

Trusting Sasquatch people

i have read where better known names like Peter Bern and others have pulled some things over the years on trust.   Don’t know what is true and what is not.  Some might be inclined to believe him or others based on someone being one of “my guys”.  I’d say be cautious on trusting anyone.  Daniel Perez gave a Bigfoot talk back in the era of the OJ trail.  He took on the devils advocate role taking the position of the top 8 or 9 reasons why the PGF should be suspect.  Keep in mind he stated in reality he thought the PGF is 100% real and assume he still does.   The point of his talk was to teach we need to be careful of what we take as true and be open-minded.  He also made a pretty good point to strive to be a person with critical thinking and challenge many things we are told even if it helps “my side”

in that spirit I say to Q things in the way Daniel Perez was suggesting.   We would all be better for it if we did,  Skeptic , believers, and undecideds alike.

( if you get a chance what the vid which is on a thread under the Patterson Gimlin Film.)

The Tar Pit beckons.......

Edit: Nothing is off limits there!

Edited by Incorrigible1

18 hours ago, VAfooter said:

OK folks, getting really close to the the religion line as opposed to how it helps explain BF. Please step back or we will have to lock the thread. Good comments, just getting to close to the edge.

You have been warned!

Feel free to carry on.

Thanks!

VAFooter

Sorry I didn’t realize religion is frowned upon here. I’m a Christian.

Admin

Rule # 4 

No Politics or Religion

For those not aware, the forum rules can be found here:

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/12199-new-members-first-time-instructions/

I would suggest everyone take a few minutes to go back and familiarize themselves with them.

Politics and religion are very hot button issues that can lead to arguments rapidly, and everyone has their own, unique outlook on them. And most folks have strong feelings about what they believe on these subjects. Discussions can get heated in just a few posts, leading to personal attacks, name calling, and other things. That is why we do not allow them on the open forum. They are fair game, and indeed are popular topics, in the Tar Pit.

All in all, it is best to completely steer clear of these topics when posting.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Rule # 4 

No Politics or Religion

For those not aware, the forum rules can be found here:

https://bigfootforums.com/topic/12199-new-members-first-time-instructions/

I would suggest everyone take a few minutes to go back and familiarize themselves with them.

Politics and religion are very hot button issues that can lead to arguments rapidly, and everyone has their own, unique outlook on them. And most folks have strong feelings about what they believe on these subjects. Discussions can get heated in just a few posts, leading to personal attacks, name calling, and other things. That is why we do not allow them on the open forum. They are fair game, and indeed are popular topics, in the Tar Pit.

All in all, it is best to completely steer clear of these topics when posting.

I totally understand. These issues do lead to arguments.

4 hours ago, Bigcathunter said:

I totally understand. These issues do lead to arguments.

Less filling!

I found a website that perfectly describes the hierarchy of exclusion that applies to this thread.

I don't think I mentioned it in this thread before, but maybe other threads of a similar bent?

The question is, and none of know this answer, where do these things fall on this hierarchy?

https://spacearchaeology.org/?p=79#:~:text=Varelse (pronounced var-ELSS-,%2C varelse means “creature.”

The problem is, even if you have a philosophy about where they fall, it doesn't matter because "they" don't care about your philosophy... And if you're wrong, you get smashed to pulp. In my opinion, dogs are higher on this hierarchy than bigfoot are.

You're better off trusting a raging bull in an arena while wearing red, because at least then you can be reasonably confident of their next move.

16 hours ago, Doodler said:

The question is, and none of know this answer, where do these things fall on this hierarchy?

In a country of 330 million people and a world of 8-9 Billion I have no idea how many are even interested in topics such as the Loch Ness Monters, DB cooper, Bigfoot, Amelia Erhart disappearance and so on.    Whatever the number, certainly if a Bigfoot was shot today there would be a media frenzy to see it and find out, "What the heck is it?"    Take UFO's There was a recent release of a video of a jet pilot who comments about the encounter in real time on a video of their radar screen.   What does it mean?    I am sure to those who follow the UFO issue it is a big deal.    For most other people its a quick interest.   Then, not being a smoking gun, the move on and say, "Well if they ever get proof, I'd like to see it, meanwhile, what's for dinner tonight"

I have no idea how many are interested in concept, discussion, or proof of Bigfoot.   There are enough people who are to at least give decent ratings to that Nitch market of people via TV shows.   Discovery Channel doesn't have shows on proving the Easter Bunny is real.  They do have shows similar to Shark Week and specials during November 22 about the JFK assassination.

So where are we in the big picture of things with Bigfoot?  I would say it is a low priority or thought by many people.  I have no numbers to back it up.   I would imagine that very few have taken serious undertaking of the PGF study.   Some of this is generational.  Some of this is just scientific political pressure where the serious study by serious academics = being label as a non-serious scientist.

Most probably don't care.    Many people don't really care about Amelia Erhart.   She crashed and died, and they are moving on.  But if her plane was found it would be all over the news at least for a day and millions would care deeply short term at least.    

I imagine most Americans have a very passive interest in Bigfoot, but it is minimal.  The pretty much think it's a hoax, it's possible, or it's real.   But really until some proof comes out in an obvious way like a new PGF level video or a body on a slab they will move on to other things.  Meanwhile, those who take it up as a bit of a hobby like those on the BFF, will continue to give it some strong attention.   

Really, until the earth-shattering discovery of Bigfoot, that is where we are.   

Until then, most of America will take interests when there is some new major news to report.   

Edited by Backdoc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

"And then he asked me for tree-fiddy! 

I said 'h* ** no, sasquatch! I ain't giving you no tree-fiddy!"

Edited by guyzonthropus
  • Upvote 1