Dr. Melba Ketchum Schedule To Speak About Sasquatch Dna On October 1, 2011

Guest parnassus

Now Hairy, I never said it was true. I only said it was reported. Like it or not there are people sending Lindsay information (many of the things he's reported have been confirmed by other sources). I'm also certain the Nature rumor isn't a creation of his imagination. Of course, that still doesn't make it true.

We've heard the rumors Ketchum missed Honobia because she left the country. Lindsay says it was London. Parnassus seems to think she was vacationing in France (at least that's how I read his posts). Others report the trip was directly related to the review of her paper. Now Parnassus says he knows the paper hasn't been accepted by Nature. Clearly there's a pattern developing. Maybe Ketchum is Dr. Jekyll to Parnassus Mr. Hyde. Just to be clear, that was entirely speculative.

I thought it was clear that my reference to France was a joke.

The story that the journal is Nature is false. That is not a joke nor is it speculation.

The story that the journal is Nature is false. That is not a joke nor is it speculation.

Why isn't it speculation?

Guest HairyGreek

Now Hairy, I never said it was true. I only said it was reported.

Yeah, by a dingbat who opened a whole can o' worms before anyone even got to the fishing hole. I like you and RW and am suprised you two go in for that sensationalism.

Has he ever been right about anything someone else couldn't have found out somewhere else? I think there is more than enough stirring the pot as-is without someone reporting every peice of unsubstantiated drivel and then everyone dogpiling on it.

And people say the supernaturalists ruin the Bigfoot argument...please.

/rant - JMVHO. B)

Edited by HairyGreek

Yeah, by a dingbat who opened a whole can o' worms before anyone even got the fishing hole. I like you and RW and am suprised you two go in for that sensationalism.

Has he ever been right about anything someone else couldn't have found out somewhere else? I think there is more than enough stirring the pot as-is without someone reporting ever peice of unsubstantiated drivel and then everyone dogpiling on it.

And people say the supernaturalists ruin the Bigfoot argument...please.

/rant - JMVHO.

At the risk of speaking for Slim, I don't think either one of us take Lindsay's post as anything other than what they are, sensational rumors. What's more fun than that? I don't take anything he writes as the final word or the most reliable word.

Guest HairyGreek

I had to explain that one in chat recently Parn. I got it. Some people don't think you joke. Emoticons help FYI.

I had to explain that one in chat recently Parn. I got it. Some people don't think you joke. Emoticons help FYI.

I know he jokes. I just didn't know he was funny. :D

Guest parnassus

Please don't make me get out my Magic Eight Ball.

You should keep it on your desk top like I do. However, this intel did not come from that.

However, this intel did not come from that.

Where did it come from?

In case you don't recognize the pattern, I'll keep asking until I get an answer.

Guest HairyGreek

Dude, we're talking about bigfoot here!

There is more than enough reasons on that site to stay away from on principal alone; BF as the subject of the posts notwithstanding.

@RW - no, Parn isn't actually funny. ;) (that's how that works Parn) And it was your boy Lindsey who dropped the "Nature" rumor apparently. I can't escape him since everyone else quotes him in their blogs even if they don't like him AND he is always wrong. I actually thought it was your blog RW, that reported on the "Nature" thing being on his...

Crap Parn...are you using "secret sources" now too? What's this world coming to when a esteemed writer on the JREF board talks like a conspiracy theorist?

This whole convo is like the "Who's on first?" skit from Abbot and Costello.

Edited by HairyGreek

@RW - no, Parn isn't actually funny. ;) (that's how that works Parn) And it was your boy Lindsey who dropped the "Nature" rumor apparently. I can't escape him since everyone else quotes him in their blogs even if they don't like him AND he is always wrong. I actually thought it was your blog RW, that reported on the "Nature" thing being on his...

Well, I was contacted by someone early on about the Nature rumor, but I didn't do anything with it because I couldn't confirm it. It wasn't until Lindsay put it on his site that I referenced the rumor. Even then I made it clear that it was a rumor. Here's what I said copied straight from my blog:

I was contacted on this blog and via private messaging by an individual weeks ago insisting the paper was under peer review by Nature. Is my source the same individual? I don’t know, but I do find it interesting that Lindsay, and I both received the same information. I didn’t report on it then, because there was just no way for me to confirm it. I present it to you here as still unconfirmed information.

That whole blog post was introduced as "rumor and conjecture," and I encouraged people to read it with a "skeptical eye."

If Parn shares his source with us here, I'll happily post it on my blog with the same cautionary note. No offense to Parn, but I don't really know him beyond this forum, so I can't give it my seal of approval without confirmation.

And as far as the nature (no pun intended) of the rest of Lindsay's blog, I take exception with nearly everything else I read on his blog. That being said, I don't see that his views on race and capitalism specifically invalidate his views on Bigfoot. Mel Gibson has said some pretty offensive things in addition to acting inappropriately with some women, yet I still think Apocalypto is one of the best movies ever made.

Edited by rwridley

Guest HairyGreek

That whole blog post was introduced as "rumor and conjecture," and I encouraged people to read it with a "skeptical eye."

Yup, I got that from it. It was a good read.