Two Reasons Not to Trust the Sasquatch People

Madison5716

6 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

"And then he asked me for tree-fiddy! 

I said 'h* ** no, sasquatch! I ain't giving you no tree-fiddy!"

But in the end, you wound up giving him tree fiddy, didn't you?

• Upvote 1

Nah, I only had a buck twenty five after the loch Ness monster hit me up.....but yeah I gave him the $1.25

Dig that crazy doubleneck Danelectro guitar! And the pink Rickenbacher bass! 

• Haha 1

^^^

Makes me wonder what a betting site might be for odds of proving Bigfoot exists?

Sports, politics, academy awards, and so on have betting sites.  They might put 1/1000 odds on some sports team winning it all.    When they set odds, they clearly are careful to consider how likely the event is to occur since money is involved.

If such a site set the odds of killing Bigfoot I wonder what they might be?  

odds of killing a deer.   Very high

odds of killing a Wolverine.    Low

odds of killing a bigfot.      Has to be extreme.     On that a $10 bet might make you a millionaire.  

what are the odds makers betting line to capture or kill Bigfoot?     

image.jpeg.dcb41708682bb2c8891e14ff1702870d.jpeg

Edited by Backdoc

We can leave religion and aliens out of it!

IF you go into the woods unprepared and without respect and reverence to mother natures power? IF you do not realize from the moment you step out of your car door that you are nothing more than a meatsicle? IF you place your own morality onto wild animals competing for the right to exist on this planet?

Your a dead person! Maybe it will take a week, a month, a year or a decade. But your bad habits will eventually catch up to you.
Dead man walking…

Also! Bigfoot is not a Homo Sapien. The term Cannibalism only applies to Sapien on Sapien consumption. A Bigfoot eating you is no different than a Grizzly eating you. Again. Do not place your morality onto something fighting for survival. You will lose.

Buy a gun. Buy bear spray. Buy a knife. By a GPS tracker. Become competent with them. Save your own life!

Don't become Timothy Treadwell!

71C1611B-536C-4BE8-B093-CA55E3037B19.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, Explorer said:

I think that some folks who pursue interactions with sasquatches and treat them as teachers, elders, forest keepers or brothers are delusional.  I agree with Carpenter in that those people who claim interactions with them and claim to communicate with them, have obtained conflicting and useless information.  One possible hypothesis is self-delusion, whereas everybody hears their own internal voice when they go out into the forest to communicate with seen or unseen entities.  They hear what they want to hear or what they want to believe.  An alternative hypothesis is that the entities are trickers and are indeed deceiving and telling lies to every one of those experiencers, but that hypothesis is more complex and requires more assumptions than the simpler self-deception.  And, we don’t have any scientific data to support either hypothesis (just anecdotal evidence which is very weak,  dispersed, and not fully vetted).

Great points, and I agree heavily with this.

On 7/11/2022 at 12:50 AM, norseman said:

We can leave religion and aliens out of it!

My "Alien Abduction Insurance" is not to bring Aliens into the discussion.  If Bigfoot exists, UFO's or Aliens have absolutely 100% nothing to do with it.  

My point of the Joke Meme of Aliens was to illustrate probability as a joke.  That is, how likely is something actually really likely to happen.   

The point involved Betting Sites and Bigfoot.   Nate Silver in his book "The Signal and the Noise" stated when money is at stake, people tend to sharpen their odds in a more realistic way.   That's why sports betting or politics, or academy award predictions have odds and attempts to be really accurate when money is involved. The odds-makers take great care in trying to get it right, so they make money or at least prevent loss of money in a betting scheme.   

Now let's move to Bigfoot. What would we set the odds of actually shooting and bringing in a Bigfoot body?  I don't know what they are but I am guessing really low.  

The reason I mention betting odds is to illustrate if we can agree the odds are low then we can agree the odds of finding one and filming one would also be low.  This should diffuse this idea of, "Why are there not 100 PGF-like videos out there is Bigfoot is real"

Aliens (and religion) have no place in the conversation.   Even by explaining myself, I fear others will take my joke (to illustrate a point) and further perpetuate that line of discussion.  

Reasons not to trust Sasquatch people?

From reading various threads, I’d say it’s pre-conceived notions.  There may be reasons to believe in Bigfoot.   Yet some are so convinced they see Bigfoot in every park, photo, and footprint.   

I feel a little better with the reluctant witness who has no pre-conceived bias.    

for too many, every snap of a twig is another Bigfoot.    That’s the biggest reason.  We know there are liars out there in everything.  But, too often many honest people are lying to themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not watched the video, but I have my own opinion.  I do not mess around in their territory except to use a proven method of set up camp, make some loud noises, and they will come to investigate.  To date I have seen 15 since 2007.  9 of them came within 100 ft and 6 of them stayed hiding in the bushes watching us for most of the night, but my closest experience was about 18 inches.  I had a trailer turned into a blind.  I was in an area where there were maybe 5 white Bigfoot, and while i was in the trailer I heard what I believe to be a Bigfoot walking thru the grass and walked up to the trailer.  I had a TV mounted so it was only seen from the outside, but there was about a 1/4 inch crack.  Here I was for about 30 seconds about 18 inches from a bigfoot.  I could hear the breathing and it was moving a massive amount of air and sounded like a horse that had just been running.  All there was between me and it was a 3/8 inch piece of plywood.  Had it wanted me 3/8 inch of wood would be no problem to bust thru.  I guess I was not interesting to watch so in about 30 seconds I heard it walk away, and so far as I know it never stopped by to visit me again.  I was on Indian land and every year until about March this same family would come and spend the winter in that area.  I was 1/2 mile from Ft. Sill Oklahoma, and 7 miles from the Wichita Wildlife Refuge which has about 55,000 acres of land.  Never one time did i feel fear, nor was I threated in any way except for the usual rocks thrown.  When I camp I sleep in the open hoping to wake up and here is this Bigfoot standing over me watching me sleep.  I play a snoring sound most of them time so they will think I am asleep.

• Upvote 1