Any suspected Sasquatch footsteps/stomps around you lately?

Tylo

If you want it or them gone, I suggest a game camera with infrared. I have heard they work, I don't have any personal evidence though. I would also not suggest gifting at your home, because they might get mad when gifts coming. Maybe off a ways into the woods would be safer. I was at a talk with Cliff once, and he had some casts on display. One was casts of fingers. Tom Shay of the Northern Kentucky Bigfoot Research Group left a jar of Nutella out and got finger impressions, so he froze it and cast it. You can read about it on Cliff's site. 

If you wanted to try to interact, perhaps leave out some crayons and paper. Maybe even draw something simple on it.

I'd be so fascinated. Please be careful.

NorthWind, it is fascinating.  Once I got over much of the fear I would work in the yard as usual but would just be even more aware of my surroundings.  I don't go into wild parts during times when its getting dark or during summer when foliage is thick and obscures vision.  I am slowly working on clearing a wide path to the back of the property, need to eliminate some dead trees/shrubs for better visibility.  It seems obvious that after having decade of subtle activity (for the most part) that it's not a negative situation.   I try to not go outside at night, though.  Possible activity seems to happen between 11 PM and 4 AM.  It took a while to shake off initial shock and fear.  I think it is possible my yard is part of their usual route and they know that I am aware of them.  If it was bad activity I certainly would contact someone for help.  I don't have any issues with them moving through the yard, messing with the house and scaring me or pets is off limits, though.  There is plenty of land and food around here for them, I would never put out food.  The garden is open to everyone after I plant, usually squash is untouched after everything else has been nibbled by the usual crowd of deer, raccoons, possums and turtles.  LOL!  They are low-key for sure. No howling or screaming.  Possible very late night/early AM clacking of rocks and other sounds.  I do think they communicate by impersonating other animals in this area, they don't try to draw attention to themselves because of all of the guns/dogs.

I can say that there are no problems during daytime hours when I'm out in the open areas of the yard.  Going into the overgrown back yard when it's a wall of foliage is something I am hesitant to do and only do so on sunny days when I hear other human activity. It makes me edgy so I am always careful.

NorthWind:  I had forgotten to mention to you that a couple of researchers also told me to put out paper/writing instruments for them.  I've not had enough nerve to do it.  However, I thought if/when I do it there will be a chalkboard with the big chunks of chalk in a plastic bin that seals and would need hands to open.  If I do it, I'll let you know and attach photos.  I really don't know how I would react if there was some type of response.

1 hour ago, Tylo said:

NorthWind:  I had forgotten to mention to you that a couple of researchers also told me to put out paper/writing instruments for them.  I've not had enough nerve to do it.  However, I thought if/when I do it there will be a chalkboard with the big chunks of chalk in a plastic bin that seals and would need hands to open.  If I do it, I'll let you know and attach photos.  I really don't know how I would react if there was some type of response.

A couple of people have done it. "Brett", who goes by Desert Sasquatch (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6lbMt-UtAMIIxkyLMWjxHA) on YouTube did it once. And maybe Angie, who goes by Snow White Bigfoot on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkYegUsdLV_JgwI7BXO0dtA) She has all kinds of weird stuff happen, and documents it. Videos are a little slow, though. Not sure if it's real. You could always set it up on a stump away from your place a ways. I have never tried it, and I don't recommend it since you shouldn't feed them near your place, but I'd bet they would love honeycomb. The real stuff, not the cereal. Save that for the wandering NorthWind. 

NorthWind:  I really won't put out food, it would be a headache to try to prevent raccoons from getting into it.  The pad of paper/crayons (or similar) is something I would try.  Last year I thought perhaps to give them a glow-in-the-dark frisbee or brightly colored softballs but then thought better of it.  Slightly afraid softballs might come back at me.  The frisbee is something I could do.  I've even thought about buying brightly colored rocks not native to this area and putting them close to the tree line. 

