Dr. Melba Ketchum Schedule To Speak About Sasquatch Dna On October 1, 2011

The conference then presented a talk by a retired Forest Ranger....

He told us about a recent event nearby, on July 4th, 2011. He said he had allowed a Bigfoot group from Texas to spend weeks during the summer months at a cabin of his in order to study the local Bigfoot population. On this day, a family member went to the cabin and was fired upon by someone with a machine gun. To make a not too long story even shorter, the Forest Ranger said that he learned that the Bigfoot group (he said it was BFRO, Texas branch, when asked) was not there to study Bigfoot, but to hunt and shoot it! He said there is a confession from one member of the group who fired the automatic weapon that hit his family member's vehicle. He confessed he was actually shooting at a Bigfoot (and I guess somehow his bullets must have hit the vehicle). The retired Forest Ranger said all of this information is on file at the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Sounds like an intentional attempt to smear the BFRO.

Who is the forest ranger ?

Who gave the confession ?

Who is the family member ?

What is the police report number ?

WHERE ARE THEIR STATEMENTS ????

I guess this makes Dr. Ketchum tha Axle Rose of Bigfootery. How lame and I am very, very glad I did not make the trip to see a video presentation of a whole lotta nothing. I feel bad for those that did and thought they were going to here something relevant. I guess the word soon will continue to be used for the next however many weeks, months and quite possibly years.

I arrived at the conference just about the time Ketchum was to speak. She wasn't there; instead, Troy Hudson spoke. He said that he had been in contact with Ketchum on and off for a week. She informed him she was having to devote time to the paper (perhaps to comply with her reviewers---my impression) and maybe could not make it to Honobia. When it became apparent that she was too tied down to go, they arranged to have her interviewed on camera for the conference.

When asked how many other Bigfoot organizations had submitted samples to Ketchum, he seemed reluctant to offer up all the organizations and only mentioned his outfit (he had a booth in the back), the Erickson Project and one other. As for samples submitted, he made no mention of any "Sierra shootings" or any "steak sample." (He mentioned only saliva, hair, and bone, if I remember, but definitely did not mention the Sierra sample).

I hope I have not misrepresented what I saw and heard at the conference. If I did, it is unintentional. And I hope I wasn't too snarky.

Thats a pretty good overview Jerry, did you happen to catch the names of the organizations that did have successful submissions from Melba in her interview?

I don't know, it sounded a little like that operation endurance thing the TBRC is doing, but they're not known for a pro-kill policy nor the BFRO.

Guest RedRatSnake

He suggested some BF organizations did not submit any samples at all. He implied that such organizations did not want to be part of the study because the results would be an "end game" for them. I took this to mean that the supporters of the idea of a Great American Ape will be decisively refuted by the DNA results.

Hi

My opinion is that no matter what evidence is presented to anyone, until there is a body it's always going to be met with skepticism only to prolong the real truth, what ever that maybe.

I think maybe your post is correct about the ~ End Game ~ cause so many have so much at stake in this thing, to have a real DNA study come up short will hurt many that like the easy BF $$$$, to me there are some that don't want the real deal anymore they want BF to stay in the forest ~

Tim www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-humor-086.gif

The Forest Ranger was elderly and nervous. My notes stated "Texas BRFO", so I may have misunderstood him. I also thought I heard him mention UFO a couple of times. So I won't claim he definitely meant BFRO--- it was my casual impression.

The fellow who fired the shots allegedly gave the confession. He also wrote a check for $2000 to cover damages to the vehicle. The retired Forest Ranger, Charles Branson, mentioned at least twice that the confession is on file at the Polk County Sheriff's Office (I will check to see if there is such a county name in the area). He said he has the check the careless shooter sent to cover the damage to the relative's vehicle.

He did explain who the family member was, but I didn't take down that relevant information.

His presentation was casual and a tad meandering. He also mentioned a sighting in 1952 in the area. He said that several people in the area have seen Bigfoot, but won't speak about it. I think he was sincere and I don't think was purposefully trying to smear anyone.

Please investigate this if you wish --- don't take my casual impressions as gospel.

Thats a pretty good overview Jerry, did you happen to catch the names of the organizations that did have successful submissions from Melba in her interview?

She mentioned several, but sorry, I didn't write them down. (The volume was going up and down---too loud, then too soft.)

Not surprised. Not paying any attention to this anymore. Does adoesdoes a North American are exempt? Yes. Does anyone involved with this have anything to contribute? On.

B) 'southernyahoo': There are plenty of Pro-Kill individuals who belong to No-Kill groups.

- Dudlow

Danged closet pro-killers....:mad: I smell desperation.

I don't know, it sounded a little like that operation endurance thing the TBRC is doing, but they're not known for a pro-kill policy nor the BFRO.

I would say there is a possiblity that the Bigfoot researcher merely claimed he was shooting at a Bigfoot to cover up some careless target practice.

Guest Dudlow
Danged closet pro-killers....:mad: I smell desperation.

B) I think you nailed it, 'southernyahoo'. With all the ups and downs, hoaxes and failed promises of the past few years, some short sighted folks feel they have simply run out of time and patience. And maybe with the global economy in the dumpster some are beginning to actually see bagging Biggy as the answer to their broken financial dreams. Strange times we live in.... :wacko:

- Dudlow

She mentioned several, but sorry, I didn't write them down. (The volume was going up and down---too loud, then too soft.)

Yes the audio was not the best, video cameras do have that attenuation function , which can be both useful and annoying.