Toes

Spader

Guest RedRatSnake

Too be most honest, i think the three toe BF / Swamp Ape prints started from Alligator prints and just made there way along the myth as time went on.

Tim :)

Hell , the 3 toed things might not even be bigfoot, we do have the lizard man down here. I reckon there can be more than one humanoid cryptid roaming around lakes, rivers, and streams in the world.

Proof?

Exactly. Where's the proof?

Show me a large bi-pedal primate with 3 naturally occuring toes and you'll have it.

The burden isn't on ME.

Guest RedRatSnake

Irwin appears to have had a mild interest in cryptozoology. In August 6, 2002, Irwin was on the radio talk show, "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory." Noory asked Irwin about the Yowie/Bigfoot and Irwin replied that he had traveled extensively and hadn’t seen anything. He felt that he might have seen something by now, if they were real.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/irwin-killed/

Didn't know the guy personalty but i can not believe he didn't have some sort of interest in Yowie or any Crypto Stuff.

R.I.P Steve Irwin

Guest JiggyPotamus

I would expect there to be relatively large differences between the bigfeet of North America, and say somewhere like China, but I would not think that there would be such vast differences between the animals in the same country. But, since we do not have any data about their migration and breeding behavior, it is very hard to pinpoint an exact answer to questions like this.

I think something worth looking into is whether other animals of the same species, due to a practice such as inbreeding, have shown similar variation in size, shape, and number of digits of the feet. Or one could search for any animal population in which this variation has occurred, and then work backwards by determining the cause of such mutations. This may point us in the right direction.

IMO this is one of the biggest problems I have with believing in bigfoot, although I do believe, because I cannot fathom how there could be such a variety in shapes of the feet, as well as the variation in the number of digits on those feet. I am sure we have all seen the casts containing 5, 4, and as the OP mentioned, 3 toes as well.

Another variation I have noticed is the placement of the toes. Many casts look similar to human feet, with the toes side-by-side, but then there are many casts in which the toes are splayed and not touching one another. The size of the toes seems to vary also. I just cannot wrap my head around the reason for this, beyond stating that many are either hoaxes, or there is this much variation and mutation in the sasqui population.

Guest BuzzardEater

I met a guy with one finger on each hand. All the bones were contained in one big finger with one nail. If conventional humans can produce a one fingered guy, I imagine a three toed feral guy is possible.

As an aside, the Australians aren't certain Yowies are even apes. The skunk ape doesn't really resemble the Sasquatch. There might be multiple phenomena occurring.

Too be most honest, i think the three toe BF / Swamp Ape prints started from Alligator prints and just made there way along the myth as time went on.

The only thing missing was the tail slide behind it.

Guest BFSleuth

I did a search on John Green's database and found the following:

3 toes - 72 reports

4 toes - 43 reports

5 toes - 159 reports

6 toes - 11 reports

You can do the search at http://www.sasquatchdatabase.com/

I've heard that there is a distribution in the numbers of toes in observations where the number of toes could be seen in a sighting or in a trackway. Note that not all reports note the number of toes, many don't see the toes or tracks are not found after a sighting.

It is a specious argument to say that because one 3 toed report has been confirmed as a hoax therefore all non-5 toe observations are a hoax.

It may very well turn out that we are dealing with more than one species. There are some, such as Sanderson, that as early as 1961 was theorizing that just in North America there are three or four species (in part based on the variance in numbers of toes and foot shapes in bipedal trackways).

I think that based on some of the wider range of body types, shapes, and sizes; and based on observations of fingernails versus claws; and some appearing more gorilla like while others seem to more human like; and the range of digits; it seems that we may very well be looking at more than one species.

Guest RedRatSnake

The only thing missing was the tail slide behind it.

I will counter your idea with a counter point, Alligators walk very upright and the tail is not always firmly on the ground as to make an impression, you can fit a bus under that thing at times.

6531935645_8750f6384e_z.jpg

Tim :P

Guest KentuckyApeman

What? Steve Irwin wasn't into yowie research.

Was just making a joke. My original comments were pertaining to North American footprints. But I do know there is some related Sasquatch activity happening 'down under'. I believe there are some interesting stick structures, tree bends, etc, which also have been found in the U.S and Canada.

As for three toed prints being alligator made, not so sure. Many have been found where gators don't exist. Even the Foulke Monster events back in the 70's were noted for the 3 toed footprints. Gators have five toes.

Edited by KentuckyApeman

I will counter your idea with a counter point, Alligators walk very upright and the tail is not always firmly on the ground as to make an impression, you can fit a bus under that thing at times.

6531935645_8750f6384e_z.jpg

Tim :P

Nope, they always have the tail drag in between the footprints. I know, I have gators in the river below me, I see them all the time.

What? Steve Irwin wasn't into yowie research.

I can just imagine if he would have ran into a yowie on his show with one hiding in the brush shaking trees, growling and throwing rocks at him. "Crikey! He's a bit grumpy! Come here you naughty tackah.....It's ok mate....we're not here to hurt you.....let's have a look at you you cranky buggah......it's alright....."

Sad he got killed but I was surprised he lived as long as he did.

Guest KentuckyApeman

I can just imagine if he would have ran into a yowie on his show with one hiding in the brush shaking trees, growling and throwing rocks at him. "Crikey! He's a bit grumpy! Come here you naughty tackah.....It's ok mate....we're not here to hurt you.....let's have a look at you you cranky buggah......it's alright.....".

"Crikey!, he's a nasty old Yowie he is. Now if I cahn just slip up around behind him and get a better look, we'll see just what he..... :unsure:Ahhhhhhhh!!!" :o