Olympic Project nest on display

CelticKevin

I have some as well, Skinwalker13, but since the images have been removed from the web I thought it better to not upload what I have and look around here on the BFF instead? Just trying to respect what may be the implied wishes of the owner(s) of the images. But since some are evidently still on the Forum I thought it would be okay to use them.

Edited by hiflier

@hiflier Eh, makes enough sense I guess. Ive always been of the persuasion that once its on the internet its not like an etchasketch anymore. Cant just shake it and make it disappear, its out there. I'll leave the ones ive got setting on the drive.

Admin
7 hours ago, hiflier said:

Just trying to respect what may be the implied wishes of the owner(s) of the images.

We've had no takedown requests. Also, they released the images to the public when they distributed them on the internet, can't put the genie back in the bottle....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

See, this is part of the Bigfoot community I do not understand, why take them down off the internet if they're an important find? Not sure how skeptics or friends who want to learn more about the subject, are supposed to reach any conclusion when important finds like this are just themselves Cryptic. As good as the film is I don't want to tell someone "Go watch a 2 hour movie" when I could just easily hand them a set of great photos.

Edited by Marty

Thank, gigantor, I agree if removing images from the BFF was requested they wouldn't be here. What I was getting at was that I looked for the images on both the Olympic Project's website as well as Cliff Barackman's and no longer found them. So in deference to that I figured they had their reasons for limiting access to the photos and so followed suit out of respect for them. But now......

1675159676_OPNest5.jpg.c19650731db3023c773b7016d8cafbcd.jpg

1861319488_OpNest6.jpg.5fb6e93840317bb690b245a7c3aa0c14.jpg

205666051_OPNest7.png.a81b1abdb2e2ddc746d5cdc64497df45.png

620605218_OPNest9.png.af162b10e7fa399317fb377e703b30fc.png

• Thanks 2

Wow...I was just looking for the nest images. I knew they existed, had seen them, couldn't find them... I didn't realize they had been taken down.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:44 PM, CelticKevin said:

The North American Bigfoot Center tweeted out this pic of a soon to be ready display of a nest from the O.P. site.  I've listened to Derek Randall and found the whole project very intriguing. It"d be fascinating to see one of the nests up close.

IMG_20220309_161650.jpg

The discovery of the nests on the Olympic Peninsula are very intriguing to say the least. Hopefully the eDNA results will yield some interesting information.

It's pretty cool that they did a recreation and are allowing people to view the display. Bigfoot or not, these nests are certainly noteworthy and deserve scientific study.

• Upvote 1

Alas, there were no positive DNA results. The 2015 discovery had results that were too degraded to show a novel primate and the early covid crisis shut down any testing of samples collected in 2020. At least that was my understanding from a Shane Corson podcast interview.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

The first year I returned here I found a large area in the back yard that had been flattened into a large oval shape, completely hidden by brush. I had been cleaning up the yard and the wild areas, cutting saplings and small trees.  Running through this flattened area was a  very large/tall Cedar tree that had been bent downward and nearly parallel to the ground and then branches were bent upward, almost a wide U shape.  Due to the size of the tree it was quite obvious that it had been there for years.  It was still alive.  I stood there and was trying to figure out how the tree became that way, there was nothing on top of it. I remember thinking that I was surprised it was still alive after being so severely bent.  Since I was cleaning the area, I did cut up the tree and I chalked it up to being a deer even though I couldn't figure out the tree.  That was a couple of years before I looked into the Sasquatch topic.  Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have touched it.  I don't really like the term nest, I prefer bedding area.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
On 3/13/2022 at 4:11 AM, hiflier said:

Alas, there were no positive DNA results. The 2015 discovery had results that were too degraded to show a novel primate and the early covid crisis shut down any testing of samples collected in 2020. At least that was my understanding from a Shane Corson podcast interview.

The nests and the ultimately disappointing eDNA results featured in Laura Krantz (yes, a relative) excellent 'Wild Thing' podcast. 

Thought the results were tough to take but the footprints, hand print and hair samples found in the more recent nest site indicate these may be what we hope they are after all.