Toes

Spader

I live in the south eastern part of Louisiana and am about an hour and a half from the Honey Island swamp. I used to be a producer at a local t.v. Station. This was before I really got interested in Bigfoot. One of our reporters wanted to do a story about the Honey Island Swamp Monster.The one thing that struck me during the reporters interview with a local was that they found only footprints with three toes. Is this indicative of a different spiecies or a genetic trait that passed down generation to generation? Let's be honest, the gene pool has to be very shallow with the number of individuals that at most number in the very low thousands according to serious scientific researchers. I believe Jeff Meldrum puts the population at best 3-5 thousand individuals on the north American continent. Which is it? Different species, or genetic anomaly?

Could be a different species. Could be a result of in-breeding. The terms Bigfoot and Sasquatch are the chosen general terms to explain the phenomenon. But according to reports and sightings around the world, there seem to be variances and different characteristics such as the Russian bigfoot, the Orang Pendek and the swamp apes.

Is this indicative of a different spiecies or a genetic trait that passed down generation to generation?

I find the more/most rational answer is that they are faked and not to be taken as real.

Having but two feet to walk on, as opposed to four like a bear, doubles the hazards of walking barefoot in the wild. Add to this the longer toe lengths and lack of protective claws and Sasquatch might actually be losing digits it was born with, in the wild. I would think we would have seen tracks with missing middle toes or the big toe though. Always seems to be the smaller ones. A poisonous snake biting a small toe or kicking an obstruction can easily remove the smaller toes. Wonder if the great apes have the same problem?

Of course the low population numbers could be a problem with offspring.

Fake tracks now, I found it interesting that the few appliances that have been photographed contain one (Rant Mullens I believe) that blurs the smaller toes ( at least on one foot). The purpose for this? He was lazy I would guess.

Edited by damndirtyape

toe...I mean TWO...thoughts:

(or two - toe thoughts)

1 - Do the TBRC folks in Texas find 5 toed tracks or three toed tracks?

2 - Does anyone know if indigenous people who live barefoot have a higher propensity for either losing toes or having less than 5 toes based on a shallow gene pool?

Having but two feet to walk on, as opposed to four like a bear, doubles the hazards of walking barefoot in the wild. Add to this the longer toe lengths and lack of protective claws and Sasquatch might actually be losing digits it was born with, in the wild.

DDA....are you or your cohorts in the PNW regularly finding track with less than 5 toes?

SSR Team

Having but two feet to walk on, as opposed to four like a bear, doubles the hazards of walking barefoot in the wild. Add to this the longer toe lengths and lack of protective claws and Sasquatch might actually be losing digits it was born with, in the wild. I would think we would have seen tracks with missing middle toes or the big toe though. Always seems to be the smaller ones. A poisonous snake biting a small toe or kicking an obstruction can easily remove the smaller toes. Wonder if the great apes have the same problem?

Of course the low population numbers could be a problem with offspring.

Fake tracks now, I found it interesting that the few appliances that have been photographed contain one (Rant Mullens I believe) that blurs the smaller toes ( at least on one foot). The purpose for this? He was lazy I would guess.

It could be a combination of what the OOP said & what Rick said but if it were to be anyone of them specifically, i'd go with what Rick brought up..

SSR Team

I believe Jeff Meldrum puts the population at best 3-5 thousand individuals on the north American continent. Which is it? Different species, or genetic anomaly?

Just for clarity's sake, Dr M estimates at the increbibly low numbers of between 500 - 750 Animals for the Species on the whole..

I'm troubled by three-toed tracks. Five toes/appendages have been a fair truism of vertabrate evolution. Amphibian giants 250 mya sported pads/flippers with five individual bones within. These were the descendents of the first creatures to walk on land. Beaches qualify as land. Throughout natural history, certainly mammals have sported mostly five toed feet/hands.

Three toe speaks of a reptile or bird, not a mammal. JMHO

SSR Team

I'm troubled by three-toed tracks. Five toes/appendages have been a fair truism of vertabrate evolution. Amphibian giants 250 mya sported pads/flippers with five individual bones within. These were the descendents of the first creatures to walk on land. Beaches qualify as land. Throughout natural history, certainly mammals have sported mostly five toed feet/hands.

Three toe speaks of a reptile or bird, not a mammal. JMHO

17 & a half Inch Alligator's/Turtle's/Skinks etc Tracks in a Northern Britich Columbia Winter Inc ?? ;)

http://www.rense.com/general85/mor.htm

Just for clarity's sake, Dr M estimates at the increbibly low numbers of between 500 - 750 Animals for the Species on the whole..

My mistake, can't remember where i heard that. Thanks for letting me know.

Guest craichead

I think deformities to the fingers and toes are one of the most prevalent consequences of inbreeding in mammals. Most of us have probably seen domestic cats with those double front paws and such -- those are a result of inbreeding from what I understand.

A rare only semi-social animal seems to me would be likely to inbreed depending on where it is geographically.

Guest para ape

Any anthropolgist will tell you that all primates have five toes.The odd number toes I believe is a paranormal feature.The Fouke monster also had three toes and so did momo.

Alot of people like to use the injury or genetic defect argument,but I have seen odd toe casts and they in no way to me appeared to be the result of injury or a defect.They just seemed to be made that way to me.

Guest HairyGreek

Any anthropolgist will tell you that all primates have five toes.The odd number toes I believe is a paranormal feature.

You are arguing for something you cannot prove using science. You do understand that, don't you? (joke)In Excel, that is called a circular reference.(/joke)

Edited by HairyGreek