Looking for any DNA studies related to Sasquatch

Darby Orcutt

6 hours ago, MegWhite said:

That’s fascinating! May I ask which university? I certainly look forward to following along as you release or publish your findings! Do you think genetic testing could be done on the jaw bone of Homo Gardarensis? Or more likely after a genome has been (fingers so crossed) established? From what I could find it was only physically compared and studied and then put away. The only article or document I can find on this subject is here, and I have requested a copy of it out of pure fascination! What if the DNA could be tested now and lead to a huge discovery that could help the Sasquatch world scientifically? (I know I’m of course teaching and romanticizing, but imagine! Lol)  
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/263293017_Inventing_Homo_gardarensis_Prestige_Pressure_and_Human_Evolution_in_Interwar_Scandinavia

Noted! Lol I will take a listen to this very shortly, thank you! 

I am at North Carolina State University. Some brief information here: darbyorcutt.com

The skull formerly called H. Gardarensis is probably what it is now thought to be: an atypical but normal human skull. Its possible connection to Sasquatch is highly speculative. That said, it (or other museum specimens) could be later found to be of a new species if and when such a new species were identified. I would imagine that if we had DNA sequences for a new species, that might spur some reassessments of select museum specimens. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Darby Orcutt said:

I am at North Carolina State University. Some brief information here: darbyorcutt.com

The skull formerly called H. Gardarensis is probably what it is now thought to be: an atypical but normal human skull. Its possible connection to Sasquatch is highly speculative. That said, it (or other museum specimens) could be later found to be of a new species if and when such a new species were identified. I would imagine that if we had DNA sequences for a new species, that might spur some reassessments of select museum specimens. 

Yes I know it was said that it was said it was a modern human skull (different accounts within 1000 years from what I have found online) that showed signs of acromegaly. Will check out your website also! 

15 hours ago, Darby Orcutt said:

Here's an interview I did about this in late December (Note: I am not responsible for the framing of this by the host!):

Enjoyed this! Thank you!

On 5/2/2022 at 7:59 PM, Darby Orcutt said:

Here's an interview I did about this in late December (Note: I am not responsible for the framing of this by the host!):

This is fascinating thank you. 

The mosquito aspect is something I hadn't previously thought about, but going back over my Jurassic Park knowledge......... of course, they would have blood from other animals in their locality in their system and logically the fauna in that locality could be determined if we could analyse it. Then we could create one in a lab :popcorn:

On 5/5/2022 at 12:08 PM, Celtic Raider said:

Then we could create one in a lab :popcorn:

I'm assuming you're writing this in jest, but I know some of the folks actually working on this with extinct species. The technology is very interesting, but quite different than Jurassic Park!

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2022 at 1:47 AM, Darby Orcutt said:

I'm assuming you're writing this in jest, but I know some of the folks actually working on this with extinct species. The technology is very interesting, but quite different than Jurassic Park!

Haha yes :), but it's true what they say, Science Fact is sometimes stranger than Science Fiction! I've read some very interesting stuff on DNA and extinct species and it's amazing where this could take us over the next decade or so it really is. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for making a thread about this. I have been frustrated over the years trying to get to the bottom of alleged Bigfoot dna analyses results too. 

I'm also in NC. I live in the Charlotte, Mint Hill-Matthews area. 

Edited by Stabbath
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stabbath said:

Thank you for making a thread about this. I have been frustrated over the years trying to get to the bottom of alleged Bigfoot dna analyses results too. 

I'm also in NC. I live in the Charlotte, Mint Hill-Matthews area. 

Thank you. This is but one place I've been seeking leads, and I'm planning to write something up about all this, and will be definitely post a link to that here when I do.

• Like 1