13 hours ago, Tylo said:

NorthWind:  I really won't put out food, it would be a headache to try to prevent raccoons from getting into it.  The pad of paper/crayons (or similar) is something I would try.  Last year I thought perhaps to give them a glow-in-the-dark frisbee or brightly colored softballs but then thought better of it.  Slightly afraid softballs might come back at me.  The frisbee is something I could do.  I've even thought about buying brightly colored rocks not native to this area and putting them close to the tree line. 

In my most recent video, I found a chunk of petrified wood strangely sitting alone on a stump. I took it, and left three little stones arranged in a triangle. A polished agate, a flattened decorative glass bead, and a small rock that had been painted with a red heart on it. Then I lugged out that chunk of petrified wood - probably ten pounds or so - out of there in my pack and pulled the sled and a couple of Madison's items. Crossed the river several times back and forth making multiple trips by myself with an injured Madison waiting on the bank. Anyway, that darned rock is sitting on a shelf next to some print casts I have. I may slice in half, or leave it somewhere. I always carry a few neat rocks and baubles to leave as a "thank you". 

People have hung glow sticks from branches or placed them on the ground or a stump. Pretty easy thing to do. Tie on about a 6' length of string to the glow stick and stretch it out with a bell on the other end. String well washed tin cans like from tuna. from I have sprinkled baking flour around to see if anything leaves tracks in it. Kitty litter or a bag some kind of absorbent granules could work too.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

NorthWind:  I have thought a lot about the paper/pen thing.  Curious to know if they really would want to try to communicate.  I had a strong impression that a young one was involved, quite a few things very low to the ground and delicate made me think of a young one.  I may try to do something like that this year.  Seems like they are around with all the tree/branch/stick work.

HiFlier:  Your comment made me think of Robert Dodson's videos.  He gave them melons and used glow sticks.  From what I saw in his videos, they were there and seemed to like to interact with him unless he pushed it too far.  You would see the widely space eyes and sometimes silhouettes of them.  He was definitely a hands-on researcher!  I watched his videos but he did pass away not too long ago.

With my situation here it does seem to be a matter of they know I know and that's it.  They may be a bit more curious about me because of that.  Usually, things happen in spring/summer/fall. Sporadic activity. I've never noticed anything in the winter.  I just keep tabs on the forum, just in case something different is reported or if something extreme happens on my end (good to be in touch with others for help if needed.)  They do what they do.

• Upvote 1

The last thing I would want is to interact with them in a possible habituation situation or just in an interaction beyond casual notice of each other. I have read and heard via video, that they can become a nuisance and even mean if you slacken your stimulus with them.

Doug:  Yeah, that is why I've been hesitant.  I just really don't know who or what they are.  I think research needs to advance a bit more before I feel much more confident in my decisions.  If they want to manipulate trees/branches, I'm fine with it.  Nothing threatening here but some weird unsettling things in addition to the manipulation of wood.  The thing is, since we don't know about them, you can never be sure what their message is.   I'm fairly certain they know my temperament.  The nagging thing in my mind is that I don't really know who they are.  Hoping for more developments/insight, that is why I check in on the subject periodically.  I ease my mind by thinking they've always been here and go about their business along side of us.  The best I can come up with.

Once again, everything about them multi-faceted. Good/Bad.  Hoping for more insight from those who interact with them.

• Upvote 1

When I go into the woods I do the same thing. I tell my self that they have been around me before and they are probably watching me most of the time I'm in the woods, so put it out of my mind by accepting that they are there and go about my business.

• Upvote 1

Doug:  Exactly how I function.  I've always been very alert when outdoors but now when crows start having a fit in the trees next to me, or I hear leaves rustling (things like that) I do look at what is happening instead of shoving it into the background.  If things happened in an area away from our property I would be much better with it.  Events in WI and here were actually at the house/in the yard. I can't leave it behind.  I'm relying on knowing that I don't behave in an aggressive manner and have not been pushy or intrusive to help me live with it.  I am really relying on researchers to add a few more pieces to the puzzle.  That is why I'm a proponent of allowing everything to be reported.  Perhaps more patterns can be discerned.  

No way to live being scared to walk out at night.

If there's no tracks  in your yard there's no Sasquatch walking through your yard .

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1