Could you pull the trigger?

CelticKevin

Lower jaw and at least one hand has been my plan.  We carry a few big ziplock freezer bags just for that purpose.  I carry a large knife, so hopefully I could get the samples and then haul butt out.  

If that wasn’t doable, a few fingers and teeth.  

What amazes me the most with this kind of "I would shoot if threatened" dialogue is that there are other options that people will not take instead of placing themselves in such a potential confrontation. I mean, it's all tough talk and plays to the crowd and all, but where that toughness hiding when emails or even phone calls take such a back seat, or are something no one would ever dream of doing. I sent five emails to the Washington State DNR inquiring only about their evaluation of the nest finds. No answer, and the dialogue around this Forum about that was in no way kind.

I subsequently contacted my own F&W and did in fact, to their credit, get responses to my emails plus received a phone call. The response I got was that the F&W in my state wasn't sure Sasquatch doesn't exist, which, of course, brings up another set of questions. Has anyone else tried that? Specifically in regards to the Sasquatch existence question? And if so, what was the response?

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

What amazes me the most with this kind of "I would shoot if threatened" dialogue is that there are other options that people will not take instead of placing themselves in such a potential confrontation. I mean, it's all tough talk and plays to the crowd and all, but where that toughness hiding when emails or even phone calls take such a back seat, or are something no one would ever dream of doing. I sent five emails to the Washington State DNR inquiring only about their evaluation of the nest finds. No answer, and the dialogue around this Forum about that was in no way kind.

I subsequently contacted my own F&W and did in fact, to their credit, get responses to my emails plus received a phone call. The response I got was that the F&W in my state wasn't sure Sasquatch doesn't exist, which, of course, brings up another set of questions. Has anyone else tried that? Specifically in regards to the Sasquatch existence question? And if so, what was the response?

You're equating securing a body (or parts thereof) with fearlessly sending emails?

You're truly spectacular.

Either the rank and file who would be the point of contact either don’t know anything, or they will have been instructed to not entertain such communication.  

I just don’t see the government coming clean with any knowledge that they might have, unless there was a high placed whistleblower and major media outlet involved.  

I don’t begrudge anyone taking this route…and who knows?  It might be the better route to take.  I just choose to spend my energy and time elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

You're equating securing a body (or parts thereof) with fearlessly sending emails?

You're truly spectacular.

Pointless post.

29 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I don’t begrudge anyone taking this route…and who knows?  It might be the better route to take.  I just choose to spend my energy and time elsewhere.

That's why I end up being the only one.....and it sucks. I spend my time and energy elsewhere, too, but I also spend time pursuing other avenues. And just because you say, "...and who knows? It might be the better route to take," doesn't mean squat. People STILL won't try, except maybe the few that have once, and then walked away. How many times do people go into the field? Hundreds. How many times might they send off an inquiry? Not even worth mentioning. I see MIB and Inorrigible one have some up and coming comments, let's see what they have to say, other than they TO will pull the trigger if BF threatens them. It's kind of a sad joke really.

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Has anyone else tried that? Specifically in regards to the Sasquatch existence question? And if so, what was the response?

I went one better.   I walked into the local DFW field office and talked to one of the staff biologists.    I got laughed out of the building.    So much for that approach.  :(

MIB

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MIB said:

I went one better.   I walked into the local DFW field office and talked to one of the staff biologists.    I got laughed out of the building.    So much for that approach.  :(

MIB

If that really happened as you describe, which I doubt, then that response is YOUR fault. Not theirs. Also, if you get yourself into a situation where you have to defend yourself against a Sasquatch by shooting it? The so-called 'last resort?" Then, again,YOUR fault, not theirs. The Bigfoot, a wild creature, is not accountable- YOU are. And so is anyone else who does the same. I mean, one WOULD pull the trigger in a forced situation like that. And it would be forced. A member's partner recently got bluff charged by something. Shall we discuss why that happened? Believe me, it won't be pretty.

5 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

mirrormirror.jpg

Stupid stuff for a grown up. And again, pointless.

Edited by hiflier

Most of my chats with government types were outside the office and hushed. I was never laughed at and they answered my questions, but I got the impression the answers given would be different if I'd went to their office.

• Upvote 1

A member's partner recently got bluff charged by something. Shall we discuss why that happened? Believe me, it won't be pretty.

Stupid stuff for a grown up. And again, pointless.

That was my account and my partner.

Thus, any comments regarding that can be directed to me… pretty or otherwise.  

I don’t understand the perceived venom of your statement here.  In so many words, you are calling the efforts of those of us who are actively out in the field juvenile, while stating that a letter writing campaign would be a more worthwhile expenditure of our time.

I don’t want someone else to tell me about these creatures, whether they are involved with the government or pushing their own narrative.  I want to experience the phenomenon myself in whatever limited capacity that I can.  I want to compile my own data, compare it with others who I trust, and make my own determinations.  

Respectfully… I don’t care what the government has to say about the topic, so seeking information from them does not appeal to me.  I wouldn’t trust anything that they had to say regarding the phenomenon, so why attempt to obtain any statement?  

The only statements that I would find believable would be off the record comments from the rank and file…like I just got from a Forest Service LEO on the phone 20 minutes ago.  And while that’s believable to me… it’s just as much ‘evidence’ as my account of possibly being charged.  Another anecdotal account on the internet that a rational person might file away for future comparison…but, shouldn’t accept as unverified fact. 

However, if you choose to do write letters and call offices, I don’t begrudge you your efforts and I wish you the best of luck.  I will be the first to congratulate you if you have any concrete success.  I won’t denigrate your efforts or intentions, even if they are not my first choice.

• Upvote 1

Bingo!! And kudos to you, Big Time. I have NEVER been laughed at by anyone, F&W, academia, or ANY scientists....EVER. Let me ask you something? Did take much time? Cost much money? Or hurt?

2 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I will be the first to congratulate you if you have any concrete success.

I don't WANT to be congratulated on what should be a normal, civil course of action. It isn't special in any sense of the word. To me it's a matter of course in research.

4 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

In so many words, you are calling the efforts of those of us who are actively out in the field juvenile, while stating that a letter writing campaign would be a more worthwhile expenditure of our time.

How the heck did you draw that conclusion? You know I'm in the field too? Emailing institutions and people isn't MORE worthwhile. It is an equal part of my program. What am I going to do when I get home? Hope it doesn't rain a week from now? Or utilize my time with outreach to supplement my field work? It isn't one or the other and it isn't imbalanced. I just emailed the GCBRO earlier to inquire about whether or not the DNA "unknown primate" results from 2009 would be available for review. This isn't hard stuff to do and I consider running down these other avenues just as important as field work. If I encourage others to do this sort of thing but I don't do it myself? Then my own credibility is worthless. If I talk DNA but haven't spent one minute studying it or learning how to deploy myself to collect samples then, again, my credibility is in the toilet.

And I won't stop until someone in an official capacity tells me the creatures truly don't exist, or truly do. Is it a dangerous road to be on? Maybe, and maybe not. Considering the importance of the outcome, who should care?

• Haha 1

Admin

Lets take a break.

BTW, I will shoot one on sight and pose for the trophy picture.

trophy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
SSR Team

I've gone back and forth on this for years internally.

One day i want to, in order to prove existence so i can stick the biggest finger imaginable up to so many, which of course is pure selfishness, and on other days i become unselfish and want them just left be, knowing full well that them being 'known' to mankind and what would still be a relatively small but influential portion of the planet IE the western world, won't help the species whatsoever and will probably even contribute to its complete demise. 

But, to answer the question of the topic, absolutely i could, it's the 'would' that i struggle with now.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2022 at 3:43 PM, gigantor said:

Lets take a break.

BTW, I will shoot one on sight and pose for the trophy picture.

trophy.jpg

When yah shot him? Yah let all the air outta him!

• Haha 2